Elite Dangerous: Odyssey | The Road To Odyssey Part 1 - One Giant Leap

@Frillop Freyraum
Yeah, I was a little sarcastic.
Frankly? I was hoping for one Dev Diary every 2 or 3 weeks showing new things about Odyssey like some spectacular views, weapons in action, planetary hubs, new biological discoveries etc.
Now we got one Dev Diary every 6 weeks (at best). And I'm still hoping that Diaries will appear more often the closer the Odyssey will be released.

Whatever the fans say, if you see the time we've wasted writing, playing, and hoping for things alongside the time Frontier spends on the game, they don't deserve that we love their game so much.

The fact you drag up ARX to try and make a dig at "dev time" shows you seem to be out of touch and have an endless axe to grind more than anything. The type of person who makes companies wary of being fast and loose with their behind the scenes in the public domain.

Lets face it, dev diaries, writing on forums, dreaming, artist impressions etc is just never going to make the optional DLC appear any faster.

The fact you drag up ARX to try and make a dig at "dev time" shows you seem to be out of touch and have an endless axe to grind more than anything. The type of person who makes companies wary of being fast and loose with their behind the scenes in the public domain.

Lets face it, dev diaries, writing on forums, dreaming, artist impressions etc is just never going to make the optional DLC appear any faster.
lol,I know what a forum is, thanks, I do not pretend that they are faster at this point,or put them to work somehow....

just show my disapproval with them, that was my first comment, but seems that some of you can not overcome that.

Well, if we are not getting the next dev diary (combat&co. as they said) within October, expect further delay in release

I can only speak for myself (and sometimes I wish certain others would do the same), but this clearly doesn't sound like just one or two more "episodes" to me, and that's about it.
Those tie in to the categories in the steam page and the press release sent to media, so very likely those are the topics.

We know the 2nd is done just not released yet, thats perhaps the environments one (just guess based on Arthur saying we will see inside stations), so 3 more after that? End October, end November/dec time, maybe the last one after xmas? Seems reasonable.

In plaintext, this would more or less amount to monthly updates. Nothing that currently has much to do with reality as it seems.
It's a matter of perspective, no?

Mine is we know the 2nd was DONE within a month of the first, but has been delayed by apparent edits. So a month - 6 weeks seems like it was the plan.
Yours is ... ? We're two weeks at most late, so doomed?

Still no update.

W7wV18D.gif

If anyone is interested in analysing the update frequency, here's a link to the old Dev update threads. I found them very helpful at the time.

Interesting to be reminded how free they were with info, but also how many things in the updates immediately before Horizons (especially this update) never ended up arriving in the final version. Prison breaks, combat zones over surface sites...

It shows maybe why they've become so tight-lipped over time, and why they answer certain Odyssey-related questions with "we don't know yet". People say "how can they not know, it's just around the corner!" but in fact the same was the case with Horizons, and it genuinely does appear that their workflow leaves some major unknowns in place right up to a few weeks before release.

Okay. Is that 12:00 GMT For UK? Which would mean for me (GMT+1) around 13:00. Because when i looked at UTC it said 12:00 my local time.
I've no idea. I think you are wrong about GMT.

It's at 11:00 UTC, which is 15mins from now.

Here in Sunny (ha ha ha) Scotland it will be 12:00 BST, again 15mins from now. GMT is currently 10:48, GMT+1 (ie BST) is actually 11:48.

Top Bottom