Elite Dangerous 'New Launcher' live today!

sallymorganmoore

Senior Community Manager : Elite Dangerous
Greetings Commanders.

As part of a game news round-up at the end of last week, there was a note in there to confirm that a new game launcher will be deployed today for Elite Dangerous.

New Elite Dangerous Launcher launches at 11am BST 24/07/2023
  • At 11am BST today, we will release a new launcher for Elite Dangerous on PC. This will provide Commanders with easy access to all versions of Elite that they own.
  • We do not anticipate any major downtime.
The new launcher will be available for all supported PC game platforms.
  • Steam, Epic and Oculus store fronts will all display a prompted, small update once deployment is complete.
  • Frontier standalone launcher will prompt a 'new version automatic download and install process'.
    • The Frontier standalone launcher may be a little later to provide this process than the Steam, Epic and Oculus store fronts.

Once the launcher is deployed I will notify you here in this thread and open it up for discussion!

PLEASE NOTE:
  • If any critical issue technical support is required on first experience of the new launcher deployment, please submit a customer support ticket at the following link.

Have a great day, Commanders, however see you shortly for the New Launcher adventure.

Thanks for keeping us informed :)

Looking forward to finding out what's changed. I use switches on my shortcuts, if there are any new ones a changelog would be handy.

Come on, we work slaves need screenshots!
1690193714657.png

Thanks for keeping us informed :)

Looking forward to finding out what's changed. I use switches on my shortcuts, if there are any new ones a changelog would be handy.
I'm yet to see the naw launcher (I should get a chance at lunchtime). As an active fuel rat I have many copies of the game across all PC Platforms and run them in all game modes. For me speed of switching accounts/relaunching in different modes is paramount.
Any information about switches is likely to help tremendously.

sallymorganmoore

I'm yet to see the naw launcher (I should get a chance at lunchtime). As an active fuel rat I have many copies of the game across all PC Platforms and run them in all game modes. For me speed of switching accounts/relaunching in different modes is paramount.
Any information about switches is likely to help tremendously.
All I can suggest, for the sake of time and making sure you get the right information having tried the new launcher yourself, is come back after using it how you are used to and report any issues o7

sallymorganmoore

I have already downloaded the new version from my downloadable products (version 1.7.6920.0, the old one is 0.4.6779.0). The new one caused the error message.
Probably best, if you can't get it to work and continue to get the error, to email support direct in the link provided above for sure.

Top Bottom