ANNOUNCEMENT Elite Dangerous: Odyssey Has Launched!

Horizon has suddenly Shut Down on my Xbox One, 03:41am Thursay morning after other shut downs.

Odyssey has released, fantastic But console Horizon content has shut down. I have been playing upset because I don't have Odyssey yet but to really kick me in the face, Horizon has "Failed to Communicate with the Authentication Server" as of 03:41 am.
It's 06:41am and it's still off. Apparently it shut down yesterday, well its shutdown again through the night. It is bad enough I have to wait months before I can even Pre order my copy of the Ultimate Edition of Odyssey but to now shut me out. Devs, please fix my game. I'm starting to have after addiction issues. I am addicted to Elite. I need my Elite please. No, I really am addicted, well if 10hrs solid a day, 7 days a week is classed as addiction over the past 36yrs.
Please fix Horizon.
Made my day :D(y)

😷

Are you running Nvidia Experience because you'll lose 30% of your FPS, uninstall it (update drivers via the nvidia website about this time of the month). Have you set Nvidia settings to performance? Have you stopped virtual memory as you have more than enough ram to run the game without it.
Nvidia Overlay seems to sap performance..

Nvidia Overlay seems to sap performance..
I really need test ultra on different types of gameplay but everything seems to be fine until I raise super sampling above 1.0. It's horrible even when I have overall quality on low. The menus start to lag instantly until the game is unplayable. My 4GB 1050 Ti is below the recommended card so maybe this is the one area where it's just too low spec to keep up, but I do see people with better cards having problems.

Supersampling is a terrible resource hog! Just have the game on native res (ss 1.0) and only lower the setting if you want more FPS and can withstand the lower quality visuals.
It looks so purdy though.

I actually did try lowering it last night out of curiosity and it looked horrendous. Like a game from the 90's.

In Horizons, I took missions for two of these three ports on KUNG TE A 5 A and they were easy enough to target from the nav panel. When I got to the moon I couldn't land and they don't show up in the system map. They don't appear on the likes of Eddb or Inara either, but they do show up in Odyssey on a landable moon. Could that be a bug which bled over from yesterday's update?

Elite Dangerous Screenshot 2021.05.20 - 11.45.34 b.jpg

Elite Dangerous Screenshot 2021.05.20 - 11.55.03 b.jpg

Downloaded EDO in next to no time... then all screen res settings vanished out of Options (Playing Ultra Widescreen but setting stuck in 600x800 or summat and mouse setting stomped on!)... then 'LOADING GAME' but NOT loading jack, all night.... stayed up until the game DID load and the servers said 'Yesshhh'... Now I'll admit to being an EDO 'skeptic' (VERY POLITE)... so with little expectation I started playing the game...... and

...... I'm absolutely loving it!!!!.... it's added the next dimension to EDH..... Thanks Mr B and the whole team.... thinking of Dav Stott... betcha had a 'tiring' day yesterday!

EDIT: I'm changing my mind.... the planet tech (compared to Horizons) is debatable.... the lighting popping in/out and on occasions searing all detail and your eyeballs out is truely horrendous...... my couple of post subsequent to this one....paint a very different and sorry picture to my initial honey-toned exclamation above...............................................

Last edited:
Updated Horizons and installed Odyssey.
As a VR user launched odyssey to see how FDEV had handled it. Flat screen actually wasn’t bad as it was in Alpha, so far ok.
Had enough of the space legs so launched actual game, First thing that hit me graphics appear clearer, sharper, holiness avatars are actually visible in my chosen color scheme now and that’s where the good ends!
Everything is so dark but ok not the end of the world. On my FC my FPS instead of 45-60 on horizons is 24, jittery performance, launch into space climbs back to 40 in places still jittery.
Let’s go to a planet, finds atmospheric land able, CTD on descent, omg ok had enough back to horizons.
Ship needs to be recovered to orbit, ok makes sense.
Orange spinning ship of doom, constantly, orange cobra it’s now called, congrats FDEV we’re back to game Alpha connection issues 8 years ago.
Eventually relaunches odyssey flies away from atmospheric planet after 3 orange cobras, gets interdicted, tries combat, what are these pathetic PA effects now, I mean wow, why why why would they change this to this crap effects.
Let’s try horizons again now, finally after a taupe cobra and 4 more orange cobras in back, it’s light again in my cockpit, ok let’s go, nope. So bindings that carried over for odyssey were erased for horizons!

odyssey was not thought out well for VR in non footfall situations, system and gal map cursor does not line up with nab targets making selection a pain in the ass. Optimization is damn terrible!
Dark lighting, and do t get me started on the squib PA effects.
Horizons has been clearly cast aside also it seems not that I got to play it much, transferring between two dlcs is troublesome at best!
Wasn’t expecting much but this is a pathetic so called paid launch. Glad mine was free with LEP.

Can your support team fixed the constant connectivity issue with "orange sidewinder". They are at least 4 pages of such issues already reported. Thank you.

Top Bottom