Elite Dangerous: Odyssey Update 3

Thanks for all the hard work, and I know there's a lot more to come.

Incremental performance increase, so that's nice, and I can now back out of the 'Missions' menu to the Starport menu. Haven't tried out the new foot outfitting yet. No longer getting the CTD within the first 2 minutes or so of the first attempt to play, but did have a soft lock entering Witch Space. Skimmers no longer seem targetable from Ship, even when hostile and shooting at me.

Ranking Up still seems broken - From before patch
1623370006261.png
1623370031698.png

After Patch

1623370061341.png
1623370079706.png

Relogging and even going into Horizons still shows as Squire.

This massive frame rate drop is still present when looking through store windows. (A problem with the player's reflection, maybe? Only seems to happen front-on, not at an oblique angle.)

Looking in through the door, 60fps.

20210602093529_1.jpg

Move left 3 paces, look in through the window, 36fps:

20210602093542_1.jpg

Same at Vista Genomics. Looking through the door, 60fps (as with most of the station interior):

20210602093822_1.jpg

Look through the window into the same store, 30fps.

20210602093811_1.jpg

This is repeatable, and also happens with interior windows in settlement buildings.

This massive frame rate drop is still present when looking through store windows. (A problem with the player's reflection, maybe? Only seems to happen front-on, not at an oblique angle.)

View attachment 238907

View attachment 238908

Same at Vista Genomics. Looking through the door, 60fps (as with most of the station interior):

View attachment 238909

View attachment 238911

This is repeatable, and also happens with interior windows in settlement buildings.
Interesting. Doesn't happen to me though. Stays roughly around 69-80 FPS in all those scenarios.

View attachment 238907

View attachment 238908

View attachment 238909

View attachment 238911

Interesting. Doesn't happen to me though. Stays roughly around 69-80 FPS in all those scenarios.
Can confirm frame rate drop with the windows. Typically drops about 10-15 FPS, bearing in mind that on the concourse, I'm normally around 40 FPS with my GTX980

Can confirm frame rate drop with the windows. Typically drops about 10-15 FPS, bearing in mind that on the concourse, I'm normally around 40 FPS with my GTX980
My guess is that it'll be to do with the hardware - whatever processes the window is handling must be trivial for my card (3060ti)

I thought I was dreaming, but another guy in another topic confirmed - game started to miss textrures/objects again, i.e. loot is not drawn. That was fixed early by allowing to use system RAM. Now same bug is back but not so often as it was.

My guess is that it'll be to do with the hardware - whatever processes the window is handling must be trivial for my card (3060ti)

I have a 1660Ti with most settings on Low or Medium, some on High.

I'm guessing it's player reflection, so I messed around with outfitting, removed my avatar's glasses (double reflections?) and so on, but none of it made any difference.

@Fdev - HUGE THANKS!!!

Keep up the good work guys/gals! I know there is a huge difference in stability for something on small scale vs large scale so issues were bound to happen upon implementation, and it is sad some folks are throwing such big fits. But from what I've seen in other MMO's, you guys/gals really put the work in to hammer out the wrinkles in the new release the best!

Remember guys/gals! Horizons started with plantary landings and engineers... ended up getting new ships, new mining methods/modules, new exploration modules with a complete system revamp, fleet carriers, more engineers, etc! So lets give Fdev all the "Constructive" criticism and feedback we can so they help improve the game by the same measure just differently!

I repeated the experiment (clear and instant frame rate killer) on a GTX970/i5-4690

58-60 fps looking across a station concourse

20210611094125_1.jpg

Down to 30fps as soon as I approach the terminal. Remains on 30 until I back away again.

20210611094149_1.jpg

• "Improvements to matchmaking when in wings have been made."
I took one flight in my friends ship as a passenger, and the whole thing promptly broke the second we tried to go into super cruise. That's some good fixin' right there!

I can 100% assure you, Commander, that nothing about the development of Elite Dangerous is ever basic. What I can totally assure you is with all of this incredible feedback and awesome conversation we're having, we will move forward with the improvements you deserve. Seriously. Thanks so much for the time and patience o7
Thank you Sally, and I'm sorry; I wasn't clear.

It's not (at least in my opinion) a good move to release a DLC that makes the game worse in menus, uglier with popping up in graphics, low textures and terrible shadows in planets and moons. When you take a screenshot from far; it's nice! But when you get closer...
It's a basic step in a quality assurance process before release a product; Check if at least it's running at the same level of quality.
I'm sure there are many other thins that we don't know, so; let's move foward.

I do understand the fix for that is complex, but I sure that FDev team will not only fix it, but add more content.
I really hope Frontier takes the same steps that Hello game did.
Elite is my favorite game of all time (play since 1985), and I'll continue to give honest and direct feedback to help the development.

BTW, call me crazy. Even with all the issues, I still loving playing Odyssey.

Cheers,
DP

@Fdev - HUGE THANKS!!!

Keep up the good work guys/gals! I know there is a huge difference in stability for something on small scale vs large scale so issues were bound to happen upon implementation, and it is sad some folks are throwing such big fits. But from what I've seen in other MMO's, you guys/gals really put the work in to hammer out the wrinkles in the new release the best!

Remember guys/gals! Horizons started with plantary landings and engineers... ended up getting new ships, new mining methods/modules, new exploration modules with a complete system revamp, fleet carriers, more engineers, etc! So lets give Fdev all the "Constructive" criticism and feedback we can so they help improve the game by the same measure just differently!
1) People are miffed that Fdev lied to them about the state the release would be in, not that there are issues with it - felt like a bait & switch..
2) Horizons was a season (2 years) of prepaid update whereas Odyssey is a one and done paid upfront DLC with no promises of any more content.

Having said that, if the forums / Youtubers / game sites hadn't gone into meltdown over the release we wouldn't have this new, better communications from Fdev which is a huge positive corporate shift that will hopefully extend past the console release...

@Fdev - HUGE THANKS!!!

I really hope they fix all the things and add a LOT OF MORE CONTENT.
Hello games was an example that Frontier MUST follow!
Let's see the next weeks.

Cheers.

Quick test and achieved 40/50 frames at a settlement on triple screen 7680x1440p with a RTX 3070. Big improvement from the usual 20 but still sucks in stations. It's still a long way to go from Horizons like performance of 100+ everywhere!

Last edited:
Thanks for the Update. There are a lot of fixes.

I tried Update 3 but settlements are still broken. Still missing containers for completing missions.
Cormack Enterprise. LTT 15574 5 B. Gyriak. Should get something from Container 9 but there is no container with that number...

Other settlements have same issues.

By the way the sorting is broken too. The List shows Container 1, Container 10 and then Container 2, Container 3 ... Maybe this is not a bug?

Although there are settlements in eg Gyriak which have floating buildings above ground.

Would be very nice if the settlement issues would be fixed soon as this is a real showstopper if you are not able to complete your missions and missions are failing because of missing items and grafical glitches.
This is not a bug. Your clearance is 0 and the missing container is in one of the buildings that requires higher level clearance to show you the contents. So, either restart the game and hope that RNG will move the item to a different container (it has for me) or clone someone's higher ID and use the terminal again. It's probably in the Power Building...

I have had a similar issue with a container not appearing and I could at least complete the mission by going to main menu and loading back in. It recreated the instance and made me open another container that did exist.
Not a bug. The container is in a building you can't check because you have low clearance. So either relog and hope RNG moves it (which it did - it doesn't always) or clone somebody's ID and search again.

Top Bottom