Elite Dangerous: Odyssey Update 3

Pressing F10 slowly recovers older FPS, but pressing it like 3 times fast - which will happen if F10 is bound to something like weapon switch, still kills FPS permanent.
Make screenshots not hard bound to F10, allow to change.

Glad to report that my in-game FPS is now a solid 60fps everywhere (stations, settlements, planets).
It drops only slightly to 50-55fps in the station hangar when moving to my ship/taxi.
This is a 10-15fps improvement over what I was seeing pre-Patch 3 so many thanks to the Devs.

This holo-me talk just reminded me. Are characters still going to have the creepy smile in the portrait when they're wearing anything but a flight suit?

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

@sallymorganmoore Thanks for all your work this morning and thanks for the update notes.

Just one thing... Can you please nudge someone to find out when they're planning on letting us find Smear Campaign Plans so we can finally unlock Yarden Bond? :) No one has seen a single one of these in three weeks!

You must be right then. I'll go delete the bug report.
(Don't worry FD, I'm not going to delete the bug report)
Maybe it's because I'm in Anarchy space or something.

I noticed that you disembark, then put your e-breaches back into the ship's storage.

Animage puts their e-breaches into ship's storage, then disembarks.

I think that's what's making the difference - you're getting out on foot with e-breaches in your loadout, Animage isn't.

Sorry I can't test this myself, doing work for a few more hours!

Deleted member 115407

D
I noticed that you disembark, then put your e-breaches back into the ship's storage.

I think that's what's making the difference - you're getting out on foot with e-breaches in your loadout, Animage isn't.

I'll go back and watch his.
In mine, I disembarked as my first action after login (other than changing my suit). It was the same, however, with my artemis suit.

edit - I think Animage just demonstrates that they aren't in his inventory when he's sitting in the ship.
It very well could be that I am in a place where they aren't illegal. Unfortunately, I am 500 Ly away from any civilized space to test the theory.

I didn't put the e-breaches anywhere.. I merely showed that I switched loadouts and that I do have them in storage. Then disembark and not even presented with an option to ressuply until I use an energy cell... ( It seemed very clear from the footage)

Its sad to read this... No visual planet updates, too?
To say it looks worse than Horizons as a blanket statement is simple wrong. Don't listen to this kind of hyperbolic statement.

It looks bad when glitches appear and broken rendering.

Though I would say it varies in times from looking average to very nice indeed, when everything is working.

Very much appreciated, Stella work, thank you.

‘Who shoots at the mid-day sun, though he be sure he shall never hit the mark, yet as sure he is he shall shoot higher than who aims but at a bush’. P Sidney 1593.

Last edited:
Wow! Just wow!! Thank you @sallymorganmoore and @Zac Cocken and all the Community Team, this is precisely the type of interaction that goes a long way, also we just love nattering with you so thanks for being here! :) Please make mucho positive noises to those who want to hear such positive noises for your change of approach!

Now to business..
The Item wheel is still inverted on the Horizontal axis when using a controller. It has been this way since day 1 of Alpha and has been highlighted many times, it really breaks the ability to use it correctly. Here is the issue on the current build of Odyssey issue tracker:

The Jetpack doesn't work correctly when using an xbox controller.. it won't accept long presses so just gives one short spurt, not enough to satisfy until you press it again and again. it results in rapid tapping but doesn't gain the height of a long press nor the control which means a controller user is at a serious disadvantage.. can't even jump ontop of me ship at times!

Thanks once again guys, you're doin a bang-up job, stay safe an keep well!

Deleted member 115407

D
It may be that the game is looking at your loadout when you disembark as a reference on what to resupply with you with.
I'll try it later and report back!
Yeah. Give it a shot in both Anarchy and Lawful space. See if it makes a difference on what is included in the loadout by default.

Top Bottom