Release Elite Dangerous Market Connector (EDMC)

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
Can you post your logs? Sure... done plus a pic of EDMC of where it just sits after being launched and next to it the Frontier screen ... after pressing "Login"
Though this is most likely something like an AV messing with our protocol handler or similar. I can assure you that it is not AV .. unless you're referring to Audio Visual :p

Attachments

• EDMC-Login.zip
    71.8 KB · Views: 195
No, and that's the odd part, it sits right there. As a credential and frontier test, that is where I signed into the frontier site, and navigated to the App Authorization page. And for a while, I kept getting a something has gone wrong, try again later from Frontier. However they seem to be working and I can visual confirm that EDMC is listed as authorized. I can deauthorize it, and it reappears when I launch EDMC, and press "login" on the Frontier page when it pops up, but I never get next page beyond login.

Im gonna suggest a reinstall tot he "normal" place for now, unless you want to go mucking around in your registry,

systems engineer ... I'm quite comfortable in regedit. Do you have a key(s) you're wanting to look at.

I would also be fine with a re-install at the default location .. not only as a test but a learning experience.

I will tell you that this has happened in the past and cleared itself up ... attributed to an update to EDMC but not positive since I hadn't done anything and it just started working. Almost as suddenly as it stopping.

ps "Using Internet Explorer. IE is known to be broken. Please (temporarily) set your default browser to Edge, Chrome or Firefox and retry." fyi .. I'd thought of this on my own and had also tried it w/o success. I realize it wasn't mentioned here so I figured I'd toss it out there.

UPDATE: Fresh install to the default location resolved it .. it no longer apparently likes to be moved. Unless you'd like to suggest some author tips for me to play with.

Last edited:
Im about to go to bed, but check HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\edmc\shell\open\command 's default key, should be path/to/edmc.exe "%1"

hmm .. I see. grassyass mi amigo.

ok - let me correct that key to reflect a different path and see if that also resolves this issue.

Here it comes .. wait for it ... even this system engineer needs to be told every so often ... RTFM!

Using the install cmd syntax of -> msiexec /i "c:\EDMarketConnector_win_4.1.4.msi" INSTALLDIR="D:\EDLaunch\EDMarketConnector" the install proceeded as expected - I deauthorized it and successfully reauthorized it as expected. This CMD line option for installing to an alternate location I'd skimmed right over since I'd already "located the install file." :rolleyes:

"Necropsy"
I've had EDMC installed since very early on and had manually moved it to the "D" path. It has operated and updated as expected until recently save for the occasional failure to authorize, most likely due to the occasionally frontier hiccups that can happen. This recent update from v4.0.3 (?) to v4.1.4 didn't appear to apply. Each time I launched, it would report a new update .. to v4.1.4. Each time they were going to the "default" location that I'd long since thought I'd left behind, manually and I was lunching from my custom location.

A_D pointed out the regkey where in fact, a custom path to install would have been recorded. I could have manually edited this key with the correct path but I wanted to test it via "the intended method" and it worked as expected and I confirmed the regkey now contains my custom install path.

Thank you both for you input powers of recall ... (y)

ps - fricken awesome app .. and at an outstanding price as well !

We've been made aware of an issue with the old 3.4.3.0/3.43 version (the last one that Marginal released) when checking for an update. It finds that there's a new version, but then crashes shortly after trying to offer it to the user (the changelog pane is blank and the entire window, along with the EDMarketConnector.exe process, disappears 2-3 seconds later).

For now we're advising all 3.4.3.0 users (who want to update, if you have any third-party plugins they'll likely need updating to work with 4.x versions) to follow the procedure outlined in this EDMC wiki Troubleshooting page. You really do want to update to the 4.x series, else you're missing out on all sorts of bug fixes and enhancements.

As per #804 - Update from 3.4.3.0/3.43 doesn't work I've contacted Marginal to see if he can change the redirect of the old update URL to point to a file I can directly control (rather than to the live GitHub one, where edits will affect all EDMC users). If he enacts that change then I'll experiment to see if changing the contents of the file will allow 3.4.3.0 to update.

In the last version (4.1.5) an error crept into the commodity list. The "void opals" are written without "s",
which is wrong. Just edit the file in the Windows editor (notepad) and append the "s".

This is not a big deal now, but if you want the current commodity list to be passed to eddb.io, it won't work.
Or you want to build your own database with "TradeDangerous", then it doesn't work either.

I have attached the corrected list. The original file in the EDMC installation path can be overwritten
(make a copy to be on the safe side) and the extension txt has to be renamed to csv.

Pay attention to the next posts !

Last edited:
In the last version (4.1.5) an error crept into the commodity list. The "void opals" are written without "s",
which is wrong. Just edit the file in the Windows editor (notepad) and append the "s".

This is not a big deal now, but if you want the current commodity list to be passed to eddb.io, it won't work.
Or you want to build your own database with "TradeDangerous", then it doesn't work either.

I have attached the corrected list. The original file in the EDMC installation path can be overwritten
(make a copy to be on the safe side) and the extension txt has to be renamed to csv.
That was an intentional change so that the name matches that returned by the Frontier CAPI /market endpoint. If it's different from the in-game text then I'd suggest petitioning Frontier to make it consistent, at which point we'd match whichever they choose in our next release.

It's possible that Trade Dangerous is lagging behind in not having removed the 's' themselves.

That was an intentional change so that the name matches that returned by the Frontier CAPI /market endpoint. If it's different from the in-game text then I'd suggest petitioning Frontier to make it consistent, at which point we'd match whichever they choose in our next release.

It's possible that Trade Dangerous is lagging behind in not having removed the 's' themselves.

OK, thanks for the information !
I did not know that the name has changed ingame.
I'll contact the creators of TradeDangerous.

For reference, I just did a fresh /market query and the raw output contains:

JSON:
    {
      "id": 128924332,
      "name": "Opal",
      "legality": "",
      "buyPrice": 0,
      "sellPrice": 134844,
      "meanPrice": 135214,
      "demandBracket": 3,
      "stockBracket": 0,
      "stock": 0,
      "demand": 7042,
      "statusFlags": [],
      "categoryname": "Minerals",
      "locName": "Void Opal"
    },

Hi, first thanx for this great tool ;)

Is it normal that after a few gaming sessions (about 5), it's asking me again the Frontier's authentication ? (Version 4.1.5)

(The first time that you run the app while playing the game you are redirected to Frontier's authentication website and prompted for your username and password. This is the same username and password combination that you use to log into the Elite: Dangerous launcher)

Thanx greetings.

Hi, first thanx for this great tool ;)

Is it normal that after a few gaming sessions (about 5), it's asking me again the Frontier's authentication ? (Version 4.1.5)

(The first time that you run the app while playing the game you are redirected to Frontier's authentication website and prompted for your username and password. This is the same username and password combination that you use to log into the Elite: Dangerous launcher)

Thanx greetings.
This is time based, around when Frontier expires the Refresh Token. EDMC stores the last Refresh Token it received, then uses that to get an Access Token for the session (and will then get new Access Tokens so long as the last-received Refresh Token continues to work). In short, if that's not working then 99% chance it's an issue at Frontier's end.

Release 4.1.6

We might have finally found the cause of the application hangs during shutdown. Note that this became easier to track down due to the downtime for migration of www.edsm.net around 2021-01-11. Before these fixes EDSM's API not being available would cause an EDMC hang on shutdown.

• We've applied extra paranoia to some of the application shutdown code to ensure we're not still trying to handle journal events during this sequence.
    We also re-ordered the shutdown sequence, which might help avoid the shutdown hang.
    If you encounter a shutdown hang then please add a comment and log files to Application can leave a zombie process on shutdown #678 to help us track down the cause and fix it.
  • We now avoid making Tk event_generate() calls whilst the appliction is shutting down.
  • Plugins should actively avoid making any sort of Tk event_generate() call during application shutdown.
    This means using if not config.shutting_down: to gate any code in worker threads that might attempt this. Also, be sure you're not attempting such in your plugin_stop() function.
    See plugins/edsm.py and plugins/inara.py for example of the usage.
  • Any use of plug.show_error() won't actually change the UI status line during shutdown, but the text you tried to show will be logged instead.
  • Cargo tracking will now correctly count all instances of the same type of cargo for different missions. Previously it only counted the cargo for the last mission requiring that cargo type, as found in Cargo.json.
  • The loaded contents of Cargo.json can now be found in monitor.state['CargoJSON']. monitor.state is what is passed to plugins as state in the journal_entry() call.
  • Our logging code should now cope with logging from a property.
  • Logging from any name-mangled method should now work properly.
  • Miscellaneous updates to PLUGINS.md - mostly to clarify some things.

NB: Of course 4.1.5 or earlier is going to hang during shutdown (if you have 'Send flight log and Cmdr status to EDSM' active) when upgrading from it to 4.1.6 whilst EDSM is down.

You'll just need to

1. wait for the install to otherwise finish
  2. close the popup from 4.1.6 saying "An EDMarketConnector.exe process was already running, exiting."
  3. force-kill the old process (just clicking on the window and waiting for Windows to ask if you want to close it, and doing so, is enough).
  4. Re-run EDMarketConnector.exe

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom