Elite Dangerous: Odyssey | Update 12 Update Notes

Once they get far enough away from the settlement they often just fall through the ground and disappear.
Causing an alert state (atmospheric pressure panel, illegal data downloads while the alarms are still active, powering down a settlement, et cetera) will reset their pathing and have them return to the settlement, even if they are hundreds of meters away already.

Causing an alert state (atmospheric pressure panel, illegal data downloads while the alarms are still active, powering down a settlement, et cetera) will reset their pathing and have them return to the settlement, even if they are hundreds of meters away already.
Hmm, I don't think this has ever worked for me in the past. I invariably turn off the alarms quite early, but powering down the settlement is then the last thing I do and on one recent occasion I then chased after the final NPC in my SRV (over 1 km away, so not showing on the suit scanner at all) and found she was still heading away from me.
Maybe only guards get their pathing reset? (If I recall correctly, that particular NPC was a civilian.)

Maybe only guards get their pathing reset? (If I recall correctly, that particular NPC was a civilian.)
Perhaps the results are as intermittent as the bug causing the NPCs to walk away, because the most recent one I had to chase down was a civilian and there was certainly an alarmed reaction and subsequent 180 when the settlement powered down a mere 800 meters behind us.

Hmm, I don't think this has ever worked for me in the past. I invariably turn off the alarms quite early, but powering down the settlement is then the last thing I do and on one recent occasion I then chased after the final NPC in my SRV (over 1 km away, so not showing on the suit scanner at all) and found she was still heading away from me.
I killed the 15 by on foot combat. Checked terminal after and no staff existed, took the power regulator, waited outside and it was a no show. Reminds me of Tinder...

I killed the 15 by on foot combat. Checked terminal after and no staff existed, took the power regulator, waited outside and it was a no show. Reminds me of Tinder...
Yeah, I think they show up on the terminal even at pretty long range (not sure if there's a limit) so #16 was probably already dead...

UI
  • Fixed weapons being ordered incorrectly at Pioneer Supplies.
  • Fixed a server error appearing when selling some modified suits.
  • Weapon reload speed is now correctly reported as a multiplier, not seconds (e.g. 1x vs 1.25x) as reload speed mods were incorrectly implying they increased reload time.
  • We no longer show settlement info when disembarking at places that are not owned or controlled by a faction.
  • Adjusted the right-hand panel of the options menu to allow for scrolling, so cut-off descriptions can be viewed in their entirety.
  • Improved readability of text on the Carrier Management dashboard's banner.
  • Made sure HUD rings weapon overheats always reset to the correct text colour.
  • Updated squadrons applicant list, the button will remain enabled even with no applicants, with a message displaying 'no applicants' to prevent the UI from getting into a weird state.
  • Multiple icon changes in the various mission panels so that the correct icon size variants are used, preventing them from looking blurry or low-resolution.
  • Fixed the boarding panel/express lift UI displaying placeholder information briefly when opened.
  • The right-hand cockpit panel will now be correctly focused when opening the transfer UI.
  • Made sure all station contact menus are closed properly when necessary, prevents an issue where they would still be visible when closing the game.
  • Remove the quick-plot route delay on carriers, it should now plot correctly on the first time.
  • We now show all galaxy map search results rather than filtering out duplicates, this prevents edge cases where some results could have the same name and we'd erroneously hide one.
  • Mission help popups now correctly listen to the 'back' keybinding.
  • Fixed an issue where text formatting tags would sometimes be displayed in the info panel.
  • Added voice/wing icons to the on-foot HUD in the bottom left, and also made them visible in social spaces.
  • Separation of overdraw bar in outfitting for retracted and deployed into their own bars.
  • Fixed a variety of truncation issues in multiple UIs.
  • Fixed errant multicrew/team markers showing up while not in multicrew turret view.
  • Fixed various issues with the private group menu including an issue which may have caused your own private group to show as not created if you are a member of many groups.
  • Fixed role switch panel improperly updating AI rank when taking over from a multicrew pilot.
  • Frontline enlistment system map mode now shows player criminality status on conflict zones.
  • Fixed an issue to hide rotation button prompts in carrier interior livery screen as these bindings cannot be used.
  • Fixed an issue to ensure the vessel pane of the internal panel updates properly between ship, SRV, and fighter when transitioning between vessels.
  • Players in training simulations will now appear as such in friends lists.
  • Fix promotion inbox animations for Elite I-V displaying as one rank lower.
  • Fix some crime stats not always updating.
  • Telepresence guests will no longer send or receive chat messages based on their physical location.

I don't see it here, so is it intentional or a bug that we can no longer access our ship's panels while a station/carrier board is open? Makes sharing massacre missions at turn in a huge PITA when stacking with the sqdmates.

It's listed as a known issue in the first hotfix thread.
Issue tracker entry: https://issues.frontierstore.net/issue-detail/50353

(Still works correctly in Horizons, only affects Odyssey.)
This note came as a surprise to me. I didn’t know that the ship UI:s are available while the station services are open. Now I’m glad that I don’t have to switch headlook off every time I use station services with the mouse, but still I might try the simultaneous multi-UI operation, because players say it’s practical.

The "Pre-Engineered" Frame Shift Drives obtained through recent in-game events can now have experimental effects applied.
  • This change also includes descriptions, tooltips, and fixes to various UI flows for many other pre-engineered modules allowing Commanders to better identify which modules are pre-engineered and if they will accept any further modification.
  • The development and customer support teams would like to thank everyone who waited patiently for this fix.
Hi !

I just tried to add an experimental effect to a FSD I obtained during the last CG and the game still said it was not possible.
Didn't see someone talking about it in this thread (I admit I didn't read the 50 pages), does someone know if it is normal and I'm doing something wrong? Or is this a bug and I should try to report it?

Check the existing (confirmed) issues first instead of just opening new ones all the time, there has been one for this issue pretty much since U12 dropped.

Ditto, pay attention before giving your brain fade advice to the bug number linked and which one was first reported.

I searched for light and issue tracker returned the issue number I logged against, which is an existing issue (compare the dates to be doubly sure if you don't understand ticketing number aging)

Your referenced issue didn't return in the search.

Try to be more constructive.

Last edited:
Ditto, pay attention before giving your brain fade advice to the bug number linked and which one was first reported.

I searched for light and issue tracker returned the issue number I logged against, which is an existing issue (compare the dates to be doubly sure if you don't understand ticketing number aging)

Your referenced issue didn't return in the search.

Try to be more constructive.
My apologies, I didn't know you were search engine challenged. I'll try to not link confirmed issues and instead just contribute to the unconfirmed one instead next time. Thank you!

Top Bottom