Release Elite Dangerous Market Connector (EDMC)

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
Have installed 4.1.1 and getting an error with the usage of EDMC.exe by using the -m and -o parameter.
Here is the message:
C:\Program Files (x86)\EDMarketConnector>edmc -m d:\test.csv Lauma,Pribylov Relay 2020-10-06 19:23:32.759 - ERROR - EDMC.main:304: No commodities or outfitting (modules) in CAPI data

If I use the 'Update' button at the EDMC GUI, I get a commodity export file.

Deleted member 38366

D
For me, the V4.1.1 seems to work fine now.

As opposed to 4.1, it installed without issues and successfully launched the Application as expected :)

Had the same problems as FalconFly on a German Win7 system with version 4.1, but the newest version is working just fine for me. Thanks a lot for the fast fix!

Have installed 4.1.1 and getting an error with the usage of EDMC.exe by using the -m and -o parameter.
Here is the message:
C:\Program Files (x86)\EDMarketConnector>edmc -m d:\test.csv Lauma,Pribylov Relay 2020-10-06 19:23:32.759 - ERROR - EDMC.main:304: No commodities or outfitting (modules) in CAPI data

If I use the 'Update' button at the EDMC GUI, I get a commodity export file.
Yeah, we had a brainfart during code cleanup changing the logic of that check, I'll get 4.1.2 out with a fix later today.

Release 4.1.3
  • Revert to not setting gdiScaling in the application manifest. This should fix #734 and #739.
    A side effect will be that the radio buttons in Preferences > Appearance for the Theme selection will once more be improperly sized under any UI scaling. This is a Tcl/Tk bug which they have fixed in their code, but not yet made a new release containing that fix. We'll have it fixed when Tcl/Tk release a fixed version and Python releases a fixed version, that we use, that includes the fixed libraries.
  • Wraps some ctypes code in a try/except in order to fix #737. This should benefit anyone running EDMC under any Wine version that doesn't set the registry key we check for.
    Note, however, that we recommend running EDMarketConnector natively from source if using Linux.

Is there any way to stop EDMC taking me out of Elite and back to the desktop to tell me there is an update?

This is obviously undesirable behaviour when you're in the middle of combat :oops:

Release 4.1.4

The only change from 4.1.3 is to insert some Windows version checks before even attempting to set a UTF-8 encoding. We'll now only attempt this if the user is not on Windows, or is on at least Windows 10 1903.

For unknown reasons no exception was being thrown under some circumstances (in this case running under an earlier Windows 10, but with EDMarketConnector.exe set to run in Windows 7 compatibility mode for some unknown reason).

I've been searching for quite some time a way to talk to the developers of EDMC, and I think this might be the best way to do so.

First, let me thank you very much for your hard work, I love the software and I love using it. It's simple and it does the job it was made to.

Secondly, I'd like to request a simple feature that single monitor users like myself would love to. The addition of the "transparent" theme was amazing, and pairing it up with the "always on top" makes it really immersive using it to obtain information (such as showing for explorers close-by systems needing triangulation in EDSM) while not needing to alt+tab all the time. There's only one problem with that: If you do so, and either use the Full Spectrum System Scanner with your mouse or either use your mouse in any other activity in game a lot, at some point, your mouse will go on top of EDMC window, and then you'll miss click on it, automatically alt-tabbing your game. That's kinda annoying, specially when you're in situations where you wouldn't like that to happen at all (dogfighting, for example).

So, I'd like to ask (if it's possible) for you to make a simple addition: The option to make the EDMC, while always on top, "clickable through". This would make it stop (you could even add a hotkey to able/unable this option. That would help me and others a lot.

I don't understand much of programming, but I believe that's quite simple to be made, I'm not sure. Anyway, hit me up if that's possible or not! And once again, thank you very much for your hard work!

automatically alt-tabbing your game. That's kinda annoying, specially when you're in situations where you wouldn't like that to happen at all (dogfighting, for example).

I use an AutoHotKey (AHK) script to ensure focus is where I want it. While my use is because I may click windows on my second screen sometimes, it could be just as useful for you on a single screen. I realize this isn't exactly the fix you want but it could be useful in the meantime. I'm not linking to AHK's website on the off chance it might trigger automoderation of some sort but you can easily Google it. Once that's installed, you can download the script from here:

The only issue this has for me is I have to run after I've launched the game. If I exit and reload, I have to exit the script by right clicking it in the system tray and reload it after the game is running again. Since you only have one monitor, you'd probably have to minimise the game using WinKey+D to do this or perhaps pin a shortcut to it to your Start Menu so you could hit the Windows key and click it.

Hope this helps.

I use an AutoHotKey (AHK) script to ensure focus is where I want it. While my use is because I may click windows on my second screen sometimes, it could be just as useful for you on a single screen. I realize this isn't exactly the fix you want but it could be useful in the meantime. I'm not linking to AHK's website on the off chance it might trigger automoderation of some sort but you can easily Google it. Once that's installed, you can download the script from here:

The only issue this has for me is I have to run after I've launched the game. If I exit and reload, I have to exit the script by right clicking it in the system tray and reload it after the game is running again. Since you only have one monitor, you'd probably have to minimise the game using WinKey+D to do this or perhaps pin a shortcut to it to your Start Menu so you could hit the Windows key and click it.

Hope this helps.
Hey, thank you for your kind suggestion, I appreciate that.

I've knew about AHK scripts before, and the only problem, at least for me, in using that is that it might trigger security detections not only on ED (I don't know that, though), but for other games as well. That's my main concern about using it. I've seen people getting banned before while using AHK, and they were not using it for the games they were playing but for other stuff (like automating Windows tasks and such).

So, even though that would be handy, for sure, I'd prefer for a built-in solution, that's why I came here to ask that.

But once again, thank you for your suggestion!

Hey, thank you for your kind suggestion, I appreciate that.

I've knew about AHK scripts before, and the only problem, at least for me, in using that is that it might trigger security detections not only on ED (I don't know that, though), but for other games as well. That's my main concern about using it. I've seen people getting banned before while using AHK, and they were not using it for the games they were playing but for other stuff (like automating Windows tasks and such).

So, even though that would be handy, for sure, I'd prefer for a built-in solution, that's why I came here to ask that.

But once again, thank you for your suggestion!
That can happen with some games where they're particularly hypersensitive due to a lot of folks cheating. Luckily that doesn't apply to Elite. I've been using this and a couple other scripts I use due to accessibility reasons for literally years and never had any issues. For other games, it varies greatly, of course. Generally speaking I've had no trouble with MMO or single player games. The sorts of games that usually freak out about anything of that sort would be a competitive multiplayer FPS sort of thing.

Additionally, take with a large grain of salt those who claim not to have been cheating but banned anyway. That's actually rather rare. But, yeah, when playing such games it's best to remove any scripts that might be running so they don't get flagged. It's also why any of my scripts that I share contain the bits that limit it to just the game window in question. Why take chances, yeah?

I'm experiencing an issue getting EDMC to be an authorized application with Frontier. Its worked in the past, Inara.cz authorized fine. But for some reason, when it pulls up the page, I enter my credentials and press login .. nothing happens. Same process with same credentials and Inara.cz proceeds to the Authorize page and it works.

Any ideas?

I'm experiencing an issue getting EDMC to be an authorized application with Frontier. Its worked in the past, Inara.cz authorized fine. But for some reason, when it pulls up the page, I enter my credentials and press login .. nothing happens. Same process with same credentials and Inara.cz proceeds to the Authorize page and it works.

Any ideas?
Is this continuing to be an issue or has it resolved itself?

If the latter, probably a hiccup in frontier auth. Otherwise, might be an antivirus getting in the middle of how we do auth stuff.

well .. I can get into the frontier apps that have been authorized .... which I couldn't do before.. and sign in sign-in process hasn't changed. It just works now all of a sudden.
Then .. if I deauthorize EDMC and then relaunch EDMC .. I get the prompt to approve .... and from the web page and EDMC .. it appears to have not worked... but it once again appears on the "approved app list" on frontier.
The only other thing that I noted was during the last update to EDMC .. my install is not in the "default" location on the "C" drive. It's path is "D:\EDLaunch\EDMarketConnector" with "EDLaunch\" being the top level ED install path. This caused the update to EDMC to fail ... I had to do the update to the default location and copy (or did I move it??, don't remember) to my desired location ... and now its "up to date" but this issue of EDMC getting "signed into" still persists .. so none of my travel data gets uploaded for the greater good of the universe.

Short answer .. yes .. it's still an issue. :)

one more tidbit ... I launch ED and these other apps via a simple PS script.

# Autolaunch for EliteDangerous

& "D:\EDLaunch\EDDI\EDDI.exe"
& "D:\EDLaunch\EDLaunch.exe"
& "D:\EDLaunch\EDMarketConnector\EDMarketConnector.exe"
[system.Diagnostics.Process]::Start("Chrome","https://inara.cz/")

Can you post your logs? Though this is most likely something like an AV messing with our protocol handler or similar.

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom