ANNOUNCEMENT Elite Dangerous | Odyssey: Roadmap

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
Does this mean that once Update 5 drops that there will be no further optimisation on PC until Consoles are ready to receive Odyssey?
I'd like to think the intent of the wording is "we will focus fully on performance after update 5 because we also have to do multi-plat which requires performance improvements anyway" rather than "no more updates after update 5".

If it is the latter, then that is a catastrophically bad decision.

Does this mean that once Update 5 drops that there will be no further optimisation on PC until Consoles are ready to receive Odyssey?
My GPU is runnig at 101.5% power usage constantly in Odyssey... Yet framerates are low...
Nope. They have said incremental optimisations will occur over these updates. When those updates are finished, they will then concentrate on consoles which should include more optimisations.

Finally, we would also like to address the topic of communication. We are aware that many of you have been asking about greater communication, visibility and a change on how we share and update Elite Dangerous moving forward. While we do always try to give as clear a vision for the future as possible, such as Horizons or Beyond season roadmaps, we also must accept that this alone has not hit the mark. Our community have always been the beating heart of Elite Dangerous and we take the feedback very seriously. We are going to be working on new plans and initiatives that we can do to bring you even more in touch with our development progress. Starting with a monthly community update, we will highlight and share the progress that the development team have been making over that month. We will be sharing more details around this, and other initiatives, over the coming weeks.
This bit was the most important for me. A roadmap is a one-time thing. Communication is something that has to be kept up.
Information prevents fires (and gives us "White Knights" more opportunities to counter the hate) ... ;)

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom