Elite Dangerous New Aera Gamplay leak [fake?]

It isn’t though. If your experience of running ED is like that then you are probably running it on a really crap computer.

obviously you do not know how to enjoy a joke. I wish I could give you virtue points for being a white knight...

I'm a developer in real life so I can assure you my pc specs are awesome. Your reading comprehension however, is not.

You know it is fake because someone at fdev would have had to leak it and that would be evidence that they do actually play the game and beta test prior to release, if at all. So obviously fake,

Elite Dangerous: the game where the community-created content is regularly better, in terms of both quantity and quality, than the developers-made one.

Ehhhhhhh

The community does great things, for sure, but this... While it looks decent enough, it's only because it's mostly a pre-made package that's had a couple of assets imported.

If anything it's had far less effort put in than most other community creations, and less than what FDEV will need to put in to actually make something playable.

Ehhhhhhh

The community does great things, for sure, but this... While it looks decent enough, it's only because it's mostly a pre-made package that's had a couple of assets imported.

If anything it's had far less effort put in than most other community creations, and less than what FDEV will need to put in to actually make something playable.
Agreed ! If FD put this out as a trailer tease, even as a concept art, there would be howls of derision.

This doesn't explain why FDEV can't do it anyway... There's a guy that made 3 new SRV's concept in his free time while FDEV could only develop 1 in 5 years of development.

This doesn't explain why FDEV can't do it anyway... There's a guy that made 3 new SRV's concept in his free time while FDEV could only develop 1 in 5 years of development.
Sure I'm not excusing FD of any of that. The lone designer in the community can produce incredible concept art and proof-of-concept renders.

I have no idea how easy that kind of stuff is to actually put into the game's pipeline though. The Discovery Scanner about the Krait design process was interesting and gives a little insight - remember the process for that one ship took a very long time from the initial kit-bash renders we saw at FX17 to actually getting in the game. But I'm not knowledgeable enough about this stuff to hold it against FD. They take a long time and my priorities are not FD's, and I'm okay with that.

It's just that this is not one of those amazing community creations. I was initially very impressed with the video until I saw it was just a package. Then I realised it was little more than hastily thrown together clickbait. Certainly not worthy of the accolades that something like the Sidewinder internals concept video rightfully gets.

FDEV can do it, why would anybody suggest they can't? You claim FDEV "could only develop 1 in 5 years", clearly that is utter nonsense. They could create many concepts, and put them in the game, if they decided to allocate resources to that.

obviously you do not know how to enjoy a joke. I wish I could give you virtue points for being a white knight...

I'm a developer in real life so I can assure you my pc specs are awesome. Your reading comprehension however, is not.

A wink or a smile would have made that clear. As it was written and without me having any psychic abilities it appeared you weren’t joking. That’s your writing skills not my reading comprehension.

I’m certainly no white knight.

A wink or a smile would have made that clear. As it was written and without me having any psychic abilities it appeared you weren’t joking. That’s your writing skills not my reading comprehension.

I’m certainly no white knight.

No winks or smiles are necessary, the english language is replete enough as it is without adding emoji's to it. Context is important. Next time you go and see the doctor ask him if he can restore your sense of humour.

No winks or smiles are necessary, the english language is replete enough as it is without adding emoji's to it. Context is important. Next time you go and see the doctor ask him if he can restore your sense of humour.

I don’t think there is one. You should try asking yours if there is a cure or arrogance.

That's silly. Human communication uses more than one sense and emojis are a simple replacement for visual cues. You would have to type all of those out, which nobody does, or you lose some information.

Top Bottom