ANNOUNCEMENT Elite Dangerous: Odyssey PC Launch Date

Bruce G

Senior Community Manager
Greetings Commanders,

We're delighted to announce that the PC version of Elite Dangerous: Odyssey will launch on Steam, Epic Games Store and the Frontier Store on May 19th!

Your feedback during the alpha period has been invaluable and made this release date possible. We'll continue collecting your feedback throughout the upcoming alpha phase 4 and beyond launch as we work on further improvements and content updates.

Console development continues behind the scenes with an Autumn release still on schedule.

There's still time to pre-order Odyssey and get your hands on the exclusive Pioneer suit skin. The Deluxe version of the pre-order is also still available for those who want to hop into the alpha which is expected to end on April 30th.

MicrosoftTeams-image (4) (1 small).png

We'll see you on foot planet-side!

o7

Fantastic news on the release date!! Congrats to all of the team at FDev for making this a reality ... and thanks to the community for all the work in Alpha already and going forward to make EDO the best of experiences o7

Awesome. Sooner than I expected.

Can't wait to experience the new atmospheric worlds and get out on foot. And see how it performs with my new RTX3080+1440p monitor :D

Last edited:
Cool, I wonder how the dev's feel about this date.

Issue Tracker:
4230 unconfirmed issues.
120 confirmed

So that's 16/17 working days to process 4000+ issues and fix all the ones that are real, non-duplicated issues.

Not to mention the EAP(Early Access Program)/Alpha/Beta/whatever they want to call it - still has another 7/8 days left.
And we haven't even started on the compatibility testing of Phase 4 yet.

I admire their confidence.

PS: Cyberpunk 2077 was still fun and I completed it a couple of times - before the massive patch that fixed a few thousand bugs - just saying :)

Top Bottom