Release Elite Dangerous Market Connector (EDMC)

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
This is why I do not delete any installer files :) Trying to find an .msi installation for 4.2.7 on github yielded no results, so I just went with the 4.0.4 I still had in my folder. I fully understand the reasons to ditch Windows 7 and move to a new version of python. It just would've just been nice if you had supported a big nice shiny button that says "download 4.2.7 for Windows 7 Users HERE" on the first post :)

This is why I do not delete any installer files :) Trying to find an .msi installation for 4.2.7 on github yielded no results, so I just went with the 4.0.4 I still had in my folder. I fully understand the reasons to ditch Windows 7 and move to a new version of python. It just would've just been nice if you had supported a big nice shiny button that says "download 4.2.7 for Windows 7 Users HERE" on the first post :)
They're all listed on https://github.com/EDCD/EDMarketConnector/tags

Release 5.1.0

• Updates to how this application utilises the Inara.cz API.
    1. The current state of your ShipLockerMaterials (MicroResources for Odyssey Suit and handheld Weapons upgrading and engineering) will now be sent. Note that we can't reliably track this on the fly, so it will only update when we see a full ShipLockerMaterials Journal event, such as at login or when you disembark from any vehicle.
    2. Odyssey Suits and their Loadouts will now be sent.
    3. When you land on a body surface, be that in your own ship, in a Taxi, or in a Dropship. Depending on the exact scenario a Station might be sent along with this.
  • You can now both edit the 'normal' and 'beta' coriolis.io URLs, and choose which of them are used. 'Auto' means allowing the application to use the normal one when you're running the live game, or the beta version if running a beta version of the game.
  • Suit names will now be displayed correctly when we have pulled the data from the Frontier CAPI, rather than Journal entries.
  • Many translations updated once more, especially for new strings. Thanks as always to those contributing!

Bug Fixes​

Plugin Developers​

There are some new members of the state dictionary passed to journal_entry(); Taxi, Dropship, Body and BodyType. See PLUGINS.md for the details.

The new PC up and running with Windows 10 Pro 64 bit. I'm having an issue with setting up EDSM and Inara credentials in EDMC-they are both greyed out. how do I go about deleting all config files? I'm thinking I might have copied over something I shouldn't have.

Edit: I was able to set my credentials while the game was running. I thought I was able to set them without the game running before, but I'm probably mistaken. It's good-to-go now.

Last edited:
The new PC up and running with Windows 10 Pro 64 bit. I'm having an issue with setting up EDSM and Inara credentials in EDMC-they are both greyed out. how do I go about deleting all config files? I'm thinking I might have copied over something I shouldn't have.

Edit: I was able to set my credentials while the game was running. I thought I was able to set them without the game running before, but I'm probably mistaken. It's good-to-go now.
Yes, it needs your commander name which is only written into the journal after you start playing a open/private/solo game.

So EDMC was working (not sure of version, last played prior to Odyssey release), but today I updated EDMC, and it appears to do nothing. It verifies no updates needed, but doesn't update my ship/position/etc in EDMC. Also, the version shown is "5.1.0+87da6af". Do I need to uninstall/install EDMC?

*Edit: I uninstalled / installed and nothing changed. It still shows "5.1.0+87da6af" as the version. I had to launch Odyssey and enter my ship to get EDMC unstuck. It seems to be ok now.

Last edited:
NB: Elite Dangerous Market Connector 5.1.0 will not be updating your odyssey inventory on Inara. The Journal event name changed, so that code just isn't triggered any more. I've been working on a general EDMC update for these Journal changes, and we'll hopefully get 5.1.1 out later today (2021-06-10).

So EDMC was working (not sure of version, last played prior to Odyssey release), but today I updated EDMC, and it appears to do nothing. It verifies no updates needed, but doesn't update my ship/position/etc in EDMC. Also, the version shown is "5.1.0+87da6af". Do I need to uninstall/install EDMC?

*Edit: I uninstalled / installed and nothing changed. It still shows "5.1.0+87da6af" as the version. I had to launch Odyssey and enter my ship to get EDMC unstuck. It seems to be ok now.
As per https://github.com/EDCD/EDMarketConnector/wiki#caveat-on-starting-edmc-first this is expected behaviour if there's either no Journal files present, or the most recent one only logged in to the main menu, not into the game itself.

just a note: in meantime is possible use manual frontier api import on inara to have Odyssey inventory actualised and easier follow crafting plans 🙂

Release 5.1.1

The big change in this is adjustments to be in line with Journal changes in Elite Dangerous Odyssey 4.0.0.400, released 2021-06-10, with respect to the Odyssey materials Inventory.

This update is mandatory if you want EDMarketConnector to update Inara.cz with your Odyssey inventory.
  • ShipLockerMaterials is dead, long live ShipLocker. Along with other changes to how backpack inventory is handled we should now actually be able to fully track all Odyssey on-foot materials and consumables without errors.
  • Inara plugin adjusted to send the new ShipLocker inventory to Inara.cz. This is still only your ship inventory of Odyssey materials, not anything currently in your backpack whilst on foot.
    See this issue for some quotes from Artie (Inara.cz developer) about not including backpack contents in the Inara inventory.
  • Errors related to sending data to EDDN are now more specific to aid in diagnoising issues.
  • Quietened some log output if we encounter connection errors trying to utilise the Frontier CAPI service.

Translations​

We believe that nothing should be worse in this version compared to 5.1.1, although a small tweak or two might have leaked through.

We'll be fully addressing translations in a near-future release after we've conclude the necessary code level work for the new system. Nothing should change for those of you helping on OneSky, other than at most the 'comments' on each translation. They should be more useful!

Pending that work we've specifically chosen not to update any translations in this release, so they'll be the same as released in 5.1.0.

Bug Fixes​

• Handle where the Backpack.json file for a Backpack event is a zero length
    file. Closes #1138.
  • Fixed case of 'Selection' in 'Override Beta/Normal Selection' text on Settings > Configuration. This allows translations to work.

Plugin Developers​

• We've updated Contributing.md including:
    1. Re-ordered the sections to be in a more logcial and helpful order.
    2. Added a section about choosing an appropriate log level for messages.
    3. fstrings now mandatory, other than some use of .format() with respect to translated strings.
  • docs/Translations.md updated about a forthcoming change to how we can programmatically check that all translation strings have a proper comment in 'L10n/en.template' to aid translators.
  • state passed to journal_entry() now has ShipLockerJSON which contains the json.load()-ed data from the new 'ShipLocker.json' file. We do attempt to always load from this file, even when the ShipLocker Journal event itself contains all of the data (which it does on startup, embark and disembark), so it should always be populated when plugins see any event related to Odyssey inventory.

Anyone else ever had this issue? Second time it's happened this week. edmcoverlay.log eats up all of my free C: drive during a session ballooning up to 150+GB in size after a few hours. Too big to open to see what the contents are. Going to disable all the plugins to see if I can narrow it down.

2021-06-10 21_52_01-EDMC Overlay Window.png

Anyone else ever had this issue? Second time it's happened this week. edmcoverlay.log eats up all of my free C: drive during a session ballooning up to 150+GB in size after a few hours. Too big to open to see what the contents are. Going to disable all the plugins to see if I can narrow it down.
Do you have the latest version? There was a bug which was fixed (as far as I remember).

You were right. McAfee quarentined and re-quarentined EDMC.exe. I restored it and the problem was solved. However there is no option (or at least I couldn't find it) to submit the file for further analysis, I am afraid.

Thanks for your help!
Hi Athan. For some reason McAfee is quarentining EDMC.exe again.

I restore it (as i did before) but this time as soon as I run elite dangerous trade computer extension mk.ii EDMC.exe is quarentined and so on in an endless loop. The issue has re-appeared after TCE's last update. Is it something other users are experiencing? Any tips? Thanks a lot.

All best

Hi Athan. For some reason McAfee is quarentining EDMC.exe again.

I restore it (as i did before) but this time as soon as I run elite dangerous trade computer extension mk.ii EDMC.exe is quarentined and so on in an endless loop. The issue has re-appeared after TCE's last update. Is it something other users are experiencing? Any tips? Thanks a lot.

All best
Please check this post from the TCE thread: https://forums.frontier.co.uk/threads/trade-computer-extension-mk-ii.223056/post-9342085

Release 5.1.1

The big change in this is adjustments to be in line with Journal changes in Elite Dangerous Odyssey 4.0.0.400, released 2021-06-10, with respect to the Odyssey materials Inventory.

This update is mandatory if you want EDMarketConnector to update Inara.cz with your Odyssey inventory.
  • ShipLockerMaterials is dead, long live ShipLocker. Along with other changes to how backpack inventory is handled we should now actually be able to fully track all Odyssey on-foot materials and consumables without errors.
  • Inara plugin adjusted to send the new ShipLocker inventory to Inara.cz. This is still only your ship inventory of Odyssey materials, not anything currently in your backpack whilst on foot.
    See this issue for some quotes from Artie (Inara.cz developer) about not including backpack contents in the Inara inventory.
  • Errors related to sending data to EDDN are now more specific to aid in diagnoising issues.
  • Quietened some log output if we encounter connection errors trying to utilise the Frontier CAPI service.

Translations​

We believe that nothing should be worse in this version compared to 5.1.1, although a small tweak or two might have leaked through.

We'll be fully addressing translations in a near-future release after we've conclude the necessary code level work for the new system. Nothing should change for those of you helping on OneSky, other than at most the 'comments' on each translation. They should be more useful!

Pending that work we've specifically chosen not to update any translations in this release, so they'll be the same as released in 5.1.0.

Bug Fixes​

• Handle where the Backpack.json file for a Backpack event is a zero length
    file. Closes #1138.
  • Fixed case of 'Selection' in 'Override Beta/Normal Selection' text on Settings > Configuration. This allows translations to work.

Plugin Developers​

• We've updated Contributing.mdincluding:
    1. Re-ordered the sections to be in a more logcial and helpful order.
    2. Added a section about choosing an appropriate log level for messages.
    3. fstrings now mandatory, other than some use of .format() with respect to translated strings.
  • docs/Translations.md updated about a forthcoming change to how we can programmatically check that all translation strings have a proper comment in 'L10n/en.template' to aid translators.
  • state passed to journal_entry() now has ShipLockerJSON which contains the json.load()-ed data from the new 'ShipLocker.json' file. We do attempt to always load from this file, even when the ShipLocker Journal event itself contains all of the data (which it does on startup, embark and disembark), so it should always be populated when plugins see any event related to Odyssey inventory.
Will do thanks!

My AV is McAfee, by the way

There is likely to be at least one minorly breaking change in today's game update (Update 6).

This relates to how we ensure Odyssey suit names are shown sanely in the EDMarketConnector.exe UI. We have a fix for this ready to go, but need to review other pending changes, put together a changelog etc before releasing an update to address this.

So, if you'll quite likely see strange suit names (correct, but possibly the symbolic version), especially if using a game language other than English, until the next EDMC release.

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom