Release Elite: Dangerous Market Connector (EDMC)

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
I use EDMC 3.4.1 natively under Linux (Python 2.7) but I can't get the login working.

1. I logged in to https://auth.frontierstore.net/ and checked for any authentications - there are none.
2. If I start EDMC, I see the commander's name and ship.
3. EDMC says "Logging in..." and Frontier's Login page opens in Firefox where I get a "500 Internal Server Error" page (I crossed out sensitive data):
Code:
https://auth.frontierstore.net/auth?response_type=code&audience=frontier&scope=capi&client_id=xxx&code_challenge=xxx&code_challenge_method=S256&state=xxx&redirect_uri=http://localhost:35205/auth
4. As I am a Steam user, I followed Lestaticon's (#562) suggestion and replaced "audience=frontier" by "audience=steam" - it doesn't change anything, I still get "500 Internal Server Error".

Any ideas?

I use EDMC 3.4.1 natively under Linux (Python 2.7) but I can't get the login working.

1. I logged in to https://auth.frontierstore.net/ and checked for any authentications - there are none.
2. If I start EDMC, I see the commander's name and ship.
3. EDMC says "Logging in..." and Frontier's Login page opens in Firefox where I get a "500 Internal Server Error" page (I crossed out sensitive data):
Code:
https://auth.frontierstore.net/auth?response_type=code&audience=frontier&scope=capi&client_id=xxx&code_challenge=xxx&code_challenge_method=S256&state=xxx&redirect_uri=http://localhost:35205/auth
4. As I am a Steam user, I followed Lestaticon's (#562) suggestion and replaced "audience=frontier" by "audience=steam" - it doesn't change anything, I still get "500 Internal Server Error".

Any ideas?

I'm also having trouble with the internal server error part :/

I do know that I have to run EDMC with my account "code" in terminal, but I can't generate one at all...

Side note (optional read):

I have to work under linux on my notebook and I only have 250GB in it, I was so happy that ED worked, but kinda bummed that EDMC didn't.

What do you mean by that?

You need to get a developer app code on the Frontier website in order to connect to your account on EDMC, then you run the program with your auth code, eg.: CLIENT_ID=[yourFrontierID] ./EDMarketConnector.py

The latest release of EDMC installs and runs under Wine on Linux.
There's also some improvements to usability on Linux when running from source, and you no longer need to obtain a CLIENT_ID to be able to login for cAPI data.

Hi there, having a bit of trouble running EDMC, it seems to failing to keep authenticating me. This only happens whenever I am fetching data. It always allows me to log in and use the app, however each time I fetch data, it requires me to log in again.
EDMarketConnector.log

Been using EDMC, and a huge fan of it for years. Today I hit a snag.

EDMC won't open on my monitor. After several attempts, I noticed the fans on my computer revving up. Opened Task Manager, and saw several instances (likely one for every time I tried opening it) of EDMC running in the background. Ended task on each of them, computer fans calmed down. Figured I may have done something to screw up the EDMC files, so went to download the latest MSI (342) from GitHub. When I double-click the installer, I get a very brief window showing something is installing, and then nothing. No EDMC running on either of my monitors, yet it shows it running in background processes again. Not sure where it's running, or why it's not visible. I tried searching this thread, as well as a Google search, as well as combing through the GitHub, and didn't come across this specific problem. Any help anyone can give me would be appreciated!

Windows 10, Nvidia card (drivers are all up to date), latest version of Chrome is my browser, and have Kaspersky (free) antivirus running. I tried a reboot, tried running EDMC in Administrator Mode, and temporarily disabled Kaspersky...still no visible EDMC, besides as a 'background process'.

edit I figured it out. Uninstalled, then searched and deleted every folder that had been left by EDMC. Rebooted, then reinstalled and it now works.

Last edited:
Hi there, having a bit of trouble running EDMC, it seems to failing to keep authenticating me. This only happens whenever I am fetching data. It always allows me to log in and use the app, however each time I fetch data, it requires me to log in again.
EDMarketConnector.log

I have the same problem with the steam account i got two weeks ago from the steam sale (second account).

Everything works fine for my old/first account (bought directly from fdev), but when i use the steam account it requests a login to auth.frontierstore.net for every update.

I have checked the registry, a api key is saved in fdev_apikeys (two in total, one for each account).

On INARA the steam account has a problem, too (all updates fail with status code 302).

I have limited knowledge about REST/API stuff, but could it be that with the new class of steam accounts (these seem to only work over steam using the steam client), something changed with the API authorization?

Greetings! Sorry if this question was asked already, but I couldn't find it in this thread. So basically, does EDMC keep the data between instances? E.g. if I tick the "upload on docking" in settings, then pile up some data, close the game/ED, then after reboot proceed along the route and dock, will it upload the data from both parts or "forget" the stuff from the previous instance?

A few days ago I noticed that my factions systems/stations and faction influence information were not getting updated on Inara or EDDB. I was using EDDI as well as EDMC, both which update to Inara. The Inara updates are turned on (I used to use them fine a while ago). Now though the system/station/faction information is not getting updated.

I have also reported this to Inara (via their Discord) and to the EDDI devs here: https://forums.frontier.co.uk/threads/eddi-3-3-bring-your-cockpit-to-life.387955/post-8112906

The Inara API log does show the updates coming through from both EDMC and EDDI but the systems, stations and factions are not getting updated. My CMDR details, etc. are all getting updated fine though. Any ideas?

Okay, I got a friend to run EDMC and jump into one of the systems and it updated for him, so it looks like this is an issue with me. :(

No idea what or why though.

Update: Can confirm EDMC is now working. It was my fault, I had turned off the EDDN updating in the settings and forgot. 🙄

Last edited:
Hello, everybody,

I hope I'm in the right place with the question/remark.
I have found an error in the transmission of TradeDangeruos data (market data).
During my last visits to stations, the entry "Animal Treatment" was misspelled in the market data.
There was no space between the two words. Could someone please check and correct this?

Thank you and have a nice fourth advent

nepomuk

@nepomuk
The EDMC just copies the entries in your journal files and afaik all commodities with spaces (ingame) don't have spaces in the journal files.
And for your info: Some commodities are really misspelled in the journal files, e.g. Energy Grid Assembly are named "powergridassembly" and there are a few more ;)

Last edited:
I guess you mean Agronomic Treatment which was introduced for a community goal. There wasn't a release for EDMC yet, which includes the necessary changes. If you run EDMC from source it does work allready.

Sorry, "Agronomic Treatment" of course.
But the entry comes via EDMC. EDMC copies/creates a text file and saves it in the set path.
I am currently not at the PC. Afterwards I can put a copy of the market file here.
I use version 3.43.

That's quite possible. Do you know if this will be fixed in the next update?
Here is an extract from my last station

Code:
#! trade.py import -
# Created by E:D Market Connector 3.4.3.0 on Windows for Cmdr Melli Beese.
#
#    <item name>             <sellCR> <buyCR>   <demand>   <stock>  <timestamp>

@ Asgarage/Low Hub
   + Chemicals
      AgronomicTreatment         3800       0     46518H         -  2019-12-22 23:23:24
      Hydrogen Fuel               120     127          ?   375759L  2019-12-22 23:23:24
      Mineral Oil                 505     600          ?    15420L  2019-12-22 23:23:24
      Pesticides                  767       0    395691H         -  2019-12-22 23:23:24
      Water                        12      64          ?  1004830M  2019-12-22 23:23:24
   + Consumer Items
      Clothing                    870       0   1518632H         -  2019-12-22 23:23:24
      Consumer Technology        7631       0    207487H         -  2019-12-22 23:23:24
      Domestic Appliances        1114       0    498511H         -  2019-12-22 23:23:24
   + Foods
      Algae                        63     106          ?  1936325M  2019-12-22 23:23:24
      Animal Meat                1428    1503          ?    37793M  2019-12-22 23:23:24
      Coffee                     1326    1396          ?    51587M  2019-12-22 23:23:24
      Fish                        469     508          ?   785521M  2019-12-22 23:23:24
      Fruit and Vegetables        414     460          ?    80955M  2019-12-22 23:23:24
      Grain                       223     262          ?  2600177M  2019-12-22 23:23:24
      Tea                        1606    1667          ?    36209M  2019-12-22 23:23:24

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom