ANNOUNCEMENT Elite Dangerous | Odyssey: Roadmap

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
Still plenty glitch and bugs on almost all the ships in game. When this issues will be adressed ?Can we at least have a hint about this please ?

Just wantint to point out that it was the 2 year anniversary of this statement. For a number of months after this, communication from Frontier was the best it had ever been since launch in my opinion. The monthly dev updates, issue tracker updates, I thought it was great. Unfortunately it didn't last long. I think it would be awesome if some consideration was given to reinstating these excellent initiatives in some shape or form.
That quantity only really works if also accompanied by monthly releases. If they're on a slower schedule like now, so little information changes between announcements that we don't get anything useful, so it'd just be saying stuff for the sake of it a lot of the time.

For example if you look at the top 10 voted bugs right now:
- two are reported fixed in the U15.02 patch notes
- one was fixed in U15 and just hasn't been closed yet
- one had an attempted fix in U15 but that doesn't seem to have completely solved it
- the remaining six are unlikely to ever be resolved (three are variants on "the 4.0 Odyssey engine has some graphics/performance issues" which are so broadly worded that even if they make improvements they won't "fix" the report, one is ultra-low impact, one is a feature request rather than a bug, and one is an emergent consequence of game design since 1.0 which might cause more trouble than it solves to fix it properly)

So telling us what's happening on the stuck six will just be a "how many synonyms for 'not much' can the CMs produce" contest, and even if they are making some progress we're not likely to see it before U16 ... while for the other four we have been receiving communications about progress through the patch notes, known issue lists, and other ad hoc messages.

Hi
sorry if these were fixed ages ago...... its been some time since i donned my VR headset and so therefore i have not played elite in some months.

so with that out of the way.

have the barnacle forests been fixed yet or do some planets still cause a full on crash?
has CQC been fixed yet so as to now be playable whilst keeping sanity intact?

thanks

It’s a bit unfair to necro this thread. I got all excited when I saw it on the summary page.

And now I’ve just realised I’ve compounded the problem by bumping it to the to
Again.

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom