ANNOUNCEMENT Elite Dangerous: Odyssey Announcement

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
Yes, I think they are not being straight on this. ‘Playing too much’ is one (possibly legit) reason for refusing the refund; the VR statement implies it will be available when (not if) they have it working well.
Exactly. They also don’t say what ‘too much’ is (I’m pretty sure I didn’t exceed 10-15 hours)

I
The bottom part is pretty much what we've said. We're not saying it's never coming, just that it's not being worked on at the moment and there are no immediate plans to.
I was expecting a proper thread for VR feedback, maybe including bugs/issues we have, as mentioned last week. It might have been helpful to do that, and address the concerns of VR players in more detail. I suppose if you’re not doing anything more than VR bug fixes it was decided there was no point in doing a dedicated thread? I’m very disappointed; at least make the 2d screen fill the field of view.
And I’d be interested in having someone comment on why we have VR in 3rd person view, but can’t have a simple implementation for 1st person.
Perhaps it’s a matter of resources and where they need to be deployed, or perhaps a technical issue, but a dedicated VR thread with a knowledgeable dev to respond could help answer such questions.

The bottom part is pretty much what we've said. We're not saying it's never coming, just that it's not being worked on at the moment and there are no immediate plans to.

Thank you so much Zach, that's what we needed to hear mate. Much appreciated!!!
this shows how to talk to fanboys

drop something
say it's not definitive.
but drop something for good anyway

they'll be thrilled

It's fantastic that VR on foot is not a priority. VR is a tiny part of the audience. There are many other items that need to come first.

This is a great decision that shows Frontier has their priorities correct.

The whining is a perfect example of the "one percenters" thinking they're the center of the universe.
I wouldn't see it as being too whiny! Agree VR is a small percentage at this point, but it is a rapidly growing sphere of gaming since the uber-affordable oculus. I play almost exclusively in VR, and if you haven't tried it and you have the opportunity to do so, I recommend. There are probably no VR players who say they would go back to pancake - the game is breathtaking in VR.
Personally I don't mind the 'big screen' for the on foot bit, although true VR would obviously be preferable - most of us would just like the FPS sorting out so we can play Odyssey at all in VR. For me, I'll stick with Horizons until Odyssey sorts out the graphics engine (and I'm on an overclocked I7 and a 2070, so no slouch but totally unplayable in current iteration)
As per several well voiced posts above, what the community would like is definitive answers about the medium to long term plans with ED to allay the fears that it has lost its way

I'm not a fanboy if that was meant in a derogatory way (check my ohter posts!) but I believe in being thankful and civil and encouraging the CMs to want to talk to us. It's basic manners.
CMs job is to talk to us. That's what they are for.
if they need to be encouraged with good manners for every lie they write, then something is wrong here.

CMs job is to talk to us. That's what they are for.
if they need to be encouraged with good manners for every lie they write, then something is wrong here.
At end of the day, they are also humans, it's one thing to politely yet robustly debate something, it's another thing entirely to get nasty about it. Yes, this is the internet, where keyboard warrirors reign supreme, literaly in the case of fortnite type games, but the CM's are real people, with real feelings, and at worst they are not our enemy, only the arbitor/messenger. So yeah, courtesy should be a given.

Yes manners are the good, but because of this attitude that you're happy with everything, we have what we have.

They spit in your face and you write that you're happy , and gears keeps moving smoothly
Again, read all my other posts.. You'll see how i feel about the game. Yes i was happy for the clarification, not the message.

How is this clarifying anything?
It's not any more clear than yesterday.
Because the person just above Zach's quote was asking a binary question of whether it meant that VR was dropped forever or whether it just wasn't being worked on right now. Zach's post gave the clear answer to that prior discussion which you can read if you scroll back a bit.

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom