Release Elite Dangerous Market Connector (EDMC)

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
For future releases, would it be possible to announce if any Python 3.9.x specific functions are being used? Doing so would be very helpful to those of us who are stuck with Win7. I'd like to avoid the process of setting up run-from-source on any future releases that are just going to fail.
There isn't much new in 3.9 syntax wise other than:
  • dict union operators: | and |= for dicts, which are shortcuts to dict.update(other) and dict = dict.update(other respectively)
  • Type hinting generics for builtins. in 3.8.x dict[str, bool] will error, wheras it works as expected in 3.9+. If you really want to maintain a patched version, you can either strip these out completely, or replace them with their typing counterparts, typing.Dict or typing.Mapping or typing.MutableMapping. None of this will have an effect on runtime.
There are a lot of backend changes that are pretty much not related (eg 3.9.x has a new parser vs 3.8.x), but they shouldn't affect you unless we're eg explicitly catching errors that have changed.

As for 3.10, Im definitely planning to make use of structural pattern matching to make code a bit more clean when it comes to event handling. In theory this can be as simple as just replacing with if/elif trees, but there are some significant changes that can and will make this either significantly harder or impossible (such as the addition of a new protocol for unpacking things, etc)

BTW, you can still get WIN10 for free if you have a valid WIN7 license. I've done that for all my PCs here, including a samsung laptop which initially a few years ago was marked incompatible, but they have fixed the drivers up. It made it work much better.

EDD may work on win7 (excepting the Inara upload) but thats just luck.

We're going to need logfiles to see what's happening. Please open a Bug Report - be sure to read the template and provide all the requested information, especially the plain log file.
New information : new file names are somewhat weird. I'm looking for the log to submit it
1621378109205.png

New information : new file names are somewhat weird. I'm looking for the log to submit it
View attachment 226977
We've found the cause of the "('thing',)" format. A brainfart during code refatoring that just so happens to be valid Python code, but not at all doing what we intended. It'll be fixed for 5.0.2 (out when I've confirmed some other changes work in live Odyssey).

Note that I've already found a few niggles with EDMC 5.0.x and Odyssey. Bear with us in the next day or two whilst we figure out what's our fault, what's Frontier's fault, what we can fix quickly etc and get a 5.0.2 out as soon as possible.

Also note that some errors kicked up by EDMC with the updated game might be due to server issues. We'll be checking on them again when the turbulence has subsided, and in general looking to make the code more robust against "what do you mean that event doens't have the key the Journal documentation says it should always have?" situations.

Hi all. Since the last E.D update I am getting the following message "unable to get endpoint/profile". I guess is rtelated to the said update. Is anyone having the same issue? Thanks

Hi all. Since the last E.D update I am getting the following message "unable to get endpoint/profile". I guess is rtelated to the said update. Is anyone having the same issue? Thanks
That's covered in our Troubleshooting wiki page, which is linked from the 'Help' > 'Documentation' in the GUI.

Basically right now the 'CAPI' is unavailable due to the DNS record for its host having disappeared. We're trying to alert the right people at Frontier about this....

That's covered in our Troubleshooting wiki page, which is linked from the 'Help' > 'Documentation' in the GUI.

Basically right now the 'CAPI' is unavailable due to the DNS record for its host having disappeared. We're trying to alert the right people at Frontier about this....

Thanks!

Hello, i got a quick question.
Why am i not able to see the suit i have along with the cmdr/ship/system/station name.
What am i doing wrong?

Release 5.0.2

This release is primarily aimed at getting the UI "Suit: ..." line working properly.
  • The "Suit: ..." UI line should now function as best it can given the available data from the game. It should not appear if you have launched the Horizons version of the game, even if your account has Odyssey enabled. You might see "<Unknown>" as the text when this application does not yet have the required data.
  • Changed the less than obvious "unable to get endpoint: /profile" error message to "Frontier CAPI query failure: /profile", and similarly for the other CAPI endpoints we attempt to access. This new form is potentially translated, but translators need time to do that.
    In addition the old message "Received error {r.status_code} from server" has been changed to "Frontier CAPI server error: {r.status_code}" and is potentially translated.
  • The filenames used for 'Market data in CSV format file' will now be sane, and as they were before 5.0.0.
  • Linux: 'Shipyard provider' will no longer default to showing 'False' if no specific provider has been selected.

Plugin Developers​

• Extra Flagse values added in the live release of Odyssey have been added to edmc_data.py.
  • Odyssey 'BackPack' values should now track better, but might still not be perfect due to Journal bugs/shortcomings.
  • state passed to journal_entry() now has a BackpackJSON (note the case) member which is a copy of the data from the Backpack.json (yes, that's currently the correct case) file that is written when there's a BackPack (guess what, yes, that is currently the correct case) event written to the Journal.
  • state['Credits'] tracking is almost certainly not perfect. We're accounting for the credits component of SuitUpgrade now, but there might be other such we've yet accounted for.
  • state['Suits'] and associated other keys should now be tracking from Journal events, where possible, as well as CAPI data.
  • There is a section in PLUGINS.md about how to package an extra Python module with your plugin. Note the new caveat in PLUGINS.md:Avoiding-pitfalls about the name of your plugin's directory.

In 5.0.2 the first part of the Suit: line is often displaying as $UtilitySuit_Class1_Name.

EDMC.png

This happens on app startup, even though I get an "Authentication successful" message on the bottom of the window, and also sometimes when I exit the game (or it crashes). Clicking on [Update] resolves the Suit type to the correct type; the (suit name) to the right of the semicolon always displays correctly.

In 5.0.2 the first part of the Suit: line is often displaying as $UtilitySuit_Class1_Name.

View attachment 228737

This happens on app startup, even though I get an "Authentication successful" message on the bottom of the window, and also sometimes when I exit the game (or it crashes). Clicking on [Update] resolves the Suit type to the correct type; the (suit name) to the right of the semicolon always displays correctly.
Could you open a bug report on Github, and as well as the log files it asks for also attach (just drag it into the editor window) the latest Journal file from:
shell:SavedGames\Frontier Developments\Elite Dangerous\. It's been working fine for me, but maybe you have a different/upraded suit, or it's a localisation thing, or ... Thanks!

Could you open a bug report on Github, and as well as the log files it asks for also attach (just drag it into the editor window) the latest Journal file from:
shell:SavedGames\Frontier Developments\Elite Dangerous\. It's been working fine for me, but maybe you have a different/upraded suit, or it's a localisation thing, or ... Thanks!
Will do in the morning. It's a G3 double-engineered Maverick suit I picked up, so quite possibly that is the issue.

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom