Elite: Dangerous Mega Survey Results

One quick comment - I don't use Reddit at all (just don't like it really). Can't recall how I found out about the survey (to which I did contribute), maybe facebook? but I did link to it (and promote it) from my sticky forum thread so I think it's actually unfair to say that it's a survey of "Elite players who are also active on Reddit".

Never heard about this survey... If I had, I would have filled it in, of course. But then again, I only visit this forum and some ED Youtubers / Twitch streamers, and not reddit, so that might be why I never heard about it.

One quick comment - I don't use Reddit at all (just don't like it really). Can't recall how I found out about the survey (to which I did contribute), maybe facebook? but I did link to it (and promote it) from my sticky forum thread so I think it's actually unfair to say that it's a survey of "Elite players who are also active on Reddit".

I'm afraid your contribution isn't enough to make the data reflect anything other than what Reddit users opined. There is just no data to support any cross-pollination. We shouldn't try to draw any conclusions from what was gathered, except that the OP was willing to put in a lot of effort for his project. Just as we should dismiss any poll results from this forum, or those Poll sites.

Last edited:
And another comment - I didn't know "emergent gameplay deliverer" was another way of saying "griefer". I chose that option meaning stuff like Fuel Rats, Buckyball Racing, galactic photography and video making, writing up random crazy adventures on the forum, that kind of thing (i.e. all the stuff that isn't the core progression gameplay of rep/credits/rank delivered by the game itself).

CQC is absolutely dead. Remove it from the game or at the very least remove it from the stupid side panel because it's a blemish on my Elite list. Elite Elite Elite Mostly Helpless. Don't get me wrong, I would love to get quad-Elite. But CQC is too dead for me to do so.

English fail. Majority means greater number. Open had the greater number then any of the others in the poll, therefore had a majority.

You have to add Solo and PG in order to see how many are not playing in Open, and that results in 51% (Solo or PG) and 49% playing in Open.

Last edited:
Not really...

51% are playing either in Solo or Private group
49% are playing in Open

:)

Yeah dude, I originally glanced at the figures. Still surprised that so many are in open, I guess this forum is more bias to solo play. Never used reddit, no idea what it's like over there.

Not really...

51% are playing either in Solo or Private group
49% are playing in Open

:)

What do you suppose the margin of error is for this survey? It's a split if you see Solo and PG as equivalents. It's all just mumbo-jumbo anyway.

"Majority" means "more than half".

No, not necessarily.

https://en.oxforddictionaries.com/definition/majority

The greater number.
‘in the majority of cases all will go smoothly’

as modifier ‘it was a majority decision’
More example sentencesSynonyms
1.1British The number by which the votes cast for one party or candidate exceed those for the next.
‘Labour retained the seat with a majority of 9,830’

More example sentences
1.2 A party or group receiving the greater number of votes.

Example sentences
1.3US The number by which votes for one candidate are more than those for all other candidates together.

Last edited:
Top Bottom