ANNOUNCEMENT Elite Dangerous: Odyssey Announcement

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
I'm a bit late to the discussion really so I'm probably looking at things from a slightly uninformed perspective. I just can't bring myself to read too many pages of posts :)

I suppose what I'm saying is that I think it's important that a distinction is as obvious as possible so FD can weigh it up. I'm confident that "VR vision" is much easier to implement than "full VR", or whatever you'd prefer to call it, and is much more likely to be considered. At the end of the day FD have to make a business decision.

Hmm, I don't think it's quite the same. Similar yes but not to the same extent. For starters, personally, I like standing up if my character is standing up. Secondly it can be hard to find controllers without taking the headset off, even the motion controllers. There's definitely the potential for an awkward transition. Any awkwardness is going to put off a portion of the potential consumer base. I appreciate that you and many others are sufficiently determined to overcome such problems but the more potential difficulties the less likely it'll make a good business decision to include VR - at least for the FPS side of things.
I tend to operate with throttle left, joystick right and controllers in between, helps with DCS when I started it as I needed all to play the game and use the menus.

As has already been pointed out to him. And now he wants those who disagree to stop posting. All very odd.
Not at all, just post on your own topics instead of sniping others from a sedentary position, especially non VR players that have no clue what VR is like and what we stand to lose.

View attachment 179205
View attachment 179206

Oops...

Not quite a n00b, matey...
As I asked, did you learn to read yet...

As a single CMDR player, you certainly lack qualification to discuss with one who holds multiple accounts... 🤣
Dangerous, deadly, come on, fer-de-lance lol. Multiple accounts, you seem to have a major identity crisis, I have no idea who I'm speaking to. I am who I am and speak as such, no need for me to hide.

Not at all, just post on your own topics instead of sniping others from a sedentary position, especially non VR players that have no clue what VR is like and what we stand to lose.
LOL. How many times do I point out I am a VR player, only for you to ignore it? 3rd time I think.

Is there a reason you are lying about other members of the forum? Not just myself but now Wayland as well?

But you said you weren't, I quoted you, or was that the other you? Or were you saying one thing and meaning the opposite which means you hate me but agree with everything I say? You are very confusing.
You really do have an issue with comprehension... Perhaps reading through my post history would assist you in jogging your obviously failing memory :eek:

I don't understand what you are trying to say, sunshine, am I posting from multiple accounts, or something?

LOL. How many times do I point out I am a VR player, only for you to ignore it? 3rd time I think.

Is there a reason you are lying about other members of the forum? Not just myself but now Wayland as well?
Your best mate, I have no idea who he is. Where did I lie pray tell.

Hmm, I don't think it's quite the same. Similar yes but not to the same extent. For starters, personally, I like standing up if my character is standing up. Secondly it can be hard to find controllers without taking the headset off, even the motion controllers. There's definitely the potential for an awkward transition. Any awkwardness is going to put off a portion of the potential consumer base. I appreciate that you and many others are sufficiently determined to overcome such problems but the more potential difficulties the less likely it'll make a good business decision to include VR - at least for the FPS side of things.
Still not 100% sure what the difference is tbh.

Right now, if I choose, I can play ED (in VR) at my desk. Twin sticks either side. M&K behind the sticks for when I need to type. Pedals below my desk. I would argue this is probably how most VR users choose to play.
Or
I can sit in my prefered position: a makeshift sofa cockpit, with twin sticks sat on a wooden board on my lap, pedals at my feet, wireless M&K beside me, 5.1 surround speakers. (In VR it still feels like when I had my cheap dedicated cockpit - honest!)

Neither options require any effort to reach for M&K. Or controller.

What are your thoughts regarding non VR users in cockpits? I would have thought they would have the same problem?

Well, anyone who disagrees with anyone else is obviously wrong and uninformed, surely?
Particularly if it involves VR...
I mean, look at how I got told I was uninformed etc. and actually DO have VR 🤣
Really "Of course I don't have a Rift S that replaced my original Rift... Nor am I waiting for the opportunity to get an Valve Index... ". Yours words

Still not 100% sure what the difference is tbh.

Right now, if I choose, I can play ED (in VR) at my desk. Twin sticks either side. M&K behind the sticks for when I need to type. Pedals below my desk. I would argue this is probably how most VR users choose to play.
Or
I can sit in my prefered position: a makeshift sofa cockpit, with twin sticks sat on a wooden board on my lap, pedals at my feet, wireless M&K beside me, 5.1 surround speakers. (In VR it still feels like when I had my cheap dedicated cockpit - honest!)

Neither options require any effort to reach for M&K. Or controller.

What are your thoughts regarding non VR users in cockpits? I would have thought they would have the same problem?

Yeah, HOTAS on desk, M & KB behind. It's the fact that I can't see anything in the real world. I'm not good enough to type with the headset on so if I want to type...I end up taking it off. It's one reason I don't play VR all the time. I also knock the stick sometimes by accident when reaching for the mouse, with a bit of awkward craning. And like I said, if we're talking FPS-esque gameplay in VR I want to be standing up - tough to do without taking off the headset. Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying there aren't workarounds and things you can do but ultimately having something on your head that means you can't see the real world is an additional bit of awkwardness compared to not having it on whenever any kind of transition in input method is needed.

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom