Elite Dangerous: Odyssey Update 3

• NPCs highlighted on the staff list in settlement terminals should no longer show up on the radar
Hi, thanks for the long list of updates, it's well appreciated. The above issue makes me worry, though (it's still downloading so i can't check for myself). Does this mean that when we're looking for our assassination target we can no longer use the Terminals to highlight them? I hope I'm wrong in my deduction and we don't have to search the whole settlement for our target.

sallymorganmoore

Community Manager : Elite Dangerous
Frontier
Is there ever going to be any sort of feedback for things in issue tracker? Extremely bored and frustrated that most problems just seem to go there and die - not just with Odyssey, since forever.

Once more though - Using the L or R stick to navigate on an Xbox controller in the FSS and System Map moves slowly when going diagonally. I've tested this on 2 different PCs, 2 different controllers. If I simply load Horizons instead of Odyssey, it works fine. Am I the only one that sees this? I know it sounds like a small thing, but it's maddening. Issue already opened here.

Hey there - I'll run with this for a bit of a chat. Thanks for nudging on it.

Sally, I know its a busy day for you, but any update on the planet tech? Is it currently working as intended, or is stuff still to be implemented? Thanks!
As confirmed by Arthur this Tuesday, it is currently not working as intended and will be improved by the end of June.

Very nice! Thanks!

Are the weird body colors in the FSS on anyone's radar? Water Worlds are red, while Red Dwarfs are blue, for example.

Sally,

Are you going to get a big ol' Odyssey tattoo once this update is finally nailed?

More importantly, are you going to shame to boys into getting the same?

Especially young Zac, he looks fresh :D

Wow. Almost everyone's happy here. That's a first. Yay! :D
Maybe cause there is real response from FDev and no silent denial. Good first step. We will see if it lasts. And if this mean anything more than acknowledge and response - like actual fixing small bugs - not only huge ones.
People get mad when they talk about their issue and there is zero response. Even when it gets fixed right after - person would really feel ignored.

Hi, thanks for the long list of updates, it's well appreciated. The above issue makes me worry, though (it's still downloading so i can't check for myself). Does this mean that when we're looking for our assassination target we can no longer use the Terminals to highlight them? I hope I'm wrong in my deduction and we don't have to search the whole settlement for our target.
I think it means that you can still tag an individual with a HUD marker. But no longer will you be able to make people permanent pips on your radar just by selecting them from the settlement terminal.

To be fair, the ability to make ourselves omniscient made settlement missions way too easy.

sallymorganmoore

Frontier
SRV paints don't seem to have been changed at all despite the patch notes. A bunch(Stygian, Golden and the Iridescent) still aren't painting half of the SRV and Golden is still a pale yellow.

Hullo!! Would adore an issue tracker ticket for this if you get a sec You can pass it through to me after if you like!

sallymorganmoore

Frontier
Great! But quite a few people are wondering what happened to rock scatter? It seems borked somehow. Also ravines visible from space fade out as you approach ground level, only to disappear? Which is weird. It's like they flatten out as you approach. And the glorious canyons! NOooooo! They packed up and headed to the rolling hills. I studied Planetary dynamics, and I love it just as much as you, so I understand the science. (I would love to chat about it!) If you get the time later, could you throw a thread up and tell us how you are getting on?
Remember how proud Slarty was of his Fjord's!

An update thread sounds like a fair idea! In the meantime, if anything is in the tracker that's glaringly troublesome and looking unloved - feel free to pass on now. Thanks!

sallymorganmoore

Frontier
Not sure if this has been there all along or not but https://issues.frontierstore.net/issue-detail/38186 - Habitat dataports showing up in places they shouldn't.

Could well be a reason why so many players are finding getting the right materials is too grindy.

Hmmm...interesting. Ok I'll take a look for sure. Let's see if something strange is going on under there. Thanks for nudging it along!

Sally, was anything patched on console? Particularly the fleet carrier jump crash issue? Thank you for working hard especially from Home! 😇

sallymorganmoore

Frontier
Amazing list! Do you guys have any idea when Neutron stars are fixed? 🤣 They look so silly as bright, washed out white balls and hurt my beauty-spoiled eyes. 🤣

Do you know what? I was playing the other day and I thought the exact same!! One burned my face off almost, but then another was fine.....innnteresting. Have you had it happen often? If so, and if you could grab a screenshot/video in a ticket - that'd be great!

Thank you team for your hard work! Absolutely LOVING a lot of these fixes and improvements!

Something that I don't think was mentioned in the list, but which I could SWEAR has been improved, is that now it feels like the data port download times seem to be much more reasonable? If you guys did indeed tweak those download times, thank you very much as the previous download times were overly long sometimes.

Also, I could swear I saw a globe icon popup on my Transaction panel indicating which on-foot missions had been completed which is FANTASTIC! The only problem is that I saw it briefly, and haven't seen it since. So there may be bugs relating to it still.

I'd like to also suggest a little QoL improvement for figuring out whether a terminal or consumables is indoors when you are outside and vica versa by displaying those icons that are in the same environment with full opacity and those that are not at 25% opacity.

Radar.jpg

Attachments

• Radar.jpg
    Radar.jpg
    526.4 KB · Views: 8
Great! But quite a few people are wondering what happened to rock scatter? It seems borked somehow.
Rock scatter is pretty glorious actually. Apart from the occasional invisible rocks (more now I heard.)
I love how rocks are not just randomly strewn across a planet but that there are different areas differently affected, like ravines where they gather and different shapes and sizes randomly scattered in groups.
I always look for scatter rocks when screenshooting and love them to bits actually.

Top Bottom