Elite Dangerous: Odyssey Update 3

Hero is thankfully no longer in hiding, that's right. However please do tell me if that's somehow not the case and he's gone shy again. Thanks!
hero ferrari invitation still not working, I did like 30 CZ and just did a few more. still no invitation or mail. I so wanna go out of the bubble but I can't till finish engineers stuff. so please HELP!

Hello everyone here!

For the sake of being massively open with you after today's EPIC SESSION here with you all (Thank you! It truly has been amazing), I now need to finish up for the day because food, sleep and a VERY much needed shower all have my name on them.

Once again, thank you MILLIONS for your engagement today. Me stepping away now does not mean this level of attention ends here.
This will continue with each CM allocated to a day of the week moving forward, whereby they will be as close to 100% glued to forum conversation as possible, as part of our new communications plan that Zac outlined a little in Supercruise news earlier this week.

I'll check back in here in a more "regular" fashion of course throughout the week, as I dedicate my time back to my other major duties, until this happens all over again next Thursday.

Stay amazing!
I'll catch you all regardless!

Sally o7
Ma'am, thank you and please pass along those thanks to the rest of the team.

Can't be true. FPS is still atrociously low (30 to 45) on 1080p at default high settings with a GTX 1060 6GB in the suit operative tutorial. I also resetted the graphics settings. This doesn't sound like the right conditions for a "recommended" GPU, does it?

Meanwhile, in No Man's Sky Prisms Update, I get screenspace reflections, glass refractions, detailed space backdrops, with 80 to 100 FPS on default high settings at 1080p, same GPU. And no issues at all while in NMS interiors.
Sorry if my words were a bit harsh, i appreciate the openness, though, and hope that (further) optimization and performance fixes are still on the agenda.

Thanks for the Update. There are a lot of fixes.

I tried Update 3 but settlements are still broken. Still missing containers for completing missions.
Cormack Enterprise. LTT 15574 5 B. Gyriak. Should get something from Container 9 but there is no container with that number...

Other settlements have same issues.

By the way the sorting is broken too. The List shows Container 1, Container 10 and then Container 2, Container 3 ... Maybe this is not a bug?
1623345565402.png

Although there are settlements in eg Gyriak which have floating buildings above ground.

1623345747868.png

Would be very nice if the settlement issues would be fixed soon as this is a real showstopper if you are not able to complete your missions and missions are failing because of missing items and grafical glitches.

I have about 700 hours on record with Horizons (double Elite status, close to tripple Elite) and I am just very sad that Odyssey so far (incl. today's update) is unplayable for me.
Reasons:
  • I can not play fullscreen, any time I go fullscreen mode the game crashes (10 sec in release version and all updates till today, today it crashed after 10 minutes, I actually did manage to shoot down one NPC ship in a random encounter but soon after that it crashed). Each time I send a crash report but I have given up hope that it changes anything.
  • I want to run the game in 4k which I did for the entire time of Horizons and it was smooth and looked fantastic. I had all settings to high or ultra and it was wonderful
  • Now I can't run even the "mid" preset with low shadows and no anti-aliasing, I get (if the program does not crash) a maximum of 26 FPS (in space and on foot) and it is laggy as hell, absolutely zero fun to play.
  • I ran it a bit in windowed mode with a smaller size window and it was "ok", FPS around 30-40, but I don't enjoy one bit of that small window on my large screen.
  • The colouring is way off. Too dark, gamma settings don't help at all.

My specs:
  • I7 6700K overclocked watercooled
  • 2 x GTX1080 founders edition (12 GB VRAM each) in SLI configuration (overclocked, watercooled)
  • 32 GB RAM
  • Samsung NVMe SSD 950
  • Win 10, latest NVIDIA drivers

This is a (for the time from 2016 where I treated myself to this crazy overpowered setup) very nice gaming platform still today. It exceeds the minimum and even recommended specs by a lot and it is capable of running modern titles very nicely. I play "Assetto Corsa Competizione" a lot (in 4K, decent details, no problems at all), "Shadow of War" in full detail max view range, max gfx config (comparison as an FPS game) and Arma3 with about 6 GB of mods installed (comparison for a complex 3D game with tons of mods).
All of those titles and many more (BF 1, Doom Eternal just to name other FPS games) I can play with 100% stability and enjoyment in 4K. So I consider my system not at fault for those crashes and problems I experience with Elite at this point in time. I think the game engine is very poorly optimized at this stage.

The reason I am writing this posting is just to let you know I love the game and I want to believe in it. I want to enjoy it again. But for now I will not be playing anymore.

Sad greetings from Germany
Take the over clock OFF your card, elite crashes if you have an over clock.

With all due respect, this isn't the channel for this type of communication. If you are upset, make a forum post somewhere else, contact customer service, or ask for a refund through an appropriate vendor.
Im not upset(well not much), I have nothing but the best wishes for the dev team and hope they can climb out of the hole the management threw them, but Frontier should be reminded ALWAYS that this is not acceptable.

Im not upset(well not much), I have nothing but the best wishes for the dev team and hope they can climb out of the hole the management threw them, but Frontier should be remind ALWAYS that this is not acceptable.
Read prior post. It's ok to be upset, but this is not the place to do so. Please go through the appropriate channels.

SOMETHING PINK IS BROKEN?! PRIORITY ONE!!! Just kidding (kind of), do you have a ticket I can grab for this, Commander, please?

Lol - I’ve not logged it on the issue tracker as yet, I‘ll see if it happens again, just giving you a heads up.

Although it’s been said before - thank you for all the hard work you did today, your positive attitude rubbed off on me a little and I feel a lot better for it!

I thought we were going to be able to swap the suit used in a loadout. That was the only improvement I saw in the demonstration that Zac gave us in Tuesday's stream.

Take the over clock OFF your card, elite crashes if you have an over clock.
Does it? Not here. But it did when I ran two 1070s in SLI so that part of the configuration surprises me. I had to stick to a single but no issues overclocking. Recently upgraded to a 3060 RLX, again overclocked with no problems.

Well, I've tried to launch Odyssey three times today, all I get is Can't Connect to Frontier Servers. I've had no connection issues until today and I have no issues launching and playing Horizons

I have about 700 hours on record with Horizons (double Elite status, close to tripple Elite) and I am just very sad that Odyssey so far (incl. today's update) is unplayable for me.
Reasons:
  • I can not play fullscreen, any time I go fullscreen mode the game crashes (10 sec in release version and all updates till today, today it crashed after 10 minutes, I actually did manage to shoot down one NPC ship in a random encounter but soon after that it crashed). Each time I send a crash report but I have given up hope that it changes anything.
  • I want to run the game in 4k which I did for the entire time of Horizons and it was smooth and looked fantastic. I had all settings to high or ultra and it was wonderful
  • Now I can't run even the "mid" preset with low shadows and no anti-aliasing, I get (if the program does not crash) a maximum of 26 FPS (in space and on foot) and it is laggy as hell, absolutely zero fun to play.
  • I ran it a bit in windowed mode with a smaller size window and it was "ok", FPS around 30-40, but I don't enjoy one bit of that small window on my large screen.
  • The colouring is way off. Too dark, gamma settings don't help at all.

My specs:
  • I7 6700K overclocked watercooled
  • 2 x GTX1080 founders edition (12 GB VRAM each) in SLI configuration (overclocked, watercooled)
  • 32 GB RAM
  • Samsung NVMe SSD 950
  • Win 10, latest NVIDIA drivers

This is a (for the time from 2016 where I treated myself to this crazy overpowered setup) very nice gaming platform still today. It exceeds the minimum and even recommended specs by a lot and it is capable of running modern titles very nicely. I play "Assetto Corsa Competizione" a lot (in 4K, decent details, no problems at all), "Shadow of War" in full detail max view range, max gfx config (comparison as an FPS game) and Arma3 with about 6 GB of mods installed (comparison for a complex 3D game with tons of mods).
All of those titles and many more (BF 1, Doom Eternal just to name other FPS games) I can play with 100% stability and enjoyment in 4K. So I consider my system not at fault for those crashes and problems I experience with Elite at this point in time. I think the game engine is very poorly optimized at this stage.

The reason I am writing this posting is just to let you know I love the game and I want to believe in it. I want to enjoy it again. But for now I will not be playing anymore.

Sad greetings from Germany

Maybe its a Power thing?
What kind of PSU you have ?

From my limited experience so far, I tend to agree, but bacterial colonies are felt to be 10 times more difficult to detect. However, I'm not entirely sure they aren't also much rarer. After re-watching one of my recent videos, I clearly spotted one that I missed as I flew by.
For bacterial colonies I started hovering around in my SRV with mouse look activated...
Means: yes. Harder to find. :D

I'm kind of with you on this topic. I'm not sure I go along with people thanking the team at FD for fixing things they broke.
If a garage mechanic reversed out of his drive way without looking and ran over my motorbike and then decides he would repair it, am I supposed to thank him when he hands it back 2 weeks later when he's fixed it? Especially when he tells me the bike is repaired but it only runs at 50% top speed now!
Does he deserve a thank you?
Yes. It's called being polite.

The mechanic could have just left, leaving you with the broken pieces of your motorbike. They could have billed you for the repairs. But they instead made the best of a ty situation and fixed the bike.

I think many people have made very clear to be unhappy with the way and the state this DLC was released in. Screaming at a community manager about it does not yield any more useful results.

Thanking the community manager creates a nicer atmosphere, and yields better results in the short and long term. We actually get some confirmation that certain issues are being looked into. A CM can't make the developers work any faster, but at least we know that the issues we raise do not just disappear without ever being seen.

And sure, I would certainly think twice before hiring that mechanic again, but just because the mechanic broke my motorcycle doesn't mean I should set their garage on fire "because I am angry". FD has to build up trust again and that will take time, but being rude to a community manager does not improve on that.

Top Bottom