Elite Dangerous: Odyssey Update 3

sallymorganmoore

Senior Community Manager : Elite Dangerous
Hi @sallymorganmoore Thanks once again for all your communication today!

Re: The item wheel inversion issue i raised with you

You asked me to include my binding files? Where would i find them then when they are at home and who do i send them to? I don't see anywhere on the issue tracker. If you could point me in the right direction of how to find them first and which ones you want and then where to send them that would be awesome sauce.

Ta very muchly!

Ah yes of course! Uhhmmm...Can you attach them here maybe? Or in a DM to me via the Forums? Love how I hadn't thought that far - lots of pages here, haha! Thank you :)

sallymorganmoore

Okay, if everyone is posting issue tracker links, here's mine:
Render distance of glasses/sunglasses is very low: https://issues.frontierstore.net/issue-detail/30279
I reported this back in the alpha days, but nobody confirmed it, so it was never fixed.

Always a fan of looking into something affecting a good screenshot! Thanks for the nudge on this, Commander o7 I'll take a look.

sallymorganmoore

The UI still has a LONG way to go.

Compare the old GUI - count how many actions (buttons, mouse movement, etc.) it take to change an item, or buy a new module, or to compare stored modules, plot a new course, or find out info on a system/star/planet.

Now redo it with the new GUI ... if the number of actions is more, then the new GUI has failed.

(subtle hint : it's more clicks = less fluid design = bad)

Working on it, Aewarin :) Still more feedback to sift and updates to come! Thanks so much! o7

This one's for you Sal. Near Tessalit, Mali. Sat Archeology is my forte and I thought you might enjoy it. Thanks for being so kind to respond to us today.
z54e3rt.jpg

Oh gosh no, we could never hate you! I WILL say though that issues around VR are high on our list of, at the very least, being able to communicate back to you more insight on where those are sitting. I just want you to know that much anyway. Really appreciate the patience. VR is a beast all of its own!
I know there’s quite a few of us who’d greatly appreciate any info!

If you want to see some specific VREDO issue reports, I’ve got a list going here:
…and if there are any fellow goggle-heads reading this, please go and add to those reports and get them voted for 😁

Not really related to the updates but since the new approach to clear and honest communications I'll take my shot at it. We have been searching and looking for 6 years now for Raxxla, turned the codex and every little clue we could find about it inside out (twice). Spend hours looking for it. Since we never got an official and clear statement about Raxxla, me and other members of the Tin Foil community would like to have just that since we are starting to doubt the very existance of the legendary planet. So that being said, here is my and many others question. Is Raxxla/the Omphalos Rift currently ingame and can we, right now, find it in the game? Can we actualy find it and see it fysicly in game?

I'd like to also suggest a little QoL improvement for figuring out whether a terminal or consumables is indoors when you are outside and vica versa by displaying those icons that are in the same environment with full opacity and those that are not at 25% opacity.
I'd been thinking along the same lines and was going to put something into the suggestions area with screen mockups.

Would add to this:
  • when you're inside the building that the items outside are dimmed
  • a mini icon in the corner to show that the item is not powered (a circle with a diagonal strike through?)
  • discovered med kits and energy cells are added dynamically
  • a height marker when you get close enough to show it is above/below you

Great work. I know you're all very busy, but I have a small request. At some stage would it be possilbe to have Helm show shield status as a percentage like it used to? When we are testing weapons on each other it's the only way to get accurate readings.

Ah yes of course! Uhhmmm...Can you attach them here maybe? Or in a DM to me via the Forums? Love how I hadn't thought that far - lots of pages here, haha! Thank you :)

Will do as soon as i find out how to find them.. thanks!

Err.. anyone know where?
Where has already been answered, but you can attach them to the issue as a ZIP file.

Right click on the folder then use "Send to..." -> Compressed zip folder.

Then drop them onto the issue (I've used "confirm reproduced" if I want to add something to an existing issue).

What actually would be hillarious if community would be able to come out with a better version of issue tracker (same as it can do with sites like inara and eddb) than FDev's. Collect all the issues there with proper voting system, not expiring any issues and also proper moderation, possibility of users merging duplicates etc etc...
Then send the link to FDev while refuse to use their unloved child...

Top Bottom