Elite Dangerous: Odyssey | The Road To Odyssey Part 1 - One Giant Leap

Hello, nice video, but why the "sexist" helmets ?
At around 1:06 the men's helmet has two vertical bars while the female one is round with one horizontal bar. Chest armor begin different I could get behind for "anatomical" reasons, but head and eyes and vision is vastly the same across all 2+ genders of humans, right ? So why do they present it like different genders with different helmets ? And don't go "they couldn't put two guys with variations helmet could they" because of course they could, and also keep one guy and show 4 variations, or put one black man and one white woman (or asian, or latino, or whatever floats your boat) and so on and so forth. but they show us one man, one woman, and the helmets look different.
Plus you get an "ingame" shot afterwards of a female outside of her SRV with what appears to be an imperial gun (white, curved, sleek) that has this exact same weird helmet. so why are women treated differently ?
No judgement or anything, don't want to offend anyone either, just wondering aloud.

KsiHnC9.png

Here, take my money FD, TAKE ALL OF IT! :)

Ozric

Volunteer Moderator
Its a shame we don't get that level of enthusiasm for other parts of the game too though. I'm hoping the following diaries address this, along with other features that dare not speak their names getting love.
I get where you're coming from ;)

Though talking about how valued something is, while at the same time ignoring all of the glaring errors with it sometimes feels worse.

Greetings Commanders,
Greetings...

sorry but NO VR, NO BUY

What I see here will not convince me to buy it without VR compatibility.
I mean... tenuous atmosphere still sounds like a joke in my head to be honest and I can clearly see that the ship interiors argument is largely avoided.

I think the game really needs some cool feature like gameplay inside ships, dramatic atmospheric entry effect and dangerous weather with planets that can potentially destroy your ship if you're not well equipped. The game also need challenge and danger on the planet surface with high risks associated to high rewards (I'm not talking about thargoids). What I see here does not suggest this so I'm not holding my breath...

Maybe for the subset of players who have bought in to VR. For those who have not, flat screen is the way.
This was not the point. The point was that the best way of creating a feeling for actually being there and get that awe-inspiring sense of scale is VR. Having a flat screen a meter away is like watching a documentary in comparison.

I never said flatscreen should not be an option, just that VR is what would best embody all they say they want to convey.

Top Bottom