ANNOUNCEMENT Elite Dangerous: Odyssey Announcement

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
Having played games with 'crawl' or 'sneak' modes that basically slow you down I would not like high G worlds to mean I move much more slowly, may be more realistic but not really gameplay, certainly not the 100th time, by then its just a pain. Exoskeleton or whatever just dont make it take 5 minutes to move one foot and if I cant raise my arms to strangle someone its gonna be hard to shoot them as well. Unless everything is an inch high or dies from foot wounds.

Im aware its probably optional but still.

Or the other extreme low g worlds where every shot propels you 10 meters back ^^. I think the thrusters on yiure back will help you with that.
But dont zero the effects so you still "feel" yourself more light or heavy.

It shouldn't be too realistic cause you cant survive too much g force for too long cause you're heart struggles to keep you're blood in motion ^^

Realistically, it'd be better if you could equip the space legs character to suit the environment they are on, if you are on a 6G world and bounding about like nasa apollo astronauts because its "more fun gameplay" it'd really suck the last vestige of verisimilitude out of the game. While I accept that struggling to get anywhere would suck, exoskeletons could / should be available to mitigate this. There is talk of Odyssey having new engineers, perhaps they can engineer remlock suits into something akin to Martian Navies "Goliath power armour" from the Expanse?

Or the other extreme low g worlds where every shot propels you 10 meters back ^^. I think the thrusters on yiure back will help you with that.
But dont zero the effects so you still "feel" yourself more light or heavy.

It shouldn't be too realistic cause you cant survive too much g force for too long cause you're heart struggles to keep you're blood in motion ^^

But! But! But! - that could be fun!!!
Source: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=104tQfcK1sI

There better be walking around on ships and stations in this update as well. :) Just walking around on barren planets is not going to be enough after waiting for this update for 2-3 years...

But what does high gravity do to human anatomy!? Can blood pump respectively? +3 damage to joints when jumping? An effect on the movement of electrons affecting processes?

Derail, but on this point about the trailer, look at these two images. The first is from the trailer, the planet the Cobra lands on. The second is an image only shown on the overclockers website as part of their fdev competition from June. You can see the planet from the trailer is a potato, probably a small moon with very thin atmosphere. But the planet in the overclockers image looks much larger by comparison, a large planet not a small potato moon, with a much deeper atmosphere.

View attachment 183359

View attachment 183360
OFF TOPIC>that view point or lack thereof is where ED loses its action sequences. Is why all the splash screens vs actual in seat gameplay is left well neutered.
There is actually a pretty good looking game to be seen when its framed correctly (but never is).

Basically saying frontier have filmed star wars with a handheld VHS camera! Get your camera game up to snuff!!!

Planet coaster has released two dev post and two dev videos for the console release on two consecutive Fridays (one of the videos was released before the first dev post). They are pretty informative.

I hope we see that we see that same type of output for odyssey.

Just watched the livestream, they said there'd be an announcement later this week about the first Dev Diary to come next week.

Literally the announcement of an announcement of an announcement!

Incidentally, my money's on Tuesday next week for the first Dev Diary, because that's the FS 2020 launch day. It'll be entirely a coincidence, of course.

Just watched the livestream, they said there'd be an announcement later this week about the first Dev Diary to come next week.

Literally the announcement of an announcement of an announcement!

Incidentally, my money's on Tuesday next week for the first Dev Diary, because that's the FS 2020 launch day. It'll be entirely a coincidence, of course.
I don't believe the Dev Diaries are an announcement. But they are announcing when the announcement will come, which of course is the right thing to do as we all want to know when we will find out more about Odyssey.

I don't believe the Dev Diaries are an announcement. But they are announcing when the announcement will come, which of course is the right thing to do as we all want to know when we will find out more about Odyssey.
Well, I'm rather hoping the first dev diary will give us the first reasonably full overview of everything that's going to be in Odyssey, which I'm inclined to class as an announcement, but hey, semantics.... :)

Well, I'm rather hoping the first dev diary will give us the first reasonably full overview of everything that's going to be in Odyssey, which I'm inclined to class as an announcement, but hey, semantics.... :)
We already had the announcement which came unannounced. I am assuming that the Dev diary will be a deeper view of one aspect of what has been previously been announced.

:)

It Is not semantics, Is that you don't know the meaning of the word "announcement"

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom