Elite Dangerous: Odyssey Update 3

It's funny how all the negative comments are contained to FB and twitter:ROFLMAO: I tried telling them you guys were gonna patch it. Now it didn't help that devs said that it wouldn't be coming until later this month, but I knew it was going to shake out just like when Horizons launched or any of my landings: rocky as all get-outin the start, and then things smooth out.
As much as I feel for everyone involved developing this (Besides maybe the higher ups? Who can really say what caused it to launch like this) The game certainly shouldn't have been released like this. You'd be surprised how much chill everyone would have been about this if they were told beforehand it would basically be a beta. People are always going to be really upset over how this launch happened and I can't blame them.. but with that said..

Yeah, it's clear they will fix it all. I'm not sure how much in doubt this is... but I also feel like this may has been the best outcome even despite my previous remarks. (The expansion releasing in this state, I mean.)

If the trend of their new communication continues to improve thanks to what happened, It will only ever become a good thing for the game as a whole moving forward. A Crisis tends to be what changes people or the way they go about things. And this Crisis may have ended up being a good thing for everyone in the long run. (It remains to be seen if the new communication standard will last, and continue to improve, but if it does, then I feel great things to come verses them releasing this bug free, and still being as deadpan silent to us as ever.)

sallymorganmoore

Senior Community Manager : Elite Dangerous
I purchased some suit liveries in Horizons via ARX. I have lost access to these in Odyssey.

Is that as intended or will I get them back at some point?

Hello :) So this definitely needs a customer services ticket please. They're yours! You should keep them. One of our support will help figure out what's gone on here. Can you update me via DM once you've reported it please? Thanks!

So with todays update i had hoped it might help my issue sadly it did not. The on foot tutorial fps was 60 fps and card temperature normal on lowest graphics settings supersampling to 0.85, until i enter the building with the fire in and my gpu temperature QUICKLY shoots into overheating territory (90+ degrees) and fps TANKS. Still too afraid to continue the tutorial to learn how the game works without fearing damaging my gpu. (with the madness that is gpu prices buying a new one is out of the question)

GTX 980ti 6gb I7 6700 16gb ram

sallymorganmoore

Deleted member 115407

D
Hi @sallymorganmoore

I've been impressed with the amount of communication I've seen on this thread today, so fired up Odyssey for the first time in a few weeks to see how I got on and whether I might have anything useful to add.

Dunno whether anyone else has found this, I searched for an existing ticket but couldn't find one, but I'm having trouble with plotting a route in the GalMap. Specifically, I have two binds for 'select system', one on my HOTAS and one on my gamepad, but hovering over a system and trying to hold either bind to plot a route does nothing. If I hold the left mouse button it works fine.

Ticket raised here---> https://issues.frontierstore.net/issue-detail/38195

You've worked very hard today and deserve a treat - here, have a sausages
View attachment 238666
Can I file a bug report for whoever it was that decided to put sausage on a flour tortilla with a side of ketchup?
Something is definitely not working as intended there...

sallymorganmoore

Hi @sallymorganmoore

I've been impressed with the amount of communication I've seen on this thread today, so fired up Odyssey for the first time in a few weeks to see how I got on and whether I might have anything useful to add.

Dunno whether anyone else has found this, I searched for an existing ticket but couldn't find one, but I'm having trouble with plotting a route in the GalMap. Specifically, I have two binds for 'select system', one on my HOTAS and one on my gamepad, but hovering over a system and trying to hold either bind to plot a route does nothing. If I hold the left mouse button it works fine.

Ticket raised here---> https://issues.frontierstore.net/issue-detail/38195

You've worked very hard today and deserve a treat - here, have a sausages
View attachment 238666

At this point I'm not afraid to say that I really do love sausages.
In HOTAS news, thanks so much for adding the ticket. I'll take a little looksee. Really appreciate it.

I just want to say, the additional communication here is awesome. Even just a simple comment that something is being looked into, or it's on the dev's radar... those things go a long way!

I love you all, and I know you have your work cut out for you. Thank you so much!
Ah! Hello! Of course! Thanks for letting me know! Sorry if I missed a previous call out of this. On it!

For sure. Thank you for the communication! I know its probably not easy... and the (almost emotional for me!) thanks for improving communication can never be understated given how little there was before this for almost everything. While I'm still holding out on slight engineer unlock tweaks. (Halve those opinion poll requirements or make it waaaay more common. Aaaah! Or honestly, Do what you guys are doing with the cat media, where other entertainment media data helps to unlock things too! ) And further Team multicrew connectivity improvements. (Which I'm hoping hard for when shared missions become a thing) And while wishful thinking. I'm really really hoping for all missions just being shareable instead of the massive requirement ones you can get in wings that you can't really complete with just 2 people in an hour or two. I really feel that Multicrew connectivity improvements with being able to share any mission at all, would really revitalize people playing together instead of completely solo.

I can dream! Multicrew team stuff being way more doable like that would basically fulfil a long-time wish! but none of this will be as important as the new communication moving forward. That alone will do wonders for the game in general, and the community as a whole. Regardless of what gets added or changed in the future, real communication like this is basically going to inject fuel into my veins for this game.

Thank you guys for the communication. Again, I know it is not easy and it's certainly a lot more to keep track of, but its probably going to be the best thing you've ever decided to do!

sallymorganmoore

So with todays update i had hoped it might help my issue sadly it did not. The on foot tutorial fps was 60 fps and card temperature normal on lowest graphics settings supersampling to 0.85, until i enter the building with the fire in and my gpu temperature QUICKLY shoots into overheating territory (90+ degrees) and fps TANKS. Still too afraid to continue the tutorial to learn how the game works without fearing damaging my gpu. (with the madness that is gpu prices buying a new one is out of the question)

Goodness me, I don't like the sound of that temperature there...that was NOT the intent of the fire in the building...that should stay IN game. Are you able to file a ticket for me please? Really need to look into this. Thanks so much for the help https://issues.frontierstore.net/

@sallymorganmoore

Hello again!

Could you let me/us know if this issue it being looked at as well as the issue in the um... issue?

Thanks!

sallymorganmoore

For sure. Thank you for the communication! I know its probably not easy... and the (almost emotional for me!) thanks for improving communication can never be understated given how little there was before this for almost everything. While I'm still holding out on slight engineer unlock tweaks. (Halve those opinion poll requirements or make it waaaay more common. Aaaah! Or honestly, Do what you guys are doing with the cat media, where other entertainment media data helps to unlock things too! ) And further Team multicrew connectivity improvements. (Which I'm hoping hard for when shared missions become a thing) And while wishful thinking. I'm really really hoping for all missions just being shareable instead of the massive requirement ones you can get in wings that you can't really complete with just 2 people in an hour or two. I really feel that Multicrew connectivity improvements with being able to share any mission at all, would really revitalize people playing together instead of completely solo.

I can dream! Multicrew team stuff being way more doable like that would basically fulfil a long-time wish! but none of this will be as important as the new communication moving forward. That alone will do wonders for the game in general, and the community as a whole. Regardless of what gets added or changed in the future, real communication like this is basically going to inject fuel into my veins for this game.

Thank you guys for the communication. Again, I know it is not easy and it's certainly a lot more to keep track of, but its probably going to be the best thing you've ever decided to do!

Myyy goodness, Auroral you are so very welcome, this is a really lovely thing to read - and look, you all fuel us too! We are listening and we will continue to improve as hard as we can. With all of this wonderful feedback, thoughts and cooperation we are going to truly get Odyssey to the best it can possibly be.
Sending my best! Thank you again for the game feedback too!

Strangely, fire seemed to make little difference to my gtx 1080 with about 25fps, before patch 3.
Happy to compare settings if that helps.

@sallymorganmoore
You said there's a CM specifically on the forum every day, like you today.
Does that mean, your service here isn't a one-time thing, but tomorrow it's Zac or Bruce or so who's all over our questions and complaints?
And if yes, which thread to post, since this is a patch notes thread after all.

EDIT:
Also I opened a thread yesterday for "intended or not?" questions:

sallymorganmoore

@sallymorganmoore

Hello again!

Could you let me/us know if this issue it being looked at as well as the issue in the um... issue?

Thanks!

Yep, totally grabbed it :)

Ozric

Volunteer Moderator
Thanks once again to the team for a huge list of fixes. Remember to stay hydrated, take breaks, and look after yourselves.

• Fixed POIs spawning all over the galaxy.
This is very nice indeed, thank you.

• An issue has been fixed whereby dying in SRV caused players to enter the ship rebuy flow when they relog.
This is also a good fix as I lost a couple of week's worth of genetic sampling data and Codex vouchers when my SRV was destroyed.

SWEET!

The Horse is back

HighResScreenShot_2021-06-10_15-12-03.jpg

Top Bottom