ANNOUNCEMENT Elite Dangerous: Odyssey Announcement

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
Again. VR hasn't been removed from the game. All we know for sure is that Its simply not being added to a new aspect of Elite. The language being used in the thread is simply wrong.

In terms of the LTP, everyone who purchased the LTP did so "on a punt" - we had no detailed understanding of what it would (or would not) include, nor was one given. So this isn't a valid argument - there is no contract here which guaranteed the type of content to be delivered, only that there would be some.
You are more than capable of playing without VR you simply refuse to. That is your decision to make and in no way fdevs responsibility
It is sold on the Oculus store as a VR game. Anyway, why would you even bother chiming in if you have no interest in VR?

I do love these condescending ignorant comments, maybe @Katie Byrne can chime in how she and her husband are "single, living in a basement and dislike the radiation from sunlight" lol :D Seen plenty of that type of comments on HL:Alyx boards during the release. It only demonstrates the complete ignorance on the subject 😂

well, i mean it's not really a basement, more just a kind of hole in the ground :p

Because there has been no indication of any such thing. Besides if you are that desperate for whatever kit, just suffer the ignominy of playing the game non-VR
So what you are saying is that you are speculating wildly and in a direction opposite to the way current DLC content interfaces with the base game.

So what you are saying is that you are speculating wildly and in a direction opposite to the way current DLC content interfaces with the base game.
No I am saying a release framed around introducing a FPP to the game will be focussed around FPP, rather than speculating wildly it will introduce things that might or might not put PvP players at a disadvantage or will never contain VR support

What's the news on inside ship walking and maybe also in (limited places) inside a station?
I want both.

For people asking why: IMMERSION.

For people saying too much fuss for something you may get bored soon. How do you know who is bored with what? Also not sure where is the "too much fuss".
It's actually the simplest part of "space legs". It's a limited small room 3D design, way far from the complexity of open world.
It also would force them actually realistically designing ship interior, sizes, size differences according to what is actually inside etc. which would make the game more realistic to people that don't care about the actual walking too.

I actually care about that more than just another FPS, which I suspect will be limited anyway as FPS is a game industry by itself (and you cannot call FDev experts in that field).

I haven't actually seen it mentioned in the reveal but space legs/elite feet/Odyssey really needs to include walking around your ship. I wouldn't expect the whole thing due to a lot of the interior being filled by modules but I really hope we get more than just our cockpits/bridges.
67zfptu1ial31.jpg

But thats it though- you have had ample warning since its what, eight months to go, and day two since reveal? Its about as open as you can be with information right now.
We only know now because of what appears to be an accidental uploading of a trailer on FD's YouTube channel that got revealed. How are we to know that they wouldn't have kept it secret until the last minute? Remember Offline Mode getting cancelled just before launch?

Just to add to this, VR will still be compatible with the base game and Horizons!

That's a huge relief :)
Can you make a point of clarifying if VR will be usable to fly ships and drive SRVs on atmospheric planets? The current impression I have is that it will not be possible to visit atmospheric planets in VR.

No I am saying a release framed around introducing a FPP to the game will be focussed around FPP, rather than speculating wildly it will introduce things that might or might not put PvP players at a disadvantage or will never contain VR support
No, you said explicitly:
That's just silly. If you aren't competing PvP space legs there's no issue
You clearly cannot back that up or you would have.

We only know now because of what appears to be an accidental uploading of a trailer on FD's YouTube channel that got revealed. How are we to know that they wouldn't have kept it secret until the last minute? Remember Offline Mode getting cancelled just before launch?

But how do you know when the planned announcement was? It could have been penned for a day later, or a week.

People asked questions and got answers, very quickly. Thats more than a lot of features get in the game.

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom