Elite Dangerous: Odyssey Questions and Answers

I am getting on quite nicely with my existing HOTAS setup, it might not be up to the standards of the top gamers but then neither am I.
I will point out apart from being a target a couple of times I have yet to indulge in combat in the Alpha.
you are playing odyssey with a Hotas? I didn't know it was possible I'll give it a try.

I'm playing with KB&M old ancient fps player been 8 yrs since them days I have not used my x55 once in odyssey so far but that wheel thing is as real pain to use could use some more hot keys like Med pack for one.

Here is one for the group. I changed my graphics settings now the picture is to big to get to "apply" to change it back anybody got any idea how to fix this?

Last edited:
In the control options I used the default KB&M with yaw option and used that until I got to know what they do and made a few changes to suit my style

Here is one for the group. I changed my graphics settings now the picture is to big to get to "apply" to change it back anybody got any idea how to fix this?
Try using the optionsfrom the launcher menu - windowed mode?
If you have an nVidia GPU, try using the scaling factor to shrink the screen or chang the resolution

Noticed the Q/A about overhangs. This is huge devs! There have to be caves to explore, just have to be. If there is no way for the terrain system to have caves (or even overhangs) then it needs to be improved / re-designed, whatever.
Change game engines so you can go caving. Really!?

Well, a building has the topography of a cave, including "overhangs" so it strikes me that you could have cave systems as structures implanted into the current engine, at least in a limited sense. Done carefully I don't see why they couldn't also be procedural.

Well, a building has the topography of a cave, including "overhangs" so it strikes me that you could have cave systems as structures implanted into the current engine, at least in a limited sense. Done carefully I don't see why they couldn't also be procedural.
Buildings and structures aren't part of the planetary procedural engine and are placed in separately pretty much by hand.

Ah yes, the ol "We can't talk about this" session is at it again I see :^) I still cant get over the fact that Fdev apparently is deathly allergic to gameplay and sharing information. Well keep your secrets. And I will keep my money.

What are you after knowing?
How about: Answers, actual honest answers with content and meaning, to the questions posted? "We can't talk about it yet" and "Dunno lol" aren't answers you are looking for in a Q&A session. The way these Question and "answer" sessions are done by FDev, they really could just ditch them alltogether, because they contain NOTHING noteworthy, they do not engage with the questions in a meaningfull way, they do not build upon what is already known or expand that, they do not clarify ANYTHING. They are, by definition, worthless, and that is a damn shame, but good luck trying to get FDev to do anything different. They got their vision set in stone, they will not deviate from it, come hell or high water. How long have players asked, no begged, sucked d*ck, to get FDev to actually answer questions in a meaningfull way? Years. What do they do? They play the Genie in the bottle, they answer your question without answering it, they spill the minimal ammount of beans ... then again, there's not more beans to spill, judging by the anemic content we do have, so you be the judge if my critique is fair. I feel like it is, but cmon, i'm just a dummy girl who knows nothing of what makes games fun and community interactions meaningfull, huh.

How about

Ah I see. Thumbscrews?

Supercruise News isn't a specific Odyssey AMA session really. Happens weekly regardless of whether there's alpha on and in the live game life goes on, people there not playing alpha. Obviously understandable we want fast answers in alpha but to be fair Frontier have always had - what I think is probably a pretty wise policy - of not confirming anything they don't know for 100% definite is going into the game. There was incident in Kickstarter when they did, it didn't and it still comes up from time to time. Trouble is they say something is going in and it gets pulled for some technical bug or other, people won't let Frontier forget it, they 'promised' but didn't deliver!

So wouldn't take it too personally. Arf and Bruce are actually good I think at giving information and I enjoy Arf's conspiratorial tone particularly. In fact it can be a bit of a game in itself, trying to psyche them into saying something they shouldn't. The answers - to what's in the alpha - reveal themselves in the end when expansion gets released and meanwhile we're all waiting for the info, you and me both. I'm sure behind every little feature we see in the game though, there'll be whole pile of code, plus feasbility studies needed before you change .. anything. These kind of changes don't happen instantly and it's probably just as well they dont't, so really we have to give them the space to work ..

Meanhwile, hand me the thumbscrews, comfy chair and truth serum! o7

Ah I see. Thumbscrews?

Supercruise News isn't a specific Odyssey AMA session really. Happens weekly regardless of whether there's alpha on and in the live game life goes on, people there not playing alpha. Obviously understandable we want fast answers in alpha but to be fair Frontier have always had - what I think is probably a pretty wise policy - of not confirming anything they don't know for 100% definite is going into the game. There was incident in Kickstarter when they did, it didn't and it still comes up from time to time. Trouble is they say something is going in and it gets pulled for some technical bug or other, people won't let Frontier forget it, they 'promised' but didn't deliver!

So wouldn't take it too personally. Arf and Bruce are actually good I think at giving information and I enjoy Arf's conspiratorial tone particularly. In fact it can be a bit of a game in itself, trying to psyche them into saying something they shouldn't. The answers - to what's in the alpha - reveal themselves in the end when expansion gets released and meanwhile we're all waiting for the info, you and me both. I'm sure behind every little feature we see in the game though, there'll be whole pile of code, plus feasbility studies needed before you change .. anything. These kind of changes don't happen instantly and it's probably just as well they dont't, so really we have to give them the space to work ..

Meanhwile, hand me the thumbscrews, comfy chair and truth serum! o7
Neither what I was going for nor what I understand as the scope of this thread here. This is an Odyssey Q&A with plenty of Q but barely any A. Idk, I dont find that shtick of "teasing out half-truths and conspiracies from devs" entertaining, endearing or good customer practice at all. Gives me a distinct Star Citizen vibe and that's territory I would rather not tread on ever again. Why let people ask questions when you are not going to answer them anyway, especially in threads SPECIFICALLY MADE to answer community questions? Idk, maybe i'm just too boring to get that charade, give it straight or shut the f*ck up.

Top Bottom