Elite Dangerous: Odyssey Update 3

Deleted member 115407

D
Hi, thanks for the long list of updates, it's well appreciated. The above issue makes me worry, though (it's still downloading so i can't check for myself). Does this mean that when we're looking for our assassination target we can no longer use the Terminals to highlight them? I hope I'm wrong in my deduction and we don't have to search the whole settlement for our target.
I think it means that you can still tag an individual with a HUD marker. But no longer will you be able to make people permanent pips on your radar just by selecting them from the settlement terminal.

To be fair, the ability to make ourselves omniscient made settlement missions way too easy.

sallymorganmoore

Senior Community Manager : Elite Dangerous
SRV paints don't seem to have been changed at all despite the patch notes. A bunch(Stygian, Golden and the Iridescent) still aren't painting half of the SRV and Golden is still a pale yellow.

Hullo!! Would adore an issue tracker ticket for this if you get a sec You can pass it through to me after if you like!

sallymorganmoore

Great! But quite a few people are wondering what happened to rock scatter? It seems borked somehow. Also ravines visible from space fade out as you approach ground level, only to disappear? Which is weird. It's like they flatten out as you approach. And the glorious canyons! NOooooo! They packed up and headed to the rolling hills. I studied Planetary dynamics, and I love it just as much as you, so I understand the science. (I would love to chat about it!) If you get the time later, could you throw a thread up and tell us how you are getting on?
Remember how proud Slarty was of his Fjord's!

An update thread sounds like a fair idea! In the meantime, if anything is in the tracker that's glaringly troublesome and looking unloved - feel free to pass on now. Thanks!

sallymorganmoore

Not sure if this has been there all along or not but https://issues.frontierstore.net/issue-detail/38186 - Habitat dataports showing up in places they shouldn't.

Could well be a reason why so many players are finding getting the right materials is too grindy.

Hmmm...interesting. Ok I'll take a look for sure. Let's see if something strange is going on under there. Thanks for nudging it along!

Sally, was anything patched on console? Particularly the fleet carrier jump crash issue? Thank you for working hard especially from Home! 😇

sallymorganmoore

Amazing list! Do you guys have any idea when Neutron stars are fixed? 🤣 They look so silly as bright, washed out white balls and hurt my beauty-spoiled eyes. 🤣

Do you know what? I was playing the other day and I thought the exact same!! One burned my face off almost, but then another was fine.....innnteresting. Have you had it happen often? If so, and if you could grab a screenshot/video in a ticket - that'd be great!

Thank you team for your hard work! Absolutely LOVING a lot of these fixes and improvements!

Something that I don't think was mentioned in the list, but which I could SWEAR has been improved, is that now it feels like the data port download times seem to be much more reasonable? If you guys did indeed tweak those download times, thank you very much as the previous download times were overly long sometimes.

Also, I could swear I saw a globe icon popup on my Transaction panel indicating which on-foot missions had been completed which is FANTASTIC! The only problem is that I saw it briefly, and haven't seen it since. So there may be bugs relating to it still.

I'd like to also suggest a little QoL improvement for figuring out whether a terminal or consumables is indoors when you are outside and vica versa by displaying those icons that are in the same environment with full opacity and those that are not at 25% opacity.

Radar.jpg

Attachments

• Radar.jpg
    Radar.jpg
    526.4 KB · Views: 49
Great! But quite a few people are wondering what happened to rock scatter? It seems borked somehow.
Rock scatter is pretty glorious actually. Apart from the occasional invisible rocks (more now I heard.)
I love how rocks are not just randomly strewn across a planet but that there are different areas differently affected, like ravines where they gather and different shapes and sizes randomly scattered in groups.
I always look for scatter rocks when screenshooting and love them to bits actually.

sallymorganmoore

Sally, was anything patched on console? Particularly the fleet carrier jump crash issue? Thank you for working hard especially from Home! 😇

Hello!! So I am absolutely on the case for these reports of console crashes when jumping. These were not patched for console but we really do need to investigate. I've got someone digging, but rest assured I've spun it up today for a deeper look.
You're totally welcome!

OK so I am frankly bowled over and knocked sideways!

Not by the update, that's well... long may updates continue ... till we have the product we paid for.

But by Sally!!! How active are you on here?!?

The sheer number of Dev (Sally) posts is the biggest update frankly! Big step in right direction for me! Hurrah 👏👏👏

Do you know what? I was playing the other day and I thought the exact same!! One burned my face off almost, but then another was fine.....innnteresting. Have you had it happen often? If so, and if you could grab a screenshot/video in a ticket - that'd be great!
It seems neutron stars just look like that now... White Dwarfs are fine (though the skybox is overly bright in their systems.) Neutron stars look like marshmallows and when you get further away from it, only the jets get smaller. The fat blob in the middle stays the same size for a long time. At certain distance it looks like a fat marshmallow with tiny arms...

Greetings Commanders!

Today at approximately 07:30 UTC / 08:30 BST, we released 'Update 3' to address a number of issues in Elite Dangerous: Odyssey.

• Added pledge indicator to station services hud
Thanks for the including a Power Play fix - looking forward to you all winning this tech battle with the Bugs and having some time to work on the promised upgrade to Power Play mechanic. I play EDH everyday and will give EDO another go. And an even bigger thanks for taking the time to respond to so many posts. What a game, good thing I'm retired and this hobby is budget friendly. o7 to the entire Team.

I think it means that you can still tag an individual with a HUD marker. But no longer will you be able to make people permanent pips on your radar just by selecting them from the settlement terminal.

To be fair, the ability to make ourselves omniscient made settlement missions way too easy.
Thanks for the explanation, it's still downloading for me.

To tell you the truth, with all the grinding required to gather mats for the engineers, allowing the player be slightly omniscient in one situation wouldn't hurt ;)
o7 cmdr.

Top Bottom