Elite Dangerous: Odyssey Update 3

Found a new issue with update 3.

The big pink mining lasers in the Industrial settlements (when brought back online) no longer display, you can hear and see the crater but not the beam.

Totally blown away by the level of communication here, this is how you turn a game around. Great work!

Now I checked it out and it really runs smoother with higher and more constant FPS in settlements. If only there would be some better anti-aliasing.

sallymorganmoore

Senior Community Manager : Elite Dangerous
Found a new issue with update 3.

The big pink mining lasers in the Industrial settlements (when brought back online) no longer display, you can hear and see the crater but not the beam.

Totally blown away by the level of communication here, this is how you turn a game around. Great work!

SOMETHING PINK IS BROKEN?! PRIORITY ONE!!! Just kidding (kind of), do you have a ticket I can grab for this, Commander, please?

sallymorganmoore

Hi @sallymorganmoore
Since it seems this is a good place to plug ones issue tracker, er, issues...

I have a weird bug that I haven't seen anyone else mention, which I find surprising, given by how noticeable it is. Basically, I can no longer purchase new suits or weapons at Pioneer Supplies, neither can I upgrade nor sell suits or weapons.

All that happens is I can open the submenus, which allow me to highlight individual suits and weapons by using the mousewheel or bound arrow keys, and the buttons become highlighted and the appropriate suit or weapon is displayed, however clicking on any of the buttons has no effect, not even the back button. Clicking with the mouse and bound select button on my hotas works as normal everywhere else, including the Pioneer main menu, just not on the sub menus.

I've logged an issue on the tracker, but if its just me, I don't suppose it'll get much traction. Any suggestions for other things to try would be much appreciated.

Issue is:

Cheers

Anyone noticed VR image is not Horizontal anymore, tilted clockwise a few degrees.
Screenshot 2021-06-10 164501.jpg

I hate to be a Pain, but I have had this issue up for days now and The Issue I wrote out says it will not load. Can you take a Peek and see if its Broke, or if its just me.
Here's a Pic that shows it as under My Issue
Thanks.

I am not sure if I understand your issue correctly but when I changed my keybinds "On Foot" to custom the Q-wheel menu didn´t respond to the ususal keybinds "WASD" anymore. This is how I changed that back: You should check if there are keybinds under "General Controls -> Interface Mode" and map them to your liking. That worked for me.

sallymorganmoore

Hi @sallymorganmoore

I have a weird bug that I haven't seen anyone else mention, which I find surprising, given by how noticeable it is. Basically, I can no longer purchase new suits or weapons at Pioneer Supplies, neither can I upgrade nor sell suits or weapons.

All that happens is I can open the submenus, which allow me to highlight individual suits and weapons by using the mousewheel or bound arrow keys, and the buttons become highlighted and the appropriate suit or weapon is displayed, however clicking on any of the buttons has no effect, not even the back button. Clicking with the mouse and bound select button on my hotas works as normal everywhere else, including the Pioneer main menu, just not on the sub menus.

I've logged an issue on the tracker, but if its just me, I don't suppose it'll get much traction. Any suggestions for other things to try would be much appreciated.

Issue is:

Cheers

Still more than happy to take a little look, Commander! Thanks so much for putting a ticket in! There have been a few HOTAS related issues today so you never know if things are linked somehow. Thanks!

Hi @sallymorganmoore

Issue is:

Cheers
Is there a chance you have the "Engineer Modification Slots" on the right hand side highlighted? If so, try to keep pushing down until none of those are highlighted. Then try to purchase the suit or weapon.

@sallymorganmoore https://issues.frontierstore.net/issue-detail/31446 a bug that literally prevents players from playing the game, I have not been able to play Elite for a solid 2 weeks now just because I docked in the Sharur system before logging out. I'm not the only one dealing with this bug. Please help us on this issue ASAP as we haven't heard a word from you guys about acknowledging this issues that started appearing LAST MONTH. Thanks.

A bit away from settlements so can't give updates on fps for that yet but planet side walking around i've seen a nice jump in fps, now getting into the upper 40s- 50s and depending on what's on screen i've even gone a bit over 60fps in some spots on foot. Also I know it s a bit minor but thanks for fixing the trophy bobbleheads. Thanks to everyone working to bring us these updates every Thursday. :)

To say it looks worse than Horizons as a blanket statement is simple wrong. Don't listen to this kind of hyperbolic statement.

It looks bad when glitches appear and broken rendering.

Though I would say it varies in times from looking average to very nice indeed, when everything is working.
Besides the bad performance on Planet ground, settlements and stations i know what he is meaning. Compared to Horizons the Planet surfaces looking very flat... no more canyons, often just one and the same color and so on. The textures looking good but overall the wow effect like in Horizons is missing in Odyssey. Hope FDEV can change something in a good way here.

I am not sure if I understand your issue correctly but when I changed my keybinds "On Foot" to custom the Q-wheel menu didn´t respond to the ususal keybinds "WASD" anymore. This is how I changed that back: You should check if there are keybinds under "General Controls -> Interface Mode" and map them to your liking. That worked for me.
If I have a HOTAS and the binds for Selecting Menus are Bound to it, there is no way to use the Q menu on the Controller. I can open it, but not select anything.

I use a HOTAS for Ship and SRV and Xbox on Foot. If i Bind the Xbox AND the HOTAS, then my HCS voice packs can't use the Keyboard keys to operate Menus. Previously you could Bind seperate controls for the menus in the SRV than the Ship. They Removed that, and its only in one place. If they made the binds for the SRV and on foot be able to be different, no issue.

• Stopped the powerlink from being able to charge when not remaining directed at the recharge port.
    Please god no, put it back, please. This takes the fast paced high mobility conflict zones and bringes them to a screeching halt. It's fine at settlements, but it's painful at CZ's.

Top Bottom