ANNOUNCEMENT Elite Dangerous: Odyssey Announcement

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
Now that is a name to conjure with...
I'd be tempted to have a female Bounty Hunter type from that name, it just 'feels' right... Maybe when Odyssey drops I'll get a fresh full version and start another 'new' character.
By then I should have completed my triple triple :)

ETA: Wow - I thought Wayland prison was depressing! Barlinnie is even more so :)
There has to be a Norman Stanley Fletcher in the game somewhere ... please fdev!

Now that is a name to conjure with...
I'd be tempted to have a female Bounty Hunter type from that name, it just 'feels' right... Maybe when Odyssey drops I'll get a fresh full version and start another 'new' character.
By then I should have completed my triple triple :)

ETA: Wow - I thought Wayland prison was depressing! Barlinnie is even more so :)
Talking of triple elites...One upon a time an Anaconda lurked in a haz res, dark, sinister, all powerful. Then along game 3 ships, they made their first mistake and scanned the beast know as scholsey, could they know it was a triple elite, admiral, king, fully engineered grade 5 closed circle? Probably not. The conda scanned back, hmmm "spikey", "two prisons" and "dodgy make up", peculiar names he thought, and a wing of three! Of course they were all visible at the same time in the wonderful VR optics. What are their ranks, as he locked on to "two prisons", expert... no dangerous... no deadly WT... Anyway he ignored this glitch and noticed their status, hmmm not wanted, "no surprise" the mighty scholesey chuckled. Then one couldn't resist and let off a rather feeble pulse laser. "Seriously" scholsey thought, then another rather weak attempt came from one of the others, scholesey looked at his grade 5 closed circle shield. No damage came as no surprise. Regardless scholes set to fire at will and retaliated with a force to inspire awe. 10 seconds later scholesey muttered "no triple elite for you today mwah ha ha" and sent out some limpets to scavenge what remained, low grade materials, obviously.

The moral of this story is, if scholesey was on a flat screen it would have taken 15 seconds! Outrageous! An extra 5 seconds as the dropping of VR clock ticked away. VR For ED:O hoorah.

Congratulations to VR users, you did so much better than macOS users when it came to keeping it going:

VR is just as TOAST as a Mac OS client. Even if we reach 3000 pages. ;)

Congratulations to VR users, you did so much better than macOS users when it came to keeping it going:

WE ARE LEGION...
of stubborn nerds who refuse to let go. We might as well go down with a bang!

Talking of triple elites...One upon a time an Anaconda lurked in a haz res, dark, sinister, all powerful. Then along game 3 ships, they made their first mistake and scanned the beast know as scholsey, could they know it was a triple elite, admiral, king, fully engineered grade 5 closed circle? Probably not. The conda scanned back, hmmm "spikey", "two prisons" and "dodgy make up", peculiar names he thought, and a wing of three! Of course they were all visible at the same time in the wonderful VR optics. What are their ranks, as he locked on to "two prisons", expert... no dangerous... no deadly WT... Anyway he ignored this glitch and noticed their status, hmmm not wanted, "no surprise" the mighty scholesey chuckled. Then one couldn't resist and let off a rather feeble pulse laser. "Seriously" scholsey thought, then another rather weak attempt came from one of the others, scholesey looked at his grade 5 closed circle shield. No damage came as no surprise. Regardless scholes set to fire at will and retaliated with a force to inspire awe. 10 seconds later scholesey muttered "no triple elite for you today mwah ha ha" and sent out some limpets to scavenge what remained, low grade materials, obviously.

The moral of this story is, if scholesey was on a flat screen it would have taken 15 seconds! Outrageous! An extra 5 seconds as the dropping of VR clock ticked away. VR For ED:O hoorah.
Are you seriously salty that you don't have VR? And you're now happy that VR will no longer be supported?

Given that Frontier have stated their ambiguous position, be prepared to be ignored on the question of VR support for Odyssey for many months, potentially years.
Yeah as @Maggie_Oz said it's cathartic. I don't really believe FDev will do something with this because as many pointed out, this decision was made ages ago and I know how software development works from the inside.

[/QUOTE]
And of course you have diverted this thread/conversation because you lost the argument on VR and decided to attack me. Another argument you will lose lol
Thats another perfectly good irony meter ruined.

Where are you all, we are nearly at 300 pages? Come on one final push.
Because 400 pages of the same arguments being repeated ad nauseum will change everything.

Last edited:
Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom