ANNOUNCEMENT Elite Dangerous: Odyssey | The Road to Odyssey - Mission Playthrough

Paul_Crowther

Community Manager
Frontier
Greetings Commanders,

In anticipation of the exciting new gameplay features Commanders will first experience during the Alpha phase, we have released a new video showing an Odyssey mission playthrough, which features gameplay captured from a raid mission.

The video shows a team of three Commanders plunge into a daring on-foot raid of a military outpost. Their objective: to disable the power centre and ultimately render the opposing faction powerless!

All three Commanders in the incursion team are specially equipped for their assigned role, selected from the wide range of space suits, weapons and equipment available in Elite Dangerous: Odyssey. Their tactical gear grants them an edge in their assigned tasks, whether it is to infiltrate the base avoiding detection, lay down covering fire if the alarm is raised, hacking, or quickly extract their teammates from a tight spot if enemy forces overwhelm them.

And in case you missed it in the video we are also excited to announce that the Elite Dangerous: Odyssey Alpha will be available for PC from 29 March!

Stay tuned for more Elite Dangerous: Odyssey news soon!

o7

Let's go. I'm ready.

edit - a few questions though:

What will/won't be included in the Alpha? I remember reading that some features would be coming over time.

Will we have clean saves? Will new Odyssey players have a different new player experience?

Also just a note, I'm pretty sure in the gameplay vid, they didn't get to board the ship afterwards, watch the radar 😁

Last edited:
Let the science scanning begin!

iu

A bit rough at places, but it's clearly an alpha. FDev alphas are usually actual alphas, not EA alphas.

Some dissapointments, the weapons don't sound as great as I thought they will. Hopefully they're work on that.
And we already knew the boarding will be a short fade to black, but it still really sucks.

Excited for the alpha anyway!

so "infiltrating" and empty, absolutely lifeless settlement, with watch drones flying over your head apparently oblivious of your presence, then using an assortment of overdesigned and pointless gimmicks to solve the puzzle of the day, then walk out through a braindead collection of zombi bullet sponges ... that's it? not even in a premade demo movie it gets anywhere near exciting ...

i mean, as a hardcore fan i'll be ok with the new planets (they do look nice), but as a fps this is so pathetic that now i'm even concerned that the franchise survives at all if they dare to release this crap. it's going to be a real arxestorm. frontier you are still in time to call this off.

Top Bottom