Elite Dangerous: Odyssey Update 3

sallymorganmoore

Senior Community Manager : Elite Dangerous
So, in case you’re still here, could you pretty please have a look at this? https://issues.frontierstore.net/issue-detail/35846
It’s something that is quite important to a probably very small percentage of players, so I’m afraid it will expire before it can get the 10 votes required for confirmation!

Ah thanks very much for this. All UI related feedback is still naturally a hot topic for us, so I'll take a look.

It seems neutron stars just look like that now... White Dwarfs are fine (though the skybox is overly bright in their systems.) Neutron stars look like marshmallows and when you get further away from it, only the jets get smaller. The fat blob in the middle stays the same size for a long time. At certain distance it looks like a fat marshmallow with tiny arms...
Might be a nice opportunity to completely redo them. There's new data out that shows we (humans) were pretty wrong about them.

Source: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9QmEKGEC2B0

Can we get a fix for the missing biological sites in HIP 36601 and Outotz LS-K D3-8?

I would rather play in Odyessy than in Horizon. Switching to Horizon just to farm mats is inconvienent because I have to rebind keys every switch.

Very nice list of fixes!
Thank you guys! amazing job as always.

I wonder about one thing though:
  • Added a 'resupply' button to the Boarding UI that restocks consumables and weapon ammo
    Very nice quality of life improvement, however will this button also refill the e-breaches? As sometimes it is not necessary, or even harmful to have for a peaceful mission, that can lead to hostile NPC reactions upon getting scanned.
Thanks again, and keep up the great work!
It would have been great if the game could remember what the player had on them when they disembarked and resupplied that.

Can we get a fix for the missing biological sites in HIP 36601 and Outotz LS-K D3-8?

I would rather play in Odyessy than in Horizon. Switching to Horizon just to farm mats is inconvienent because I have to rebind keys every switch.
If those are crystal shard sites, those won't reappear in Odyssey since those sites don't come clustered like that anymore but are strewn all over the planet, like it should be.

Thank you team for your hard work! Absolutely LOVING a lot of these fixes and improvements!

Something that I don't think was mentioned in the list, but which I could SWEAR has been improved, is that now it feels like the data port download times seem to be much more reasonable? If you guys did indeed tweak those download times, thank you very much as the previous download times were overly long sometimes.

Also, I could swear I saw a globe icon popup on my Transaction panel indicating which on-foot missions had been completed which is FANTASTIC! The only problem is that I saw it briefly, and haven't seen it since. So there may be bugs relating to it still.

I'd like to also suggest a little QoL improvement for figuring out whether a terminal or consumables is indoors when you are outside and vica versa by displaying those icons that are in the same environment with full opacity and those that are not at 25% opacity.

View attachment 238624

Oh and PS: It would be very nice if we could exit dialogues with NPCs using Esc since using Esc is a standard in the game for exiting most views.

Hi @sallymorganmoore Thanks once again for all your communication today!

Re: The item wheel inversion issue i raised with you

You asked me to include my binding files? Where would i find them then when they are at home and who do i send them to? I don't see anywhere on the issue tracker. If you could point me in the right direction of how to find them first and which ones you want and then where to send them that would be awesome sauce.

Ta very muchly!

Deleted member 115407

D
Oh and PS: It would be very nice if we could exit dialogues with NPCs using Esc since using Esc is a standard in the game for exiting most views.
Please join my crusade....

sallymorganmoore

Senior Community Manager : Elite Dangerous
OK so I am frankly bowled over and knocked sideways!

Not by the update, that's well... long may updates continue ... till we have the product we paid for.

But by Sally!!! How active are you on here?!?

The sheer number of Dev (Sally) posts is the biggest update frankly! Big step in right direction for me! Hurrah 👏👏👏

Hahah oh gosh!! Well listen, it's all part of the communication improvement plan.

We really want to make sure we get stuck in with you all more here, so we're (CMs) assigned to a single day of the week each now, dedicating time spent here with no other major distractions (unless something huge drops), rather than trying to lump all of our other work into the day AND juggle forums all between us at once. You'd be suprised how much there is to do outside of looking at the forums you know! SO much.

My day is today! Glad it's working!

Do you know what? I was playing the other day and I thought the exact same!! One burned my face off almost, but then another was fine.....innnteresting. Have you had it happen often? If so, and if you could grab a screenshot/video in a ticket - that'd be great!
It's a bug with the Neutron stars They all look this way. (White Dwarfs on the other hand are normal and look as great as ever.)

There's already a Ticket on the issue tracker. So I'm confident that the devs will fix it at some point. =)

edit: spelling

The UI still has a LONG way to go.

Compare the old GUI - count how many actions (buttons, mouse movement, etc.) it take to change an item, or buy a new module, or to compare stored modules, plot a new course, or find out info on a system/star/planet.

Now redo it with the new GUI ... if the number of actions is more, then the new GUI has failed.

(subtle hint : it's more clicks = less fluid design = bad)

Hahah oh gosh!! Well listen, it's all part of the communication improvement plan.

We really want to make sure we get stuck in with you all more here, so we're (CMs) assigned to a single day of the week each now, dedicating time spent here with no other major distractions (unless something huge drops), rather than trying to lump all of our other work into the day AND juggle forums all between us at once. You'd be suprised how much there is to do outside of looking at the forums you know! SO much.

My day is today! Glad it's working!
well you have set the bar pretty high now hahaha, the boys are gonna have their work cut out after this!

Top Bottom