Elite Dangerous New Aera Gamplay leak [fake?]

well, if cointerfeit exceeds that which it is counterfeiting, is it by definition a counterfeit? I'm not saying that walking around is the holy grail of space combat / trade games. It's not. I'm really not impressed with unreal engine 4 based space games. Still, I'd prefer community content over no-content.

I think a true counterfeit would be a trailer where you watch a swirling screen, jump to landing on a planet or space station (doesn't matter which one) then it cuts to a swirling wormhole screen and then back to landing on the same planet / station the last scene showed...then cut to a swirling wormhole....then land on the same planet / station as the last screen.. ...then cut to a wormhole .....then land on the same planet / station as the last screen then cut to a wormhole swirl screen...then land on the same planet / station as the last screen.

at the 20 minute mark, they switch it up by dropping into a combat zone, and kill one ship at a time over and over and over and over...

at the 45 minute mark you go land on the same station/planet you previously landed on and then it cuts to a wormhole scene ....

You'd have a better chance of spotting a fake rolex.

well, if cointerfeit exceeds that which it is counterfeiting, is it by definition a counterfeit?

Yes.

But that's beside the point, the thread title said game play, all I saw was a few corridors. One of the things I have always said about legs is, just legs is not good enough. If all it involves is walking down some corridors then is it really worth doing? I was expecting some actual game play. Sampling alien biology, taking soil samples from a planetary surface etc, corridors are just corridors.

This doesn't explain why FDEV can't do it anyway... There's a guy that made 3 new SRV's concept in his free time while FDEV could only develop 1 in 5 years of development.
Hundred of devs are creating the new era by doing power points, kickoffs, user stories, concepts, reviews, lessons learned or team buildings. :) There's no time to creating content but it will be amazing on paper.

This doesn't explain why FDEV can't do it anyway... There's a guy that made 3 new SRV's concept in his free time while FDEV could only develop 1 in 5 years of development.
Maybe because they were working on others while at work and didn't particularly want to work on ED in their spare time.

Hundred of devs are creating the new era by doing power points, kickoffs, user stories, concepts, reviews, lessons learned or team buildings. :) There's no time to creating content but it will be amazing on paper.

Noooo, not team buldings!

I hate things like team building events and company retreats so much that over the years I started to schedule part of my vacation time to coincide with the company's annual retreat...

If someone can't manage to cooperate with, be kind, and respect the people who help you to put food on the table every month, then it's not some bogus retreat, some silly games or listening to each other's farts at night that is going to make any difference.

Concepts are easy.

Execution is more complex.

This whole line of conversation reminds me of the big mess when Diablo III was originally announced and a bunch of internet spuds declared that they made it better by desaturating everything and making it darker. These backseat designers circulated a lot of screenshots they had changed to "improve", until Blizzard sent out some videos in that style which showed how terrible it looked outside of a still, motionless screenshot.

Concepts are easy.

Execution is more complex.

This whole line of conversation reminds me of the big mess when Diablo III was originally announced and a bunch of internet spuds declared that they made it better by desaturating everything and making it darker. These backseat designers circulated a lot of screenshots they had changed to "improve", until Blizzard sent out some videos in that style which showed how terrible it looked outside of a still, motionless screenshot.

TBH I don't think making new SRV's would be too difficult for ED. In the Beyond season they released 3 new ships (6 including the variants) and 3 new SLF's.
The reason they're not doing it is different priorities (as I previously said ARX and New Players Experience (n) ).

True... they worked on the new player experience and ARX 🤯
I would also hazard a guess that concepts are not that time consuming. They probably already have a load. It's creating them and putting them in a game is a whole different animal.

Just look at how much work goes into creating a ship. The SRV is just as complex, possibly more so.

I would also hazard a guess that concepts are not that time consuming. They probably already have a load. It's creating them and putting them in a game is a whole different animal.

Just look at how much work goes into creating a ship. The SRV is just as complex, possibly more so.
In Beyond they created 3 new ships (6 including variants) and 3 SLF's, so I don't think these are "that" complex in the end. Making meaningful gameplay for the new models would be the big challenge in the end.

In Beyond they created 3 new ships (6 including variants) and 3 SLF's, so I don't think these are "that" complex in the end. Making meaningful gameplay for the new models would be the big challenge in the end.

It depends on concept, sculpting, lighting, textures and effects, interior, rigging, not to mention how it fits inside ships (and if it needs a bigger hatch), gameplay aspects (balancing) and impact on physics (one concept had a trailer). Unless its a variant of the current SRV then it might involve a lot more work.

Saying that I do want a fold up tank that can hit a pebble and not explode.

Yes... 5 years ago when they released the game... 🤣
The tutorials that were included in the game's release were a useful first implementation. The multiple changes added in the April and September updates substantially iterated on the aforementioned first iteration, and provided both great and necessary improvements to the game's New Player Experience.

A stance of "it wasn't done X years ago, so it shouldn't be done now" is fundamentally against FDev making improvements to the game, adding in new features, fixing bugs, etc. and I most certainly disagree with such a negative stance.

Indeed, a second (or third) SRV wasn't added during the past few years but that shouldn't prevent one being added in future.

A stance of "it wasn't done X years ago, so it shouldn't be done now" is fundamentally against FDev making improvements to the game, adding in new features, fixing bugs, etc. and I most certainly disagree with such a negative stance.
This is not what I said, it's not the first time you try to change my arguments ;)

I remember when I started the game I played the tutorials and I remember those were well done already. An In-game manual is what was really needed and this should've been in the game since the beginning, so I'm not against this new item, even if they only added this recently.
So I actually point my finger to the lack of tutorials and manuals for so many years when a lot of new features have been added but not explained.
All the rest of the April and September updates to me were just a waste of time (my opinion) because ED is a complex game and I can still see a lot of new players having a lot of issues with the basic mechanics (even with all new manuals and tutorials).
This is not game tutorials neither players fault. Not everyone likes simulation games or don't like to put too much effort to learn a game and ED is simply not a game for these people. As simple as that, and developing new players tutorials and entry scenarios will not change this.
Moreover the new game experience is something that you only play for a bunch of hours, while there are other parts of the game that still need massive attention because they are at the core of everyone's experience.

That said I'm happy that September update is over and that the next one will be hopefully more dedicated to "veterans".

Top Bottom