ANNOUNCEMENT Elite Dangerous: Odyssey Announcement

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
It's got a better chance than no pages.

But you are proving FDevs point for them, and you dont even realise it. A highly vocal and tiny VR minority are posting on the Odysey thread. If I was a CM, that would be suggesting to me that the impact to the player base as a whole of omitting VR from Odyssey is almost nothing.

So, good work on that one.

I think people just prefer honesty.
LOL, really? - Try telling them the honesty about PVP being part of game play, and honestly that any way you choose to log out in combat is cheating loss, or honestly being able to block players for simply playing the game is abuse of 'blocking for harassment' and playing a game as intended is NOT harassment, or honestly how bugged and broken the game is, or honestly how toxic the community is to PVP - The whole of ED is a joke and no honesty will be tollerated!

LOL, really? - Try telling them the honesty about PVP being part of game play, and honestly that any way you choose to log out in combat is cheating loss, or honestly being able to block players for simply playing the game is abuse of 'blocking for harassment' and playing a game as intended is NOT harassment, or honestly how bugged and broken the game is, or honestly how toxic the community is to PVP - The whole of ED is a joke and no honesty will be tollerated!
I find your post a complete joke as my post wasn't directed to FDev but the forum users like me and you.

But as to your views on PvP, I don't really care. The game is not geared around PvP. It's a PvE game where PvP can happen. You best get used to it as I suspect that isn't going to change anytime soon.

I have no idea why you think FDev are being dishonest, they spelt it out from the beginning what type of game this is.

I find your post a complete joke as my post wasn't directed to FDev but the forum users like me and you.

But as to your views on PvP, I don't really care. The game is not geared around PvP. It's a PvE game where PvP can happen. You best get used to it as I suspect that isn't going to change anytime soon.

I have no idea why you think FDev are being dishonest, they spelt it out from the beginning what type of game this is.
You've just proved my point!, well done!

The game is geared to however you want to 'blaze your trail' with 'infinate freedom' to do such - But you go on deluding yourself as I said honesty is not tollerated!

Last edited:
You've just proved my point!, well done!

The game is geared to however you want to 'blaze your trail' with 'infinate freedom' to do such - But you go on deluding yourself as I said honesty is not tollerated!
Deluding myself about what?

It's blaze your own trail within the rules, laws and lore of the game world.

Last edited:
Yeah. All that. Mostly PvP though...

I think it will not affect space PvP in any way. It will open up the way to FPS PvP planetside. The new Engineers that Odyssey bring in are for personal equipment only, if i read the announcement correctly. The spacelegs missions it brings might have some impact on BGS but that will be easily thwarted by other CMDR's that also have Odyssey I think. I doubt it will have any effect on Powerplay. But i don't ever meddle in that so I have no idea how that works.

Obsidian just dropped this video regarding a Mod for E: D.
currently not available for the public but that might change.
it is a visual mod that makes some airless worlds appear to have a tenious atmosphere.

and this mod also works perfectly in VR apparently.... So VR players can experience the visual aspects of a tenious atmospheric planets too without Odyssey.

Last edited:
Obsidian just dropped this video regarding a Mod for E: D.
currently not available for the public but that might change:

and this mod also works perfectly in VR apparently....
It's not real atmospheric planets. It's just the normal none atmospheric planets made to have a blue sky. Probably set in a nebula.

I'm wondering what will be done with the Fleet Carriers when Odyssey hits. Are we going to have markets for guns and armor? Hubs for meeting friends on the carriers?

I'm also wanting to know more of what will happen on the ground, and if we're getting new vehicles as well. Heck I'd be happy with a motor cycle with guns. How is exploring going to change as well on rune sights in game? These are the things I want to know about, and get ready for.

Odyssey might be exactly that too. :p

We don't know anything about it yet.
I doubt it as they are all set in a nebula for that mod. Also they wouldn't have the atmospheric haze on planet approach that we saw in the in-engine footage.

But I'm interested in seeing what comes with the new planetary tech and the atmospheres. Looking forward to finding out more.

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom