Elite Dangerous Odyssey has FAILED :D

Of course, and it makes the klaxon blare.
Good, good....
good-evil.gif

reading the steam server status isn't going to give you the full status of players,some people still use the non steam version. Has steam also has it own haters.and looking at the game status is really not good has trolls bunch hit the likes dislike buttons regular.

i use my own mind to see if the game good or bad.

I love how people who 'hate' the game spend so much of their time and energy discussing this game they 'hate'.
Maybe because they want to love it - a 1 to 1 rendition of our galaxy with working orbital mechanics, a good flight model for gorgeous spaceships and sumptious sound fx in VR (one of the very few) that isn't a glorified corridor shooter. Elite Dangerous is a game that allows you to trade, fight or mine - alone or with friends and/or gankers... Go where you want and do what you want, land on planets, explored crashed ships, join in on CGs or Powerplay or follow the stories.

There is no other game that offers this: SC has one system after what? nearly 10 years, NMS is a glorified planet explorer, X4 has no landable planets, Evochron Legacy is an aquired taste (graphically), Everspace 2 is a static bunch of systems, Space Engine doesn't have ships and most of them don't have VR.*

* All of them awesome in their own unique ways of course

rootsrat

Volunteer Moderator
Maybe because they want to love it - a 1 to 1 rendition of our galaxy with working orbital mechanics, a good flight model for gorgeous spaceships and sumptious sound fx in VR (one of the very few) that isn't a glorified corridor shooter. Elite Dangerous is a game that allows you to trade, fight or mine - alone or with friends and/or gankers... Go where you want and do what you want, land on planets, explored crashed ships, join in on CGs or Powerplay or follow the stories.

There is no other game that offers this: SC has one system after what? nearly 10 years, NMS is a glorified planet explorer, X4 has no landable planets, Evochron Legacy is an aquired taste (graphically), Everspace 2 is a static bunch of systems, Space Engine doesn't have ships and most of them don't have VR.*

* All of them awesome in their own unique ways of course
They hate the game because they want to love it?

I don't know if hate is quite the right word, but either way, as they say, hate isn't the opposite of love, indifference is.

Regardless, the game still has a lot of unfulfilled potential not just based on my ideals but those of the devs as well when they set out to make and market the game.

To be clear though, taken as a whole, I do like the game, and presumably at least a handful at Frontier do too.

Last edited:
Love and hate are complex emotional states that can lead to murder, betrayal and or a lovely bubble bath. It's complicated :alien:

rootsrat

Volunteer Moderator
Love and hate are complex emotional states that can lead to murder, betrayal and or a lovely bubble bath. It's complicated :alien:
Elite Dangerous bubble bath. I'd buy that.

What does the cosmos smell like?

Is someone forcing them to play?
And no-one is forced to post on the forum, but clearly some feel one is worthwile, while one isn't.

Perhaps some post on the forum to suggest what might make them play again.

Again, current playing of a Frontier product is not a requirement of membership of this forum.

Top Bottom