Elite Dangerous: Odyssey | The Road To Odyssey Part 1 - One Giant Leap

At what time will that stream be?
No time yet, steve usually puts it up about an hour before. Last week it was 11:00am UTC, hopefully the same this time.

No guarantees they have a date, but people will ask them.

E: well no date, I guess Thursdays stream people will ask again. Hopefully next week, but apparently the editing process is time consuming because they are trying to hide a lot, according to arthur, who said he did watch a rough cut.

Last edited:
No time yet, steve usually puts it up about an hour before. Last week it was 11:00am UTC, hopefully the same this time.

E: well no date, I guess Thursdays stream people will ask again. Hopefully next week, but apparently the editing process is time consuming because they are trying to hide a lot, according to arthur, who said he did watch a rough cut.

Ah, frustrating, but I understand. Guess we'll have to wait a little longer....

We are now the 22nd, 5 weeks after the DD#1 which got released on a Tuesday 18 at 13:59.
I was expecting the DD#2 on Tuesday 15 around 2pm as well but nothing came out.
It looks like we won't have the next Dev Diary today Tuesday 22... and I doubt it would happen on a Thursday, so... Tuesday 29th?

It would be excellent to have a schedule, a day when we could expect the news.
Maybe Frontier have some trouble to assemble the video, or someone is on holidays... otherwise they would have shared a clear plan unless it's a "ready when it is" strategy.

Anyway, good luck with the preparation of the DD#2 :)

We are now the 22nd, 5 weeks after the DD#1 which got released on a Tuesday 18 at 13:59.
It looks like we won't have the next Dev Diary today Tuesday 22... and I doubt it would happen on a Thursday, so... Tuesday 29th?

Maybe Frontier have some trouble to assemble the video, or someone is on holidays... otherwise they would have shared a clear plan unless it's a "ready when it is" strategy.

I can imagine that's it's all a bit fluid at the moment due to the pandemic. They probably can't give a fixed time at the moment.

Eh? I genuinely haven't got a clue what you are on about. I was simply putting forward my personal view on why I think VR likely got dropped in Odyssey. What's rude or wrong about that is mystifying.
"Frontier are lazy and incompetent"
I would say Rude is a proper definition

According to Arthur the issue is trying to hide certain aspects because we will analyze it to no end. So editing is very meticulous. He has seen a rough cut so it sounds like they are almost done. Was really hoping it would be this week, but I think you might be right, next Tuesday or the one after.

According to Arthur the issue is trying to hide certain aspects because we will analyze it to no end. So editing is very meticulous. He has seen a rough cut so it sounds like they are almost done. Was really hoping it would be this week, but I think you might be right, next Tuesday or the one after.
True that. We have to analyse everything that's there in detail because that's all we have to go on. The discovery scanner show then just regurgitates the same video and images over and over as well.

It's evident that Frontier does not have a schedule. They release stuff when it's ready. Odyssey was delayed from a November / December 2020 release when they found that they couldn't finish development on time. It's disappointing we still don't have a new dev update while it's almost October.

The lack of weekly sneak peeks with a screenshot is a missed opportunity to hype Odyssey.

Last edited:
It's evident that Frontier does not have a schedule. They release stuff when it's ready. Odyssey was delayed from a November / December 2020 release when they found that they couldn't finish development on time. It's disappointing we still don't have a new dev update while it's almost October.

The lack of weekly sneak peeks with a screenshot is a missed opportunity to hype Odyssey.
I agree for the most part but the cause for the delay has was covid restrictions according to Braben, however he stated that looking back it seemed to have only delayed release by a few days instead of the anticipated months. He also stated that he did not want to release it over the holiday period. So its possible we are looking at a late January release.

Thwarptide

Banned
Yet, they're so lazy and incompetent, you're stuck playing the game you love regardless of the incompetence. (oh, it's a horrible and poorly designed game alright)
I'm beginning to sense some double standards in your logic.

Thwarptide

Banned
PicsArt_09-23-01.21.40.jpg

probably having to air-brush out all the organics and mosses that creep into every frame, nightmare

I would say Rude is a proper definition

You have completely misread the post. I was referring to the fact that many, many posters are defaulting to that tired old assumption that Frontier are useless (in the context of delivering VR for Odyssey) without proper thought or consideration to other factors that may inhibit what Frontier can deliver, hence the quote::

Or of course, you can go down the well-trodden route and say Frontier are lazy and incompetent.....

Hope that clears it up.

Last edited:
And 5 weeks later we are on total radio silence again. Doesn't look all that trustworthy. Don't let me start to speculate what words like
actually mean if you can't even specify a number of "episodes". I mean, 'wishful thinking' we can do on our own, we're pretty good at that already...

Give them a break. they didn't have to create the dev diaries at all, and here you are giving them a good kicking regardless. You have no right to dictate the terms on which Frontier disseminate information about its new releases.

Top Bottom