Elite Dangerous: Odyssey Update 3

Hello everyone here!

For the sake of being massively open with you after today's EPIC SESSION here with you all (Thank you! It truly has been amazing), I now need to finish up for the day because food, sleep and a VERY much needed shower all have my name on them.

Once again, thank you MILLIONS for your engagement today. Me stepping away now does not mean this level of attention ends here.
This will continue with each CM allocated to a day of the week moving forward, whereby they will be as close to 100% glued to forum conversation as possible, as part of our new communications plan that Zac outlined a little in Supercruise news earlier this week.

I'll check back in here in a more "regular" fashion of course throughout the week, as I dedicate my time back to my other major duties, until this happens all over again next Thursday.

Stay amazing!
I'll catch you all regardless!

Sally o7
You have done an absolute solid one for us all to day Sally GG! You've earned that grub and hopefully a stiff drink too!!

Anyone else getting this bug after the update ?
Bug after bug after bug, god damm it Frontier....
Does anyone know how to fix this ?

Attachments

• Screenshot_0003.jpg
    Screenshot_0003.jpg
    176.5 KB · Views: 101
We paid full price for Odyssey, FD. The things you've "improved" and "fixed" are not things you "forget" to do for a full release or things you do after said release, like you are doing now. My disappointment is immense and my day is ruined. Also, straight talk, I am not spending a single penny on Elite in the foreseeable future. Hope those quarterly profit reports were worth it.
I'm kind of with you on this topic. I'm not sure I go along with people thanking the team at FD for fixing things they broke.
If a garage mechanic reversed out of his drive way without looking and ran over my motorbike and then decides he would repair it, am I supposed to thank him when he hands it back 2 weeks later when he's fixed it? Especially when he tells me the bike is repaired but it only runs at 50% top speed now!
Does he deserve a thank you?

Planets and moons keeps popping up (graphics, resolution, textures and things) as you approach them.
This is TERRIBLE UGLY and ridiculous.
Let's see if Frontier fix this basic thing next update.
I think these things might also be a bit tricky, because this doesn't happen for everyone. For me approach planets is pretty smooth with some minor texture trouble sometimes near the surface and only when I'm still in the ship.

I was wrong, it is 400ly View attachment 238726

I went out on my first really big 'Splore in late 2016. There were NPCs flying around out to ~500ly, USSs & non-persistent POIs (blue circles) for regular civilisation things with skimmers out to a similar distance. Beyond around 5,000ly out there were no more cargo canisters on planets, only occasional escape pods, beyond 10,000ly from the nearest dock there was nothing.

More recently, this year I found very, very occasional non-persistent POIs on planets everywhere (furthest from dock was 28,000ly from Colonia up in the Void), the new Odyssey map reveals seem consistent with how the game behaved immediately before the Odd launch, it's just that they are obvious now of course.

I also remember Tea memes from explorers everywhere shortly after Horizons launched :)

I'm kind of with you on this topic. I'm not sure I go along with people thanking the team at FD for fixing things they broke.
If a garage mechanic reversed out of his drive way without looking and ran over my motorbike and then decides he would repair it, am I supposed to thank him when he hands it back 2 weeks later when he's fixed it? Especially when he tells me the bike is repaired but it only runs at 50% top speed now!
Does he deserve a thank you?
It is basically not your motobike. You have an end user license agreement. Thats. All. You can use it or not. No further claims are given to you.

@sallymorganmoore You're doing great! Thank you for responding to so many posts! Thank you for all the hard work and communication.

To the rest of the community: Folks, this isn't a place to post bugs, ask for feature requests, or ask general non-related patch notes questions :). Please, please please, be nice and move all that stuff to the appropriate channels. I don't want to lose this increased CM communication because we are taking advantage of them hard, all at once.

No noticeable change in performance on a 1060. If anything, it seems like the average FPS is actually ~10 lower in both star and surface ports on both Low and High settings. Still struggling to get more than 60-70 FPS when not in supercruise, with high intensity CZs, disabled settlements which are on fire and surface ports as the absolute low points with 20-30 FPS (especially on the dark side of planets). On this hardware, Horizons was 120+ FPS across the board with High+ settings with the exception of a few busy stations.

Last edited:
@sallymorganmoore You're doing great! Thank you for responding to so many posts! Thank you for all the hard work and communication.

To the rest of the community: Folks, this isn't a place to post bugs, ask for feature requests, or ask general non-related patch notes questions :). Please, please please, be nice and move all that stuff to the appropriate channels. I don't want to lose this increased CM communication because we are taking advantage of them hard, all at once.
With all due respect, Frontier brought this upon themselves with this disastrous release.
The sad thing is that is the ground floor employees who have to deal with this and not the management who clearly pushed Odyssey way before it was ready.

Thank you FDev's for the update and I know you are all working hard on getting Odyssey bug free. Keep up the good work !!!!

With all due respect, Frontier brought this upon themselves with this disastrous release.
The sad thing is that is the ground floor employees who have to deal with this and not the management who clearly pushed Odyssey way before it was ready.
With all due respect, this isn't the channel for this type of communication. If you are upset, make a forum post somewhere else, contact customer service, or ask for a refund through an appropriate vendor.

It is basically not your motobike. You have an end user license agreement. Thats. All. You can use it or not. No further claims are given to you.
Point taken it's theirs to brake if they want to. But thanking then for fixing it afterwards is to me unfounded. Now if they add or improve (working) content beyond what they started out with then I will thank them all day long.

Top Bottom