Elite Dangerous: Odyssey Update 3

I have no clue what causes some of us to play core mining with success, while others crash the game.
Just search the issue tracker, there are post's there, also one I have reported on.

I think my computer should handle odyssey pretty good. RTX 3070, 48GB RAM, i9 10850 CPU, 2xM.2 SSD 1TB.
I did clear that graphics directory Frontier adviced us to do to gain more performance.

Glad you at least can have fun.

Regards

Interesting. Same card, but you even have way more RAM than I. So too little RAM can be excluded here. Do you get a hard crash that triggers a crash report and send it? That's the only hope for now I guess... And no, I don't feel comfortable if something works for me but not for others. I was too often on the other side of the fence to simply shrug that away.

Last edited:
Does it? Not here. But it did when I ran two 1070s in SLI so that part of the configuration surprises me. I had to stick to a single but no issues overclocking. Recently upgraded to a 3060 RLX, again overclocked with no problems.
If I over clock MY 1080ti memory, elite will crash, every thing else works OK. I have a 3080ti on it ways to me, so will be testing that out soon.

There's a lot of improvement, but it's still unplayable in team : syncronization issues, messed up damage, sudden drops of FPS ... and a lot more.

Are Arx rewards for things like first footfalls retroactive? I've made MANY first footfalls already, it would be nice if i got the reward for it.

Known Issues
  • When entering the CMDR panel via the access UI, the player will be unable to back out, causing a soft-lock
Tip: If you happen to get trapped in that soft-lock, press Windows-D to show the desktop, then right-click the Odyssey icon on the task bar and choose "Close window". This will allow you to log out and return to the game's main menu in a "clean" way, without killing the process and restarting the game.

Thanks for all the hard work, and I know there's a lot more to come.

Incremental performance increase, so that's nice, and I can now back out of the 'Missions' menu to the Starport menu. Haven't tried out the new foot outfitting yet. No longer getting the CTD within the first 2 minutes or so of the first attempt to play, but did have a soft lock entering Witch Space. Skimmers no longer seem targetable from Ship, even when hostile and shooting at me.

Ranking Up still seems broken - From before patch
1623370006261.png
1623370031698.png

After Patch

1623370061341.png
1623370079706.png

Relogging and even going into Horizons still shows as Squire.

This massive frame rate drop is still present when looking through store windows. (A problem with the player's reflection, maybe? Only seems to happen front-on, not at an oblique angle.)

Looking in through the door, 60fps.

20210602093529_1.jpg

Move left 3 paces, look in through the window, 36fps:

20210602093542_1.jpg

Same at Vista Genomics. Looking through the door, 60fps (as with most of the station interior):

20210602093822_1.jpg

Look through the window into the same store, 30fps.

20210602093811_1.jpg

This is repeatable, and also happens with interior windows in settlement buildings.

This massive frame rate drop is still present when looking through store windows. (A problem with the player's reflection, maybe? Only seems to happen front-on, not at an oblique angle.)

View attachment 238907

View attachment 238908

Same at Vista Genomics. Looking through the door, 60fps (as with most of the station interior):

View attachment 238909

View attachment 238911

This is repeatable, and also happens with interior windows in settlement buildings.
Interesting. Doesn't happen to me though. Stays roughly around 69-80 FPS in all those scenarios.

View attachment 238907

View attachment 238908

View attachment 238909

View attachment 238911

Interesting. Doesn't happen to me though. Stays roughly around 69-80 FPS in all those scenarios.
Can confirm frame rate drop with the windows. Typically drops about 10-15 FPS, bearing in mind that on the concourse, I'm normally around 40 FPS with my GTX980

Can confirm frame rate drop with the windows. Typically drops about 10-15 FPS, bearing in mind that on the concourse, I'm normally around 40 FPS with my GTX980
My guess is that it'll be to do with the hardware - whatever processes the window is handling must be trivial for my card (3060ti)

I thought I was dreaming, but another guy in another topic confirmed - game started to miss textrures/objects again, i.e. loot is not drawn. That was fixed early by allowing to use system RAM. Now same bug is back but not so often as it was.

My guess is that it'll be to do with the hardware - whatever processes the window is handling must be trivial for my card (3060ti)

I have a 1660Ti with most settings on Low or Medium, some on High.

I'm guessing it's player reflection, so I messed around with outfitting, removed my avatar's glasses (double reflections?) and so on, but none of it made any difference.

Top Bottom