Elite Dangerous: Odyssey Update 3

I notice they fixed the culling issue that made a wall in the station vanishing allow me to see the landing pads etc - unfortunately that bug proved that no culling is happening because my frames actually went up by 2 fps when the wall was missing and I was looking out into the station, when the wall was drawn I got 2 fps less!! now the wall doesn't vanish and I still only get about 30FPS - meaning the game is still drawing all the stuff in the barrel of station that I can't actually see because I'm down by the turbo lifts looking at a pain wall.

I still only 20FPS when I look out of the window in the pioneer store towards the concourse and get about 32fps when standing the other side of the window looking at the view.

Also space is still too dark, I almost flew into a planet! I literally couldn't see it - I only noticed I was no seeing stars ahead and just managed to pull up in time!

FYI: I tested the update in the station before and after upgrading to the current Nvidia driver from the previous version - no difference at all in FPS.

Deleted member 38366

D
Hm, I'm seeing the blue Artemis Exobiologist Suit being more complete now - it's still missing its Helmet though.

Other than that, things run a tad smoother now, much appreciated.

Hello! One for the issue tracker if you have time please! Thanks millions! https://issues.frontierstore.net/issue-detail/37010
Would love to though uneventful to date. Reported cases like this and other issues in Issue Tracker. Since May, all issues reported, with those including multiple player additions confirming reproducible, all remain in Confirming state.

Though a great effort for development and QA for the list of issues in the previous and current update releases. Well done.

Last edited:
Thanks for the update Sally. The team have been busy! I'm loving Odyssey and I really appreciate all the hard work the team are putting into it. Please pass on my thanks to the whole team. :)

All the Turncoat jackets are now black and white. Looks like the roughness map was mistaken for albedo.

Vg288Kd.png

So far my game's performance is improving now, i can get more than 30 - 40 FPS while in settlement and more than 70 FPS while in space, and most of my settings are on High except Shadow~

Its not perfect but its definitely improving for my PC (mind you, my PC arent that powerful : Ryzen 5 2600, GTX 1060 6Gb, 16Gb RAM).

Other than that, all the updates and fixes are very welcoming and i hope for the best. :)

Some pictures of bugs I reported. Plus some decals visible when you're crouching. Is this the bug you people were talking about? Also, some NPCs parts (sometimes) are not fully rendered, especially helmets and breast plates.

Attachments

• odyssey breast 1.png
    odyssey breast 1.png
    1,005.3 KB · Views: 58
  • odyssey dbx insides.png
    odyssey dbx insides.png
    545.4 KB · Views: 59
  • odyssey decals 2.png
    odyssey decals 2.png
    426.4 KB · Views: 50
  • odyssey flight suit 1.png
    odyssey flight suit 1.png
    373.1 KB · Views: 48
  • odyssey render helmet.png
    odyssey render helmet.png
    456.5 KB · Views: 62
Any chance of a VR heading in the list of updates. If no fixes you could just write 'we hate you' in the empty space...
But so far we have (confirmed in the bug tracker) invisible rocks, free camera not working, locked horizons for the SRV, DSS (someone downstream <backthread?> said this was fixed - not checked yet), FSS orbit lines... just off the top of my head.

o7 and good to see the lines of communications opening.

sallymorganmoore

Community Manager : Elite Dangerous
Frontier
Would love to though uneventful to date. Reported cases like this and other issues in Issue Tracker. Since May, all issues reported, with those including multiple player additions confirming reproducible, all remain in Confirming state.

Though a great effort for development and QA for the list of issues in the previous and current update releases. Well done.

It can get very congested in there BUT I'm here now so if you have anything you want eyes on - now's a chance for me to take a sprint on it and see what's going on at least! Happy to help how I can o7

sallymorganmoore

Community Manager : Elite Dangerous
Frontier
Some pictures of bugs I reported. Plus some decals visible when you're crouching. Is this the bug you people were talking about? Also, some NPCs parts (sometimes) are not fully rendered, especially helmets and breast plates.

Pictures are FAB but links to tickets will help me so very very very much more with making sure things get run through for you guys o7 Really appreciate this!

Top Bottom