Elite Dangerous: Odyssey Q&A- First Footfall

No new Odyssey QA today?

Seconded
QyfBuK0.gif

Well, it looks like they struggle even to put some weekly answers together, not a good sign for a whole expansion!
TBH. from what Arf said yesterday on the livestream (he's been playing Odyssey!) and this, it looks like they are very, very close to the alpha release and they are working flat-out to make sure there isn't something game-breaking or any massive connection issues, and getting everything uploaded ready for 100s/1000s of people to all jump on and download it at once!

TBH. from what Arf said yesterday on the livestream (he's been playing Odyssey!) and this, it looks like they are very, very close to the alpha release and they are working flat-out to make sure there isn't something game-breaking or any massive connection issues, and getting everything uploaded ready for 100s/1000s of people to all jump on and download it at once!

Just watched it. It sounds like there's another Dev Diary or something similar coming down the pipeline soon, as he mentioned he was working on something he was unable to elaborate on, but required him to be based in the office for the past week.

There was similar talk prior to Dev Diary 3, around the difficulties of recording quality interviews with minimal staff allowed in the office (where their studios are) due to the lockdown.

Just watched it. It sounds like there's another Dev Diary or something similar coming down the pipeline soon, as he mentioned he was working on something he was unable to elaborate on, but required him to be based in the office for the past week.

There was similar talk prior to Dev Diary 3, around the difficulties of recording quality interviews with minimal staff allowed in the office (where their studios are) due to the lockdown.
You could be right! I assumed [while watching it] he/they were working on a big Lore/Galnet/CG thing as he was talking about the Adamastor quest and how much work it is - whatever it turns out to be, it will be welcome!

Regarding dev diary 4, I have a hunch it will be released alongside alpha and will be about how they had all these single, working concepts and had to intertwine them and get them all working alongside each other and fitting it all into the base game. It'll be titled "Seamless interaction" ;)

You could be right! I assumed [while watching it] he/they were working on a big Lore/Galnet/CG thing as he was talking about the Adamastor quest and how much work it is - whatever it turns out to be, it will be welcome!

Regarding dev diary 4, I have a hunch it will be released alongside alpha and will be about how they had all these single, working concepts and had to intertwine them and get them all working alongside each other and fitting it all into the base game. It'll be titled "Seamless interaction" ;)

Yeah, so he talked about the lore thing, and how they were working on something that was a bit longer and more substantial than the last one. And then, to my ear, he changed subject onto Odyssey, and that's when he mentioned going into the office to work on something he's "not allowed to talk about", but was definitely Odyssey related.

Also interesting is him specifying that this new lore event, players can take part in whether or not they're using Odyssey. So either the event is anticipated to be months and months long, or... well...

Yeah, so he talked about the lore thing, and how they were working on something that was a bit longer and more substantial than the last one. And then, to my ear, he changed subject onto Odyssey, and that's when he mentioned going into the office to work on something he's "not allowed to talk about", but was definitely Odyssey related.

Also interesting is him specifying that this new lore event, players can take part in whether or not they're using Odyssey. So either the event is anticipated to be months and months long, or... well...
Ah okay, maybe I need to rewatch it. My memory is all jumbled into one!

Well, it looks like they struggle even to put some weekly answers together, not a good sign for a whole expansion!
Gosh... Thank you for your observation...
(I wonder if the expansion might just be taking Dev time... You know, getting things ready to roll?)
Nah, they just like to tick off the already jilted :ROFLMAO:

Top Bottom