Elite Dangerous: Odyssey Q&A - Weapons

I think it should be reasonably easy to balance without reducing the realism.

Planetside 2 use a lot of roofs, indoor walkways and placement shield-generators to balance out air-power. Add with fixed AA defences, making ships approach dangerous to be hanging around for long.

As for infantry, the obvious thing would be to make the door a vulnerable point. You can't shoot at a ship, but if you can run up to it and run the steps, arguably that's unshielded and can be vulnerable for attaching a specific anti-ship charge (or ultimately, the ability to infiltrate and blow up the ships reactor with a timed charge).

Damage to shields and hull with handheld weapons doesn't need to be possible to balance out the gameplay.

I think it should be reasonably easy to balance without reducing the realism.

Planetside 2 use a lot of roofs, indoor walkways and placement shield-generators to balance out air-power. Add with fixed AA defences, making ships approach dangerous to be hanging around for long.

As for infantry, the obvious thing would be to make the door a vulnerable point. You can't shoot at a ship, but if you can run up to it and run the steps, arguably that's unshielded and can be vulnerable for attaching a specific anti-ship charge (or ultimately, the ability to infiltrate and blow up the ships reactor with a timed charge).

Damage to shields and hull with handheld weapons doesn't need to be possible to balance out the gameplay.
Infiltrating ships is a thing I'm waiting for more than anything else.
A long time before David Braben promised this feature…

Top Bottom