Release Elite: Dangerous Market Connector (EDMC)

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
Note that if you are a steam authenticating user, I found a workaround for when your browser is opened and you are prompted to login using Frontier username/pass rather than steam. When this happens, you will notice that your frontier login/pass fails to get you logged in.
In the URL which EDMC opens there is a property named "audience" and it is set to "frontier" (see example just below)
Code:
https://auth.frontierstore.net/auth?response_type=code&[B]audience=frontier[/B]&scope=capi&client_id
I simply changed that part to audience=steam, not changing any other element and it actually worked. I was directed to Steams authentication and was able to grant EDMC permission and am back up and running.

Well, it didn't work for me. I'm running in circles here... Any tricks are appreciated.

j,

Same here for 2 days now. All i get it a blank display on the edmc app, no login request, no commander name, no, ship, system, or station. Also Update is blanked out.

Running V3.3.7.0

Regards

Hi. Despite hosing Windoze 10 and re-installing everything from fresh, i'm still getting an 'invalid credentials' error with EDMC. I've done the 'deselect' thing on the frontier site but still nothing. As purely a trader this is a major problem for me. Consequently TCE doesn't function because of this error. The alternative is to use an online site for the trading information, but TCE is a really handy piece of software to use. Urgent help needed please.

Regards

Hi. Despite hosing Windoze 10 and re-installing everything from fresh, i'm still getting an 'invalid credentials' error with EDMC. I've done the 'deselect' thing on the frontier site but still nothing. As purely a trader this is a major problem for me. Consequently TCE doesn't function because of this error. The alternative is to use an online site for the trading information, but TCE is a really handy piece of software to use. Urgent help needed please.

Regards

Had the same issue too, but instead of starting TCE to get the login request, I did start EDMC alone.

So I did:
1. Deauthorizing EDMC first (https://auth.frontierstore.net/).
2. Start EDMC alone to get to the login page to authorize EDMC.
3. Login and approve the authorization once.
4. EDMC should thereafter confirm the success.

Hope it helps!

Had the same issue too, but instead of starting TCE to get the login request, I did start EDMC alone.

So I did:

Hope it helps!

After the last patch (3304), it suddenly started to work again. Very strange.

j,

So I did:

Hope it helps!

This worked for me. I had changed default browsers and edmc would fail log in every time until I did this.

So I did:

Hope it helps!

Hi. I followed your suggestions, well upto bullet point 2, I start EDMC which shows my Cmdr name, and the ship I use, but there is no system name or station entries. There is the update button which I press but I get the same error 'Invalid Credentials'. There is no web login page to allow me to enter my user name and password. I only get the login page after I start TCE and not before. I enter my name/password then get asked to verify it -which I do- then the page changes to '500 Internal Server Error'.

I don't see any forum posts about this if it's a problem with Frontier. I'm using EDMC V.3.37 and TCE V.1.7.5.1

I've had this problem since last saturday 16th Feb and it's continuing on from this morning with a fresh install of windoze 10. I've tried both the Steam and Frontier versions of Elite Dangerous with the same result.

Very strange indeed.

Thanks for your inputs.

Regards

Hi. I followed your suggestions, well upto bullet point 2, I start EDMC which shows my Cmdr name, and the ship I use, but there is no system name or station entries. There is the update button which I press but I get the same error 'Invalid Credentials'. There is no web login page to allow me to enter my user name and password. I only get the login page after I start TCE and not before. I enter my name/password then get asked to verify it -which I do- then the page changes to '500 Internal Server Error'.

I don't see any forum posts about this if it's a problem with Frontier. I'm using EDMC V.3.37 and TCE V.1.7.5.1

I've had this problem since last saturday 16th Feb and it's continuing on from this morning with a fresh install of windoze 10. I've tried both the Steam and Frontier versions of Elite Dangerous with the same result.

Very strange indeed.

Thanks for your inputs.

Regards

If you start EDMC and not getting the login, then EDMC wasn't properly deauthorized before, so I guess.
I use Firefox btw as the default browser.

Last edited:
Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom