ANNOUNCEMENT Elite Dangerous: Odyssey Announcement

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
I want that beta now. This is frontier we're talking about. Let's get the outright questionable design out of the way now!

Must have EVA, ship interiors, working multi crew, hud with colors other than orange, seamless planet entry, auto-jump, another gear to chop down extended ly distances, finished ship kits, galnet up and running, krait>rightside up, customizable camera views, community affected BGS, base building, VR, better ship customizing with pieces that add and take away from profile size and storage, more nuanced crime and punishment, find away to put some procedural generation in the jump sequence its bland and out dated and samey as hell right now.
Plus why can't I view the jump sequence in camera view. I want to see myself go through and out...in camera view!?

This..... plus I'd add, a keybinding for the docking computer, the ability to abort a launch if you've forgotten limpets, why can't we keep cargo in our ships when in storage, a dropship that drops, SRV variants and the ability to engineer them, missions with story arcs involving more than Deliver/Recover/Scan/Disable copy and pastes

Yes the main thing is not to starve the dogs. 🦴

🦠🦠🦠🦠🦠🦠😷

It maybe due to agreements with magazines etc, but you don't create buzz by shutting off the tap. I get August is the time, but it should be August 6th minute one BANG IN YOUR EYES OMF(IPPING)Goids with something directly game related- or maybe set a game challenge that if achieved reveals the picture, peanut lady style. Or revive the newsletter and put info in that- something to discuss over the weekend. Sprinkle in dev diaries and maybe 'lets plays' much closer to release (like the devs did with Horizons).

What if...just what if ED is in maintenance mode and the same guy who did the mock ship interiors did this and frontier just haven't bothered to care😮

If I remember right, a fair number of styles were cut from Holo Me Betas (some hairstyles 'got the chop' if you excuse the horrific pun). Maybe somewhere on a USB stick 'The 'Ercule' is alive and waiting...
I believe it was part of the skunkworks for Elite IV, so it's probably on punch tape somewhere ;)

I want that beta now. This is frontier we're talking about. Let's get the outright questionable design out of the way now!

Must have EVA, ship interiors, working multi crew, hud with colors other than orange, seamless planet entry, auto-jump, another gear to chop down extended ly distances, finished ship kits, galnet up and running, krait>rightside up, customizable camera views, community affected BGS, base building, VR, better ship customizing with pieces that add and take away from profile size and storage, more nuanced crime and punishment, find away to put some procedural generation in the jump sequence its bland and out dated and samey as hell right now.
Plus why can't I view the jump sequence in camera view. I want to see myself go through and out...in camera view!?

I fully agree, but for one point. I like the Krait as it is right now. It's a nice break from the standard 'cockpit on top' design most other ships have.

Can y'all imagine murder mystery missions, that may start on a station, but the clues end up taking you to a planet, some conspiracy to unfold. That would be epic

Cmdr Rusty Dog and his friends created this RPG Livestream, with voice acted radio messages leading the story, very cool and I'd love to see something along these lines being developed in game
Source: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zV1V9m-9zLg

Sorry appologies for not coming back on this sooner! VR is well on my agenda, whilst I have nothing to say at the moment that is because I am getting as much info as I can. I will hope to get some clarification out by close of play this week.

Thanks for the nudge!

-Arf

Fingers crossed as this situation is really getting silly. Please make it a CONCRETE answer.

I think that was the last thing he posted about this forgoten game and it was 6 years ago

He responded to a post of mine on Reddit surprisingly in 2019 or so! Maybe it was earlier 2020, I forget, but the thread was about Frontier: Elite 2 and I was mentioning that I was bummed that I somehow never knew of the game when it came out, since I was the exact right age for it and it was precisely the sort of game I would've loved. All I knew of in this genre was Privateer, and it was good for then but not nearly as cool and robust and open as Elite 2 was.

Then he responded to my comment by going into the issues with the release in America and whatnot, I should go dig up his response... it was the last thing I was expecting, getting David Braben to appear on a not-particularly-popular thread on Reddit and responding to my rambling comment.

Okay, I went and found it, it was 10 months ago:
https://www.reddit.com/r/EliteDangerous/comments/bxqtu0/_/eq9by1o Source: https://www.reddit.com/r/EliteDangerous/comments/bxqtu0/acornsoft_elite_1984_promo_video_where_it_all/eq9by1o/?context=3

He responded to a post of mine on Reddit surprisingly in 2019 or so! Maybe it was earlier 2020, I forget, but the thread was about Frontier: Elite 2 and I was mentioning that I was bummed that I somehow never knew of the game when it came out, since I was the exact right age for it and it was precisely the sort of game I would've loved. All I knew of in this genre was Privateer, and it was good for then but not nearly as cool and robust and open as Elite 2 was.

Then he responded to my comment by going into the issues with the release in America and whatnot, I should go dig up his response... it was the last thing I was expecting, getting David Braben to appear on a not-particularly-popular thread on Reddit and responding to my rambling comment.

https://www.reddit.com/r/EliteDangerous/comments/bxqtu0/_/eq9by1o Source: https://www.reddit.com/r/EliteDangerous/comments/bxqtu0/acornsoft_elite_1984_promo_video_where_it_all/eq9by1o/?context=3
Glad to see him still lingering around the community

Surprising !

Although when I was looking for a job, sometimes companies read my email 2-3 years after sending it.

🦠 🦠 🦠 🦠 🦠 🦠 😷

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom