Elite Dangerous: Odyssey Update 3

Invisible rocks still an issue :
Screenshot_0005.jpg

Hello! We are still very much on the road of progress and improvement across all areas of the game, and I for one won't say anything is final until we know it is. We're still taking feedback from all areas, planet tech very much included, and making really good progress with the update schedule (we have 2 more to go yet!). Thanks!
Great! But quite a few people are wondering what happened to rock scatter? It seems borked somehow. Also ravines visible from space fade out as you approach ground level, only to disappear? Which is weird. It's like they flatten out as you approach. And the glorious canyons! NOooooo! They packed up and headed to the rolling hills. I studied Planetary dynamics, and I love it just as much as you, so I understand the science. (I would love to chat about it!) If you get the time later, could you throw a thread up and tell us how you are getting on?
Remember how proud Slarty was of his Fjord's!

It can get very congested in there BUT I'm here now so if you have anything you want eyes on - now's a chance for me to take a sprint on it and see what's going on at least! Happy to help how I can o7
So, in case you’re still here, could you pretty please have a look at this? https://issues.frontierstore.net/issue-detail/35846
It’s something that is quite important to a probably very small percentage of players, so I’m afraid it will expire before it can get the 10 votes required for confirmation!

sallymorganmoore

Senior Community Manager : Elite Dangerous
Thanks for the update, FDev, and for taking care of "us", Sally - I really do not envy you your job. :)
I'd like to know where on your roadmap the "disappearing NPC crew members" are (right now, it does not make sense to hire and use any), and if we could expect to get our beloved AI crew back.
I'm referring to these issues (only two links, there are more issues open on the same, well, issue):
Thanks!

You're very welcome, Anantyanta! Ok so disappearing crew members is no fun at all....I can take a look and get some thoughts but hold tight on further updates to the issues. It might take a little bit but glad you passed them on :)

sallymorganmoore

Hi Sally,

It looks like you haven't slept much since yesterday. This thread started at 3:30 AM and you're still at it. <EDIT: I have just been informed the browser does account for time zones. Still, thanks for hanging here with us>

We love the updates, we love the open communication and responses, but that shouldn't come at the expense of any FDev employee. Please pace yourselves!

Now back to our regularly scheduled program: complaining :p Please add my vote for VR anything. I'll settle for a mention of VR, a date, a date for a date, a blank section of the patch update called "VR". Something to tell us where we are in the line. If VR will be closer to console release date, that's fine, too. Something, anything. Thanks!

Forgive me if I'm completely replying a second time! There was a very similar post before I took lunch and I worry it was yours I already replied to haha!
Regarding VR - Absolutely seeing the feedback. VR is a unique development world all of its own, so we really need to digest the thoughts further. This doesn't mean to say we shouldn't update you with SOMETHING, but just want to get that something accurate. Thanks for holding on with it.

• NPCs highlighted on the staff list in settlement terminals should no longer show up on the radar
Hi, thanks for the long list of updates, it's well appreciated. The above issue makes me worry, though (it's still downloading so i can't check for myself). Does this mean that when we're looking for our assassination target we can no longer use the Terminals to highlight them? I hope I'm wrong in my deduction and we don't have to search the whole settlement for our target.

sallymorganmoore

Is there ever going to be any sort of feedback for things in issue tracker? Extremely bored and frustrated that most problems just seem to go there and die - not just with Odyssey, since forever.

Once more though - Using the L or R stick to navigate on an Xbox controller in the FSS and System Map moves slowly when going diagonally. I've tested this on 2 different PCs, 2 different controllers. If I simply load Horizons instead of Odyssey, it works fine. Am I the only one that sees this? I know it sounds like a small thing, but it's maddening. Issue already opened here.

Hey there - I'll run with this for a bit of a chat. Thanks for nudging on it.

Sally, I know its a busy day for you, but any update on the planet tech? Is it currently working as intended, or is stuff still to be implemented? Thanks!
As confirmed by Arthur this Tuesday, it is currently not working as intended and will be improved by the end of June.

Very nice! Thanks!

Are the weird body colors in the FSS on anyone's radar? Water Worlds are red, while Red Dwarfs are blue, for example.

Sally,

Are you going to get a big ol' Odyssey tattoo once this update is finally nailed?

More importantly, are you going to shame to boys into getting the same?

Especially young Zac, he looks fresh :D

Wow. Almost everyone's happy here. That's a first. Yay! :D
Maybe cause there is real response from FDev and no silent denial. Good first step. We will see if it lasts. And if this mean anything more than acknowledge and response - like actual fixing small bugs - not only huge ones.
People get mad when they talk about their issue and there is zero response. Even when it gets fixed right after - person would really feel ignored.

Top Bottom