Elite Dangerous: Odyssey | Update 12 Update Notes

Why so many bugs and fixes to corect them in the first place, if it was a car, would have been taken off the market by now, have you given up on this game Frontier, because you seem to break things everytime you bring something out. This game used to be exciting, but now its just questionable. Bring content out, Bring the panther clipper out, bring out other ships, weps, things to do, you have an entire galaxy to play with to add content so just do it and make it exciting again for players. We cant all just mine or trade and have occasional pew pew'sm or explore planets that mostly look the same. Content, Content, Content.
There are new things to do with the narrative, CGs, events, and more to come since consoles' development was halted in favour of developing narrative. More ships/weapons won't really keep anyone occupied for long. This is a sandbox game - join a squadron and do BGS with them!

Before.jpg
After.jpg
Mine seems to have gone up nearly 20 million credits this week. Hope FD can sort this out and roll it back for everyone.

Why so many bugs and fixes to corect them in the first place, if it was a car, would have been taken off the market by now,
Lol, no. Every single car model is released to the market with a list of known issues. With some brands, like Renault or Tesla, it tends to be an extensive list of known issues. The only thing that will prevent a car from hitting the market is a known safety issue, any other category will typically be a "we'll fix it in later batches" or "we'll fix it in a later model".

Anyone else getting orange sidewinder errors since the update? I consistently get them when attempting to take an Apex to one of the new illegal settlement defense missions, and the only way to clear it is to log in to Horizons.

EDIT: It turns out it had nothing to do with Apex or the new mission, it was happening any time I tried to land on a planet. Downgrading AMD GPU drivers from 22.5.2 to 22.5.1 fixes this. https://forums.frontier.co.uk/threa...dyssey-to-run-with-the-22-5-2-drivers.603678/

Last edited:
I think the server hamsters need feeding.

I had to reinstall Windows this morning (urrrgh) and have been trying to download Odyssey for the past four hours. The first time took three hours, but wouldn't finish with less than a minute to go, even with the multithreaded download and validation unchecked as per their troubleshooting. So dumped the folder and am on round two... one hour down and FIVE to go according to the installer. (And this is on gigabit internet)

I think the server hamsters need feeding.

I had to reinstall Windows this morning (urrrgh) and have been trying to download Odyssey for the past four hours. The first time took three hours, but wouldn't finish with less than a minute to go, even with the multithreaded download and validation unchecked as per their troubleshooting. So dumped the folder and am on round two... one hour down and FIVE to go according to the installer. (And this is on gigabit internet)

Try cancelling the partial install & validate files from the launcher instead.

One CTD while requesting landing permission at a settlement in my own ship, then another CTD at the same settlement when changing the Apex destination with the Target panel. I didn't have any problems at this settlement earlier this week. Just too random.

Was the mining bug coming in update 12 mentioned before me? (I just checked a few pages back and no info)
If you also do mining, please reply to the ticket to make the verification process faster.

It is a bit frustrating that with every patch something, just what we would like to do is ruined :LOL:
In previous patch I started to finally collect materials for engineering, when the SRV could only pick up only the first item, then it was bugged.
Now me and my brother cannot do mining...
Or, to be honest, we could, but we have to detonate the same asteroid twice. Once him and then me, doubling the void opal particles. Easy money (a bit cheating) but completely ruins the purpose of mining :cautious:

See what? 23 FPS on foot? You f..ing joking?

RTX 2060 @ 2560×1080, i7-8700K, 32 GB Ram

For comparsion: Cyberpunk 80--140 FPS, looks smooth, antialiasing is okey, lighting is great. Here? Edgy .

Attachments

• 359320_20220619232314_1.png
    359320_20220619232314_1.png
    2.3 MB · Views: 86
  • 359320_20220619232259_1.png
    359320_20220619232259_1.png
    2 MB · Views: 78
Odyssey is marketed as an optional DLC, yet so many people treat it like it's a mandatory replacement for Horizons. I don't understand this.
Now it may be the plan has changed............... but whilst this is technically true at the moment, it isnt meant to be the case. The plan WAS (and until i hear otherwise still IS) to merge the 2 so that everyone will be using the ED:O platform just with people without the DLC restricted to what they can do in it. i actually want this to hurry up so i can play with friends again without having to install the game twice........... but until FD fix the issues i understand why it cant happen yet. (but it is over a year and for now their "optional" DLC has completely fractured the game, which is a shame imo. (and it affects me less than most as i dont mind being alone most of the time - which is why i havent complained about it)

Last edited:
Now it may be the plan has changed............... but whilst this is technically true at the moment, it isnt meant to be the case. The plan WAS (and until i hear otherwise still IS) to merge the 2 so that everyone will be using the ED:O platform just with people without the DLC restricted to what they can do in it. i actually want this to hurry up so i can play with friends again without having to install the game twice........... but until FD fix the issues i understand why it cant happen yet. (but it is over a year and for now their "optional" DLC has completely fractured the game, which is a shame imo. (and it affects me less than most as i dont mind being alone most of the time - which is why i havent complained about it)
Oh yes, I'm well aware of the looming "threat" of Odyssey Lite. But with Frontier pledged to continue support for Legacy Horizons on console, and the notable absence of Odyssey Lite from the recent roadmap, I'm not too worried about losing Legacy Horizons on PC just yet. The day will come, though, this I don't doubt.

Top Bottom