Release Elite Dangerous Market Connector (EDMC)

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
Well, I found the following in the logs:
Unknown status code from EDDN: None -- <Response [400]> Exception in Tkinter callback
Wouldn't that mean that EDMC isn't sending the data to EDDN in the correct format? as this is what the HTTP 400 error code stands for...
No idea what to make of that, doesn't look like my Firewall is blocking anything (checked and it is set to allow EDMC to communicate, duh)
Open a Bug Report issue on GitHub with all the information it asks for. EDMC 5.2.1 is defintiely working with EDDN, the Gateway/Monitor is logging plenty of messages (over 98,000 today so far), so this has to be more specific to you.

Open a Bug Report issue on GitHub with all the information it asks for. EDMC 5.2.1 is defintiely working with EDDN, the Gateway/Monitor is logging plenty of messages (over 98,000 today so far), so this has to be more specific to you.
Gotcha, I'll do that then. Haven't made bug reports on Github before, but can't be too difficult.

Edit: Issue submitted :)

Last edited:
Release 5.2.2

This release adds one new feature and addresses some bugs. We've also updated to using Python 3.9.8.
  • Windows now has "minimize to system tray" support.
    • The system tray icon will always be present. - There is a new option on the Settings > Appearance tab -
      Minimize to system tray.
    • When this new option is active, minimizing the application will also
      hide the taskbar icon.
    • When the new option is not active, the application will minimize to the
      taskbar as normal.

Bug Fixes​

• If a CAPI query failed in such a way that no requests.Response object
    was made available we attempted to blindly dump the non-existent object. We now check that it actually exists, and log the specifics of the exception.
  • A user experienced the game writing a NavRoute.json file without a
    Route array, which caused the application to attempt sending a badly formed navroute message to EDDN. That message was then remembered and constantly retried.
    • We now sanity check the NavRoute.json contents to be sure there is a
      Route array, even if it is empty. If it's not present no attempt to send the EDDN message will be made.
      If this scenario occurs the user will see a status line message No 'Route' array in NavRoute.json contents.
    • For any EDDN message that receives a 400 status back we will drop it
      from the replay log.
Virus Total

Yes, this will almost certainly be detected as a false positive malware by many naive Anti-Virus solutions. I pre-emptively uploaded it to Virus Total -> https://www.virustotal.com/gui/file...5052f85cc8f514f58d3ff952532d9bdd3fc?nocache=1

Last edited:
Thank you for the minimize to tray option!
Of course I already have at least one user upset that there's always a system tray icon.

I'll see if we can also make it an option to have the icon at all, but no promises. It will involve refactoring all of the code that deals with creating it.

Just tell them to turn off the icon in Windows settings. There's no need for an option in EDMC, really.

icons.jpg

off.jpg

Release 5.2.3

This release fixes one bug and fixes some example code.
  • Odyssey changed the order of some Journal events. This caused our logic for tracking the following to break, and thus not report them ever to Inara:
    • Ship Combat, Trade and Exploration ranks.
    • On-foot Combat and Exobiologist ranks.
    • Engineer unlocks and progress.
    • Reputations with Major Factions (Superpowers).
    • This is now fixed and the current state of all of these will be correctly reported to Inara if you have API access for it configured.

Developers​

• Now built using Python 3.9.9.
  • Updated PLUGINS.md to state that we don't actually include all of Python's standard library.
  • The click_counter example plugin code has been corrected to both actually work fully, and pass our linting.

I've managed to get the latest version of EDMC working on windows 7 by using this:

It's something someone's come up with to get Blender working on win 7, same issue in that there is a python dependency so figured it was worth a punt and all seems good.

EDMC 5 plus - Win7 working.jpg

Note I think his instructions are slightly wrong. For reference I put the version from the 64 directory in the zip, in the windows\system32 directory, and the version from the 32 directory in the zip, in the windows\sysWOW64 directory.

Last edited:
If anyone is up for testing the bleeding edge of EDMC releases then I just put out EDMarketConnector 5.3.0-beta0. The primary purpose of this is to check we can build, and release, using Python 3.10. It works on my Windows 10 21H1 install. I only did some basic testing of Frontier Auth working, opening browser links for coriolis etc working and the like.

There's one other small change in the code, please read the changelog at the release URL for details. Also, as that says, if you experience any weirdness with this pre-release please check if it's also present in 5.2.3.

For Plugin Developers, there shouldn't be any breaking changes in this, but do please check, just in case! If you utilise any extra python modules that require architecture-specific libraries then keep in mind those might not have been made available for Python 3.10 yet (but it has been ~2 months since release now).

Now that GitHub finally added support for Python 3.10.1, I've just released 5.3.0-beta2. This updates our process for building the Windows installer to be more robust against changes to the necessary files we need to ship.

Where should I report an issue? Here or on GitHub. I have been using EDMC to generate the .prices files for tradedangerous but some items are not resolving. I get ONIONHEADC not matching anything in the .prices files. Where can I update this?

Where should I report an issue? Here or on GitHub. I have been using EDMC to generate the .prices files for tradedangerous but some items are not resolving. I get ONIONHEADC not matching anything in the .prices files. Where can I update this?
Issues are always best reported on GitHub, that way they don't get forgotten and we can match them up to merges that fix them.

I'll have to look at the code to remind myself about any mappings related to the TD .prices files, but I'm going to hazard a guess it'll be something to do with (not) merging EDDB ID changes.

Looking into the code, we rely on the rare_commodity.csv file from FDevIDs, which has all of: OnionHead, OnionHeadA and OnionHeadB, but no OnionHeadC in it yet. So you probably want to report the issue there, and use EDMC's File > Save Raw Data to supply an example of how EDMC is picking it up after docking at the station that sells it.

Ah, it turns out that version of OnionHead isn't a rare, and it's in the FDevIDs commodity.csv already. If you download a copy using the 'Raw' button on that page and overwrite the one in your EDMC install it'll start working. I'll open an EDMC issue to both remind us to update that for our next release, and ensure we always check these things before any release in future.

Ah, it turns out that version of OnionHead isn't a rare, and it's in the FDevIDs commodity.csv already. If you download a copy using the 'Raw' button on that page and overwrite the one in your EDMC install it'll start working. I'll open an EDMC issue to both remind us to update that for our next release, and ensure we always check these things before any release in future.
Thank you. Without your dedication to this project, the ED community would suffer in this empty ED galaxy. At least with your help I can add something to the community, even if it is just station data.

I've just released EDMarketConnector 5.2.4 which uses the latest versions of the market commodity data files.

Release 5.2.4

This is a very minor update that simply imports the latest versions of data files so that some niche functionality works properly.
  • Update commodity.csv and rare_commodity.csv from the latest EDCD/FDevIDs versions. This addresses an issue with export of market data in Trade Dangerous format containing OnionHeadC rather than the correct name, Onionhead Gamma Strain, that Trade Dangerous is expecting.
    This will only have affected Trade Dangerous users who use EDMarketConnector as a source of market data.
Virus Total link for this release: https://www.virustotal.com/gui/file...0ZmVjOWEwYzZhNTk2YjA4NTNjMjg6MTYzOTY2NDM5NA==

Last edited:
Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom