Elite Dangerous: Odyssey Q&A - Weapons

I don't mind it myself. It means that all my weapons kind of have a distinct personality if you get what I mean. Hopefully I will get attached to them.
Tbh, I could get behind the engineering side of it and not being able to take the modifications off, like you said it could add a bit of personalitly. I just don't really understand the decision about not being able to take off attachments, like new scopes etc. Seems like it wouldn't do much, other than create frustration.

Greetings Commanders!

We're back again this week with more answers for you on Elite Dangerous: Odyssey. This week we're taking a look at your questions regarding on foot weaponry.

Weapons​

Q: Will anti-vehicle weapons be available?
All weapons can be used against ships, however some are far more effective, such as explosive weapons like rocket launchers and grenades.

Q: Will players be equipped with a weapon immediately upon launch?
Just as you will always have a Sidewinder available as a ship, all players will have a side arm to help them in combat

Q: Will there be melee weapons?
Players will be able to attack with melee when close but there are no specific melee weapons.

Q: What kinds of explosives are there?
Only grenades and rocket launcher are planned for launch

Q: Will the aiming reticule always remain on-screen?
The reticule is used to interact with objects as well as for combat, so will always be on-screen. Firing from the hip will still use the same reticule for general direction, but will be less accurate.

Q. Which weapons allow you to look down the sights?
All weapons will have this function, however different scopes are available for each through Engineering.

Q. Could players throw grenades at ships an expect to deal significant damage if it's unshielded?
Yes and we look forward to watching it happen!

Q. What types of weapons will there be?
There's a wide variety of weapons from pistols, rifles and SMGs, to shotguns and rocket launchers. More details will be revealed on these later.

Q: Will players be able to upgrade their weapons with attachments?
You can choose from several attachments for your weapons. However, a modified weapon cannot be reverted, so think carefully. You can own multiple copies of a weapon for different situations, but can only carry a limited number of them at a time, depending on your suit type.

Q: Can you drop ammo/grenades for your friends?
Yes - other players can pick up and use your dropped items.

Keep an eye out for more Elite Dangerous: Odyssey information in future!

o7
Screenshots and video is what people need to see as a description is like concept fantasy . As it is early 2021 actual game work in progress demos streamed live might help seduce more pre orders of Odyssey , if Bill Oddie can show his toe nails on live TV why can`t FDev do the full Monty with the progress of Odyssey , no need to be shy we are long grown adults that have seen intimate pre alpha gameplay from Star Citizen .

Screenshots and video is what people need to see as a description is like concept fantasy . As it is early 2021 actual game work in progress demos streamed live might help seduce more pre orders of Odyssey , if Bill Oddie can show his toe nails on live TV why can`t FDev do the full Monty with the progress of Odyssey , no need to be shy we are long grown adults that have seen intimate pre alpha gameplay from Star Citizen .
Getting to know most of game mechanics, they looks etc before even playing... for me it killed lot of fun in some games.The less we see the less we will be disappointed. (I hope we won't be, but you get overall the idea ;) ).

The lack of concrete gameplay videos is honestly getting very frustrating at this point, especially since they have been asking $$ for it for a while now. Supposedly it should be pretty close to release now. It’s like they have something to hide, and not in the good sense.

Landed unmanned?

I just read that small arms are going to be competitive with ship based weapons, so it's going to be like what we were doing in Battlefield 1942 twenty years ago...stick a squad of infantry on the wings, so when the opposing fighters made too close a pass they got hit with three bazookas, five hundred BAR rounds, and six grenades.
It was glorious. Glorious!

FDev implement plz.

Nice! I was thinking about putting loads of sticky grenades in someones engines, and doing an Axel Foley banana move when they try and take off.

No sticky grenades, unless you've got a friend named CMDR Sticky willing to take one for the team.

Top Bottom