ANNOUNCEMENT Elite Dangerous: Odyssey Has Launched!

It's been almost a day now, since launch, and I still can't play Odyssey, or Horizons, or the base game for that matter. Just because I can't connect to the server. Why can't there be an offline mode, so we could at least play solo until server issues are resolved?

It's been almost a day now, since launch, and I still can't play Odyssey, or Horizons, or the base game for that matter. Just because I can't connect to the server. Why can't there be an offline mode, so we could at least play solo until server issues are resolved?

I'm pretty sure they've blocked accounts during the maintenance, I can login via an alt (non odyssey) but my main account goes nowhere.

I'm pretty sure they've blocked accounts during the maintenance, I can login via an alt (non odyssey) but my main account goes nowhere.
I can log into the launcher, but once I start a game, I get the "Unable to initialise network. Please check your connection." message box. The game starts, but I am unable to do anything but play the tutorial. So I doubt my account is blocked (red message down in the side menu stating that no connection was established).

The ghost of Offlinegate returns to haunt us!

(There was orginally planned to be an off-line mode, but this had to be ditched due to technical complications, to much angst here on the forum at the time, and in fairness to FDev they gave refunds to those for whom this was a deal breaker.)

PS sorry to hear you're having troubles. Quite usual in the early days of any big update for ED. Hang on for a few days and it will get sorted/patched enough to play.

The ghost of Offlinegate returns to haunt us!

(There was orginally planned to be an off-line mode, but this had to be ditched due to technical complications, to much angst here on the forum at the time, and in fairness to FDev they gave refunds to those for whom this was a deal breaker.)
Well, it would definitely be useful, even when servers are running fine. My IP is not bad, but I do get an occasional outage. It's quite annoying dropping out of the game like that. But right now it's really hard to bear. Really hyped about the update. If they at least gave a little more info on their progress in resolving the issue. I'm getting tired of trying to connect...

Supersampling is a terrible resource hog! Just have the game on native res (ss 1.0) and only lower the setting if you want more FPS and can withstand the lower quality visuals.
It was an issue in alpha and it's still pretty bad. I'm under 20fps on the ground with SS at 0.8.
Clearly optimisation hasn't I proved things much!

Well, it would definitely be useful, even when servers are running fine. My IP is not bad, but I do get an occasional outage. It's quite annoying dropping out of the game like that. But right now it's really hard to bear. Really hyped about the update. If they at least gave a little more info on their progress in resolving the issue. I'm getting tired of trying to connect...
I understand your frustration, alas this is 'normal' after a big update. Rest assured, they will sort it out, they're actually pretty good over the first few weeks fixing major bugs and issues.

ok so ran a number of VR performance test and can safely say that optimisation is seriously needed. So using only the default graphics settings (VR Low, VR Medium, VR High & VR Ultra) and mointoring with Oculus debug tool I got the following results:
VR Low - 45fps
VR Medium - 45 fps
VR High - 45fps
VR Ultra - 47-45fps
And tried with both ASW on & off, same results
And this was inside a station on the landing pad flying in and out
using a Rift CV1 and i9 9900k,RTX2080ti for reference

Otherwise it looks amazing and the new features are great, just need to sort out the performance

I understand your frustration, alas this is 'normal' after a big update. Rest assured, they will sort it out, they're actually pretty good over the first few weeks fixing major bugs and issues.

This isn't a minor issue, bare minimum I'd expect to at least play the game somewhat after a new update. Any other developer would have provided a verbal update already if they couldn't immediately patch such an issue that prevents some from literally getting into game.

The fact they haven't really acknowledged the unable of people to login yet is shocking.

Where are they? I see nothing but tumbleweed as an fdev response.

ok so ran a number of VR performance test and can safely say that optimisation is seriously needed. So using only the default graphics settings (VR Low, VR Medium, VR High & VR Ultra) and mointoring with Oculus debug tool I got the following results:
VR Low - 45fps
VR Medium - 45 fps
VR High - 45fps
VR Ultra - 47-45fps
And tried with both ASW on & off, same results
And this was inside a station on the landing pad flying in and out
using a Rift CV1 and i9 9900k,RTX2080ti for reference

Otherwise it looks amazing and the new features are great, just need to sort out the performance
I can only speak to the tutorial, but in it, on the ride-along, everything was buttery smooth from take-off till landing. And I only have a GTX 1080 and Ryzen 3900X. I did not investigate the FPS, but I'm pretty sure it was maxed out at 90 (Oculus Rift S), with settings ranging between medium to ultra, with emphasis on terrain detail.

It seem that trading profits of common goods (silver, gold, etc.) have been cut to 1/10th. This means, it takes 10 times longer to get a ship, carrier, etc. Is this really intended?

So, are we there yet?

Last nite i could only do the EDO tutorial. Then the game stuck on loading when i tried to disembark at the Starport

I was planning to get a day off tomorrow to fully enjoy EDO, should i cancel it?

I can only speak to the tutorial, but in it, on the ride-along, everything was buttery smooth from take-off till landing. And I only have a GTX 1080 and Ryzen 3900X. I did not investigate the FPS, but I'm pretty sure it was maxed out at 90 (Oculus Rift S), with settings ranging between medium to ultra, with emphasis on terrain detail.
I also had 90fps in the on foot tutorial and "taxi" ride, once I was back on my own ship thats when it significantly dropped....very odd

I also had 90fps in the on foot tutorial and "taxi" ride, once I was back on my own ship thats when it significantly dropped....very odd
I guess that probably means that the issue is probably connected to the server overload somehow, what hopefully means that in terms of HW optimization everything is fine. But that's just my guess. I'm still unable to disembark the Worm-guy's Cobra.

Top Bottom