Elite Dangerous: Odyssey Hotfix 1

The Steam interface says that my game is up to date How do I check if the hotfix is installed?
Thanks!
If the game loads and doesn't say its out of date.

Not a sarcastic answer.

If the client is out of date, even if the launcher doesn't think it is, on the menu it will say it cannot connect to the Frontier Servers, as the client is too old, or something like that.

Good afternoon.
I have deleted the files as indicated in the post and even reinstalled the game and there is no way, the textures do not load correctly. It is a shame that Frontier released such a product and even more so with so many months of testing and bug fixes.

This is not going to be fixed any time soon -- FDEV and quality are two words that simply don't go together any more; the FC rollout was an absolute embarrassment with patch after patch after patch, breaking more than was fixed each time, the absolute debacle of "adjustments" to mining, culminating in a PWA that was broken for 3-4 months, endless, mind-numbing grind after grind after grind and we overlooked that because we assumed it was the new coders and the juniors holding down the fort while the alpha team worked on ODYSSEY.

But now that same team has thoroughly wasted 2+ years to produce an early-2000's era shooter, with 1990's era AI, while simultaneously demolishing the core gameplay of flying spaceships because they haven't even reached the point of adding the code to cull the rendering pipeline. Everything about this screams "massive management f**k-up" - devs don't release anything at this low a level of quality unless forced to by management. This is the same management that thought, "compelling gameplay" meant having us run around on planets endlessly collecting mould samples instead of actually adding some sort of interesting story-driven gameplay that played off the fundamental core strengths of this game. Literally everything about this release is worse than HORIZONS. There is not a single positive thing anywhere in this s**t-storm.

FDEV - REPLACE YOUR DESIGNERS AND YOUR PMs - this is just one colossal screw-up after another after another after another and the blame lies directly with them.

So far from what I have seen Odyssey seems amazing. From that standpoint the Devs have done a great job but there has to be a better way to prepare a new expansion for release. I am not a computer guy but it is hard to understand how so many problems were not discovered during beta testing. I hope the day comes when the computer gaming industry can agree on some standards across all platforms with the hope that things will run more smoothly but for now all I can do is wait for all the bugs to be squashed one at a time. Guess I will go mow the lawn.
The reason these issues weren't found in beta-test is because we ARE the beta-testers and the beta-test began on the 19th. As it stands, though, this thing is still clearly in alpha.

This is not going to be fixed any time soon -- FDEV and quality are two words that simply don't go together any more; the FC rollout was an absolute embarrassment with patch after patch after patch, breaking more than was fixed each time, the absolute debacle of "adjustments" to mining...........
It was released too early, there's bugs, technical issues (planetary surface), and they shouldn't increase the grind. However, overall it's still enjoyable imo. A lot of people do have fun with the game and welcome the patches.

tenor.gif

I had a proper go the first time this morning in Odyssey, on the training mission. I managed to cut the panel off the SRV eventually but then got fed up trying to cut the access panel to the airlock. Admittedly it might be my controller setup (I was trying to use HOTAS). The arc cutter was pretty useless. Also, I had to crouch to get under the SRv to do the cutting, when the rotation controls seemed to reverse. Weird! So far it was not an enjoyable experience. I am willing to believe it might be at some point. I will try K+M perhaps, and maybe even dredge out an old xbox controller. But I’m not hopeful. I’ve also currently got the rotation axis set to my joystick X axis, and if I have to turn that slowly when facing a horde of rampaging goids then I’ll be a dead spacer in no time at all.

The Odyssey/Horizons instancing issue is more like playing in group server than any huge issue, right? The big boys are making a pretty big stink about it and it doesn’t seem like that big an issue to me and my PS4 at the moment

So I have this weird problem.
I installed and played Odyssey on the release day. Very impressive.
The day after there was a hotfix which I installed.( it took quite a while)
The update is installed but the launcher wont load because it needs an update it says.
The update that is already installed.
Have anyone else experienced such a weird thing?
I could uninstall and reinstall but then I would loose everything I built up.
I contacted Frontier support and are waiting for an answer.
Could it be an Oculus server thing?
Cheers
Torben Asp

Can we get any form of hotfix for consoles, to address some of the bugs the odyssey launch day patch brought into the game? We don’t even have odyssey yet we get the same bugs.

The update is installed but the launcher wont load because it needs an update it says.
Cheers
Torben Asp
okay it seems They fixed my issue....thank you;o)

I deleted %appdata% graphics folder and it made the games performance worse !!

Connection to the game on game start up - errors out.
Worse performance at outposts Odyssey missions than before, generally speaking.

Fire brings the game to a grinding halt from 60 fps to 8.
Klaxons/Sparks almost do the same as fire does.
Can't hand in missions after i've met the mission goals.
The helmet light flickers on/off, mostly when inside a building.
Had a panel to purge the building of life support disappear when i moved towards it but could still operate it.

1060gtx
32gb ram

Running video pre-set settings on LOW. Horizon was med/high settings.

The 1060 GTX 6gb Vram card is constantly maxed out at 100% load when i'm running around outposts, where the CPU is 20-30% load.

And now my downloadable products have disappeared from my account in the FD Store. Others have got the same error 404 when trying to get the Odyssey OST- please support the issue!

Last edited:
True.
But the pc has had two hot fixes to correct some of the issues, Xbox has had none.
Mmm, and a third fix last night (edit: looks like it was server side only). from the patch notes most of the “hotfix” fixes to date are for Odyssey, which consoles don't have yet so that’s not really relevant. I want to play Horizons rather than EDO and there are plenty of bugs that the EDO release introduced to that which are common to us all and which dont seem to be getting any attention. I'd prefer that FD said publicly that Odyssey is in a Beta state, and put Horozons and Baseline ED back to what it was.

Last edited:
Cheers
Torben Asp
I think its an Oculus thing. I had very similar to you, but the latest patch would not download via Oculus, it either failed the install with "Your anti virus blocked the install" or sat there for 4 hours @50% CPU "installing".
In the end I started in Desktop, and patched via the ED Launcher.
I now get "There is an update. Do you wish to update later or update now?" every time I start ED, which I skip.

Hoping the next patch fixes :)

Top Bottom