Elite Dangerous: Odyssey Questions and Answers

For real. My 1070 Ti could run the game at 1440p and still get 90-120fps no matter where i went in Horizons.

In Odyssey, I had to lower my monitor resolution to 720p, turn render resolution to 0.75, and turn everything to LOW or OFF just to be able to maintain 60fps. Hell, it still drops to 50 in station concourses.

How is that "optimized for our current settings?" Pretty sure their shareholders are gonna take them to court on this
This is my second day reading reviews like this. I am very shocked and equally upset by the current state of the game, given that the game has not visually received any radical graphics improvements.

I’m even scared to imagine how long it will take them to bring the current build to the gold standard set by the original game.

Has FD given up on ODY I can't log in in either mode. No messages no nothin.
Horizon still works like a charm.

FD if you are listening I am willing to give you ample time to fix Ody but till then I will have to play Horizon. If a reasonable amount of time passes and you don't get Ody fixed I will be asking for my money back on Ody. Please do not screw with Horizon till you get Ody fixed.

For God's sake FD if you can't fix this mess quit making it worse. Your most recent fixes have made it impossible to play ody. Your last fix literally destroyed my key binds, Good God stop while I am behind.

I play in the Mobius Private mode a lot. while playing in ODY the entrance to Jameson Memorial is blocked a lot of the time by NPC ships with very long delays getting in or out. Is this the way the game is being played now or is something screwed up? Would like to know one way or another.

I play in the Mobius Private mode a lot. while playing in ODY the entrance to Jameson Memorial is blocked a lot of the time by NPC ships with very long delays getting in or out. Is this the way the game is being played now or is something screwed up? Would like to know one way or another.
Is that using a Docking Computer?
Try Jaques if you want to see 'blocked by NPC ships'!

Fly in and out manually - it is quicker anyway ;)

Can confirm.

lnsCIps.png

Is that using a Docking Computer?

Fly in and out manually - it is quicker anyway ;)
Normally use the docking computer but since this started I am doing it manually. It's not a huge deal but a bit annoying. If it's a new game feature then so be it.

I am quite satisfied with ody now. For me the frame rates are a little low but the game play is very smooth and that is what I care about. I don't know what all the utubers are complaning about. There are some very small things that could use cleaning up but FD is on it. So FD stay at it and this will be great. However VR is a must have.

Last edited:
I would like to know if FD has made a decision on VR going forward. I would like an answer from somebody that knows not somebody that thinks they know . I do not want an interpretation of something FD said about it. I want an absolute statement from FD. Anybody got one?

I would like to know if FD has made a decision on VR going forward. I would like an answer from somebody that knows not somebody that thinks they know . I do not want an interpretation of something FD said about it. I want an absolute statement from FD. Anybody got one?
You might try asking @sallymorganmoore
I don't think anything has been said recently.

It's still a no. To be honest that's the right thing to do. As much as Odyssey has improved, it still needs a lot of work. Both getting the performance up and putting in more content in.

It might be better to ask, would you pay for an expansion to bring on-foot VR to Odyssey, because that's probably the only way they'll be able to put it in. (Add to that, I don't think they have the expertise at the moment to do walking around VR).

Top Bottom