Elite Dangerous New Aera Gamplay leak [fake?]

I don´t know if its fake but i hope not

I hope it is fake, it looks exactly like the derivative wannabe sci-fi rubbish some amateur level designers might put together, the sort who have never actually studied anything remotely related to architecture. Gotta love those cables just lying on the floor, and the great big-arena esque "control room" with a single table in the middle. WE NEED MOAR SCIFI! Yuck. No thank-you.

Yeah looks pretty fake to me. Has a strong vibe of those Unity builds with imported assets.

Not sure an early build would have some generic sci-fi drone audio over it either ;). Someone's had some fun making it at any rate though :)

Would be good if anyone with experience could play 'spot the generic asset' just to draw a line through it.

e: OP how did you stumble on it? It was uploaded in April.

Yeah looks pretty fake to me. Has a strong vibe of those Unity builds with imported assets.

Not sure an early build would have some generic sci-fi drone audio over it either ;). Someone's had some fun making it at any rate though :)

Would be good if anyone with experience could play 'spot the generic asset' just to draw a line through it.

e: OP how did you stumble on it? It was uploaded in April.
The video upload is dated three days after the original "roadmap leak" on 20th April:
https://www.reddit.com/r/EliteDangerous/comments/bgu3pe Source: https://www.reddit.com/r/EliteDangerous/comments/bgu3pe/psa_the_first_game_on_the_leaked_frontier_roadmap/

https://www.removeddit.com/r/pcgaming/comments/bewyer/frontier_developments_roadmap/

Fake. Discrepancies detected:

- The signs say the "Bridge" is that-a-way behind you, so the viewer has just come out of the "Bridge". A "bridge" is on a starship, not a surface base. What starship in ED has a wraparound window in an external corridor?

-The viewing panel has a "Control" desk. What, exactly, is it controlling?

-The laptop computer that's just sitting there looks suspiciously 21st century tech to me. Computers in ED use "modular terminals" - those holographic screen-things you see all over the place (including the side panels in your ship), not an LED screen.

-The Krait outside is just parked on the ice. If this were supposed to be a surface port of some kind, the Krait would be parked on a landing pad.

- The triangular mining rig seen outside the window appears to be the surface mining rig from ED (minus the laser-beam-drill thingy), but it's huge, way bigger than it ought to be. Someone copy-pasted the asset but didn't get the scaling right.

- Fake mountains are fake.

Lol...
Zero new gameplay... Check.
Boring as watching grass grow... Check.
Viewpoint with zero development effort for new overlays for HUD... Check.
Adds absolutely nothing to game but takes lots of time from the two remaining devs to develop... Check.

Seems legit.

I hope it is fake, it looks exactly like the derivative wannabe sci-fi rubbish some amateur level designers might put together, the sort who have never actually studied anything remotely related to architecture. Gotta love those cables just lying on the floor, and the great big-arena esque "control room" with a single table in the middle. WE NEED MOAR SCIFI! Yuck. No thank-you.
Yeah, if they were going for realism they should have had a mountain of beer cans on the command deck.

You mean like a base your average incompetent player would've constructed?

Looks like someone was playing NMS in VR and edited in a Krait... The stuttering mess is about right :)

ETA: Mind you, distant details are a little too good for the current NMS...

Top Bottom